You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Family Of Night Terrors

Real Ghost Stories

Family Of Night Terrors

 

I have been a believer of the paranormal since I was a little girl. Now, I need answers because I am concerned that something is effecting our children. My story may be a little lengthy so please be patient.

I will start with I recently had a little boy. While I was pregnant with him I started seeing things out of the corners of my eyes and this became more frequent later on in my pregnancy. Initially, I brushed it off as the layout of my house playing tricks on my eyes to just being extra paranoid since I was pregnant. Upon doing research I read that pregnant women tend to be more susceptible to the paranormal and generally it was loved ones excited about the birth of a new child. I broke into tears because what immediately came to mind was my grandfather who had recently passed away. After being comforted by this thought, and not feeling threatened, I was at ease.

After my son was born, I continued to see shadows or things in my peripheral vision that would catch my attention. This ranged from seeing things walking towards me from another room and when looking up there was nothing there, or simply catching things disappearing around the corner. To this day I still see things. Even my son will be staring at me and smiling and then he will look behind me and do a big cheesy grin as if there was something there. I know babies are notorious for doing things like that because they are babies, but I feel like something is there.

After a few weeks of my son being home, I noticed that he would wake up crying like he had a bad dream or something was hurting him and then go back to sleep. He still does. There have been numerous times where he is laying down perfectly content and then start to scream like something scared him or hurt him. He is three months old and I know there can be numerous explanations as to why other than paranormal, but what I write about next may shed some different light.

About a month and a half ago my fiancé and I were talking about dreams and discovered we both had similar dreams about something trying to take our son. They were both different scenarios but resulted in something demon-like wanting our son. My dream consisted of something shaking my bed and I was completely aware of my son out in the living room crying with his father (this was going on in real time). I knew something was in my room and I sat up screaming and yelling at whatever it was to leave my son alone. I told it that I knew it was there and I was not going to let them hurt my son. This seemed so real and I am still uncertain whether it was a dream or not.

My fiancé and I have a blended family. He has four other children and I recall that there have been numerous times that his children have sat up in bed screaming and crying and then lay back down and go to sleep. Sometimes we would have to wake the child up and then they would stop. The next morning you can ask whichever one had the bad dream and they have no recollection of even screaming or crying. I recently found out that his youngest daughter, who is a year and a half, has started doing this as well.

What I am wanting to know is if there is something haunting his children? Is there something wanting our son? I just find it so odd that all of his children have some sort of night terrors. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and she does not do this.

I am convinced that there is a spiritual presence in our house that is non-threatening, but I feel like there could be something else. I could just be over thinking this, but any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chanelle5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SunkenStone (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
I suggest having someone pray over your family and your home.
ossurr (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
I don't think it would be your grandfather tormenting the kids, but like spiritwaiting mentioned he might be trying to protect them from something bigger
simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I don't really know but if it's any comfort I'm told I was kind of like that when I was young.

I don't remember doing it though. My parents told me when they went to one old house, looking at buying it, I was stood smiling in the corridor, pointing at an empty spot in a room asking "Who is that?" several times. Apparently there was no one there.

I've had experience of blac and white figures since, but have no fear of the dark. The first time I saw the black figures around 12 years old I was scared but quickly got over it and I guess I kind of figured out they aren't evil. They just tingle like static which creeps people out and makes them think they are evil. They don't know how to react to us so take their lead from our reactions. When we confront them with fear or loathing they kind of go through the fear / loathing inducing performance in the hope of bridging the gap so to speak. If you put aside your pre-programmed responses from society and offer warmth and friendship, they seem to respond the same way.

I just wish the white one had waited about or made me jump less. That one left while I was still feeling panicky. Feel slightly ashamed of that.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
chanelle5, Thank you for giving us feedback. It could be, the children were really just adjusting to the new relationship, and new part-time home. Children tend to deal with those types of situations like that. I did as a child as well, when my mother married my step-father and we moved into his home. They won't last to long, if that's the case. I hope that's all it is for the sake of the children. Best Wishes Spiritwaiting. 😊
TRUCK (25 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
You might want to start with asking the mother if the kids have bad dreams at there other house. This wiil quickly determin paranormal/nonparanormal. As for the dream it could be your own fears and uneasyness playing with your mind. Hope this helps.
chanelle5 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
I have also considered the fact that it could be a hereditary sleeping disorder for the night terrors. I recently found out that my fiance had them when he was a child. I agree with a house cleansing. I'm still concerned about the "dream" that I had. Spiritwaiting, I didn't notice an increase or decrease in their night terrors. We don't have his other children full time so it's hard to keep track. However, I noticed their night terrors in the beginning of our relationship before I ever felt any sort of presence. I appreciate everyone's feedback so far. Thank you! Glad to know I'm not crazy.:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
I agree with BJJ and spiritwaiting. Check with a pediatrician and get a house cleansing.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
If the night terrors seem to only be affecting his children, I wouldn't rule out a hereditary sleep disorder. Wouldn't hurt to talk to your pediatrician about this, night terrors aren't unusual for children.
If it would make you feel more secure, a cleansing of the house is a good idea.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
chanelle5, It could very well be your late grandfather protecting your children from an evil presence. It could there is another presense, trying to spook you. Thats what the bad ones feed off of, your fear. When you acknowledged this presence, did the activity in the children increase in any way? Like nightmares and screaming become more frequent? If so, it probably wanted this so it could increase your fear and become stronger. I recommend a cleansing of the house, and family. I hope you all stay safe, and good luck.

Sincerely spiritwaiting 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: