You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Darkest Secret

Real Ghost Stories

Darkest Secret

 

When I was in high school I went to a party at a friends house. He invited a few of his friends over but also had a sister, who was a couple of years younger, who was having a sleep over that same night. While we were having a couple of beers the younger girls decided to pull out a Ouija board. A little while later I heard them all getting excited about something and they started to call my name.

At first I laughed it off thinking it was a prank, but they swore that the board was asking for me specifically. Skeptically, I went along and put my hands board and asked - now what? The girls then told me to ask it to dance. When I did the pointer went from side to side almost leaving my fingers. At this point I was convinced this was no joke. I ask the board how it knew me. The response was from your brother. Well I have a brother name Jake, but it insisted that it was John, who was my uncle. I kind of laughed at the idea but continued asking how John was connected to this. It replied that John was the Son of Satan and that it knew of him from Hell. Inaccurate or not It was freaking me out a bit so I decided to get off, but before I did one of the girls ask me to have it give a sign that it was with us. As soon as I ask one of the guys leaning over the board necklace fell right in the middle of the board from his neck. That was it for me and I was done with that!

Well a few years later my grandfather had passed away and my Uncle John was pretty upset that he had lost his father. At the funeral his medicated mother (my grandmother) told him 'I don't know why your so upset - that's not even your real father'. We then learned that my mother was raped at a young age and my uncle John was actually my brother, but was raised as my Uncle to protect from any family shame.

Long story short - The Ouija board was right! It will find the darkest secret in the room and try to manipulate you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stem, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Theoretically, there shouldn't have been as much social drama surrounding the birth of a baby to an unmarried mother, not if the author is a young adult. Times have changed, but times have not changed for everybody. Some people are still stuck in the past, and regardless of the circumstances of the birth would regard it as a scandal. It's wrong, but it's reality.
For what it's worth, I believe this is a true account. Normally I don't believe the "I won't be participating in the comments" stories, but this one does seem real to me. I can understand why the OP wouldn't want to participate, he's gotten some heavy stuff off his chest and may just want to leave that baggage where it is.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
RedWolf: My thoughts are running along the same line as yours. But there just isn't enough information. We don't know the O/P's age, when he was in high school, his mother's age at the time of the attack, the birth order of him and Jake, or how long after the Ouija board thing his grandfather passed away.

We could sit here and speculate all day 😆 and never know if we're even close without the input from the author. But, sometimes families are funny like that. And the thing that keeps haunting my mind is, dare I say, incest. Ugh, I don't even want to think about that 😢
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
What I don't get is why would the grandparents do this. If the O/P is a young adult I would thik that his half brother was born in the late '70s or early '80s. By then there was not as much stigma of having a child out of wed lock. Granted the circumstances surrounding Johns conception was a vile demeaning act by a monster (the human kind) I don't understand why the grandparents would raise him as their own rather than insist the baby be put up for adoption which WAScommon then. The story doesn't sound supernatural as tha ouija board sessionsounds like B.S.

Rook
Thank you for the web site. I found it very interesting and informative. I just wonder if this covers being able to manipulate mechanical things as I could also do before all of the electronics. I worked in a machine shop years ago and if the boss or oneof his kids got me mad or upset I would concentrate on a machine I wasn't working on and it would break. 😆
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
What I truely believe is the best statement of all is from the O/P..."It will find the darkest secret in the room and try to manipulate you." Wow... How profound! I have had experience with the Ouija board before and most of the stories that I have read have very negative entities that come through them and therefore have bad experiences. This just reaffirms that for me. Lesson be learned... Stay away from the ouija boards unless you are willing to accept the consequences.

Zeta.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Excuse me, that shouldve read."The Op's granmother is medicated at the funeral and let's out the secret.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
The OP's mother was raped at a young age and had a child. Her parents adopted that child named John, who then was raised as the Op's mothers brother. (even though he was secretly her son.) At the funeral the Op's mother is medicated and let's out the family secret.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Sorry guys, but I really don't understand why this is so confusing 😆:

"We then learned that my mother was raped at a young age and my uncle John was actually my brother, but was raised as my Uncle to protect from any family shame."
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
[at] SmokenMirrors: I must say that I do agree with you. Back then it was easier to explain then going through the "child born out of wedlock" trauma. Thankfully it is not that way today. I believe that I read one time that the famous actor Jack Nickolson was raised by his Grandma believing that it was his mother his entire childhood. Yes, I too wish the O/P would have decided to respond but I do understand that there are many reasons some people choose not to.

Thanks, zeta.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
(At) Zeta, This is slightly of topic but bare with me.
I have delved into a some family tree research, and in doing so have found it wasn't uncommon for children born out of wedlock to be raised by there grandparents as there own children. This was done to save from disgracing the family name.
Back to your question it is highly possible that this was done for "uncle" John.

It's a shame that the O/P has decided not to participate as answering a few question could help to clear up a lot of confusion.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Okay this is what is confusing to me. Why would the grandmother raise the child as her own to avoid any family embarrassment? Did the grandmother miraculously just have a child with no explanation? There has to be more to this story that I am not getting but it sounds as if I am not the only one confused here. That being said, the O/P has come to tell an experience that obviously was chilling and frightening to him, something that stays with him. I think that if the O/P has not experienced anything else, that might be the end of it. I guess it proves that family secrets come out one way or another. But since the O/P has chosen not to respond, I have a couple questions but won't ask. To the O/P...best wishes to you. Hope everything is going fine in your family now.

Zeta.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Many thanks to those who have pointed out that John may have been raised by Grandma and Grandpaw and actually be the O/P brother...Here's the 64 dollar question...

Older Brother?...Would have to be wouldn't he... Its the only way to 'play him off' as Grandma's son...

Which raises the question, how young was the O/P's Mother when these events transpired?

Respectfully,

Rook

PS: Wishful, No problem we are here to help.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Oh...sorry, as I was typing I didn't realize you had already been told you had misread... About a million times. In the words of Homer Simpson..."D'oh!" 😳. Well at least we know everybody's paying attention! 😆
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
[at] Rook, I was having trouble with the connections of this story too, but after mulling over quite a few times, I believe the O/P is saying that his mother is the birth mother of 3 people total - himself & his brother Jake, as well as his uncle John. I think he's saying his uncle John was raised by the O/P's grandparents (raised by his mother's parents, because his mother was young when she was attacked & became pregnant). At least, I Think that is what he's saying... 😕
On a completely different note, I really wanted to thank you for the link on SLIders you posted for me to check out - it sounds exactly like the kind of phenomena I keep experiencing! Whew, maybe I'm not completely insane or the only one who has this chronic problem... 😁 It is of course still inconvenient & gets me strange looks many times, but I can't express it's how good it feels to know i'm not alone. Thank you! ❤
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hi Rook, As Sceptic_Ari has pointed out the O/P has put they will not participate in the discussion so in the likelihood they won't reply I will try to clear this up for them.

As far fetched as the board part sounds the family thing goes like this (I think)

The O/P has a brother Jake and uncle John
Uncle John is the Brother to the O/P's Mother.

On the death of the O/P's Grand father (Uncle Johns Farther) it comes to light that Uncle John is in fact the son of the O/P's Mom making him his brother.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
[at] Rookdygin, I believe what he was saying was that the person John thought was his Uncle John's grandma was actually his mom. This person's grandmother was still his grandmother, but uncle John was his brother, not his uncle. But why was the grandmother so mean? 😕
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Rook, I think maybe you read wrong. The op says, at least this is how I understood it, his mother's son was raised as her brother (making the op's grandparent's (his mom's parents) John's 'parents'and John the op's half brother).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
stem,

I have some experience with 'boards' and I can believe that a contacted spirit may have asked to 'speak' with you because it had a message for you. That is not what I want to ask about...

You stated this was the message from the 'spirit'...

"...response was from your brother. Well I have a brother name Jake, but it insisted that it was John, who was my uncle. I kind of laughed at the idea but continued asking how John was connected to this. It replied that John was the Son of Satan and that it knew of him from Hell."

This seems a bit over the top, but if a spirit wanted to 'mess' with you then MAYBE this is what it chose to say. Here is where my real question lies and where your experience looses credibility for me...

"Well a few years later my grandfather had passed away and my Uncle John was pretty upset that he had lost his father. At the funeral his medicated mother (my grandmother) told him 'I don't know why your so upset - that's not even your real father'. We then learned that my mother was raped at a young age and my uncle John was actually my brother, but was raised as my Uncle to protect from any family shame."

By your own wording... Uncle John is not your Father's Brother... But he is actually YOUR BROTHER... Which would make your GRANDMOTHER your MOTHER...

Or have I read your 'experience' wrong?

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hey Val... This O/P won't reply... Anyway this sounds like some sinister movie plot when read out loud with all the effects.

Regards
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
I wonder why on earth your Grandmother would have been so cruel as to say something so cold to John?
The whole ouija board thing was creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: