You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Rainbow Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Rainbow Ghost

 

I have no explanation for this experience. I need some input to perhaps make sense?

I have three beautiful grandsons. The oldest is 4 soon to be five, the next is 3 and the youngest is only 2 months. This experience happened 2 months ago and my husband and I still haven't come up with the answer to what this could have been.

It was the day my youngest grandson came into the world. My husband and I were keeping the two oldest grandsons while Daddy stayed with Mommy at the hospital and they bonded with their newborn. We were at the home of their other grandparents because they had spent the night there and we were getting them ready to go meet their newest brother. Of course, as often young children are when something this big and this new comes into their lives, they were being a handful.

Let's just say, "listening ears" were not functioning very well. My husband and I were trying to wrestle the three year old into his shoes and the four year old was coming from the potty. Suddenly, we heard little feet rushing towards us. My four year old grandson's eyes were wide and terrified.

"Grandpa, Grandma, what is that?" He asked pointing back to the kitchen.

I am very aware that my eldest grandson has a wonderful imagination. He likes to make up stories and pretend to be the various characters when he plays with his toys.

I want you to understand that this was NOT the same thing.

He was terrified.

"What is what, baby?" I asked walking into the dining room to look in the kitchen.

"Look!" He pointed to the middle of the kitchen. I saw nothing out of place. My husband finally came in there and looked around. Nothing that we can see is there.

"What do you see, son?" My husband asked him.

"Its a ghost!" My grandson said with wide eyes. My husband looked at me and I looked at him with almost matching frowns. We both know what our grandsons watch on television. They don't watch movies or television shows with anything scary or ghost-like. Their mother is already homeschooling them and she watches everything they watch making sure that it has educational purposes and good morals. How would my grandson even know what a ghost is or looks like? Yes, their parents are very protective and sheltering. I encourage that because of my own experiences, but that is another tale.

"A ghost?" My husband asked. My grandson nodded, his eyes were huge and he leaned into my husband's leg until Grandpa bent to pick him up.

"You don't see that, Grandpa?" He asked with wide eyes and would make small glances at the kitchen.

"What does it look like, baby?" I asked, a little afraid to know.

"It is all colors! Like a rainbow! It is a rainbow ghost! Its scary!" His three year old brother was standing a little behind my husband's leg nodding with big eyes. Whether the three year old really saw anything or was just agreeing with his brother, I don't have a clue.

We didn't try to tell him he wasn't seeing anything because who knew what he saw but him? My husband simply told him that his eyes were younger than Grandpa's and Grandma's and sometimes younger eyes could see things that older eyes couldn't. I loved that explanation. Yeah, my husband is very cool.

I went into the kitchen and honestly, I felt nothing negative. I suppose I was expecting the chills or the awareness of something that could be scaring my grandson. Nothing.

My husband told him that maybe it wasn't a ghost, but an angel. Not that my grandson would know what an angel is, either. (Sunday School hasn't covered celestial beings, yet.) I do think that it calmed him, because he was ready to go and play.

The strange thing is this. The rambunctious little toddlers that were not listening to Grandpa or Grandma changed instantly after seeing this "Rainbow Ghost" or whatever. They went from acting like they had ate sugar for three hours to obedient angels. Oh, and they didn't let us out of their sight. If we walked out of the room they were in, they followed us like shadows leaving toys behind. If they needed to go to the restroom or something, one of us had to go. This lasted until we left their other grandparents' home.

I have never seen or heard about a "Rainbow Ghost". I am curious if anyone has any suggestions that could make a little sense to us. Our grandson hasn't said anything about the ghost anymore, but I know that his other grandmother laughed it off and told him that there was no ghost in her house and he was being silly (eye roll).

Doesn't mean that he doesn't see things sometimes. I watch him look over at corners for a moment and then back down to his toys. I don't think he is sensitive or anything. I just wonder if younger eyes do sometimes see things that others don't. I know I did.

Anyone have any information on a "Rainbow Ghost"?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InspireMe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmmieLouWho (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
I know this thread is old but, THANK YOU!

I used to see this as a child all the time, I'm not sure why it terrified me so much. It always just stood and watched, sometimes if I looked directly at it, it would walk towards me though and I would absolutely panic!

The weird thing is I've never lived somewhere that wasn't haunted but, NOTHING terrified me half as much as seeing that. I never knew if the ghosts I saw, or voices I heard were real or not, but that thing I knew right away want suppose to be there. Maybe that's why it was so frightening. It's haunted me all these years, and never strayed far from my mind, even after all these years. It's comforting to know that I want the only child to see this kind of thing. Even though it sounds completely mental, somehow I feel less crazy now! 😊
freakichu (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-16)
Me and my brother used to see a shadow person who often just stood in our hallway not really doing anything. We never found it scary for some reason though. I was the only one who saw the rainbow person though. The rainbow person didn't do anything either though. They both just liked to stand in the hallway.
Shadowyne33 (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
When I was a little kid I awoke one night with the feeling of being watched. I squinted my eyes, and I could make out in my bedroom doorway, the silhouette of a person. It's body was entirely made up of swirling pixilated rainbow colors. At first I was completely fascinated by it. It was like it was peeking around the corner looking at me, with most of its body exposed. While at first I was mesmerized, I soon started to think that this wasn't normal and that this was a ghost and became afraid. I started yelling out and screaming for my mom. My grandmother came into the room asking what happened, and of course the ghost disappeared. I explained to her what I had seen and she believed me and let me sleep with her that night.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
Yeah, well handled by your man:)...a child is so much more responsive to understanding than ridicule. I'm a big fan of the magickal monster spray (essential oil and water in a spray bottle)... You can even bless it together. A kids more empowered by you giving them tools and reasonable belief than being told they're silly. Cool story.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
InspireMe, It could have been a spirit helping you all out with the children. Your grandson seeing it, could have been just what they needed, something to distract them from being so energized. I have four children, so I have a pretty good idea how boys can be, in those types of situations. If only I could have been in your shoes, I would have thanked the spirit for its help. Awesome story, I like this. 😊 ❤
estr5805 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
I haven't heard about a rainbow one, I do know that younger people and people closer to death are more vulnerable to seeing spirits since their worlds are so close to each other. I also know that if their was a bad spirit YOU would have felt it, try tuning in to your spiritual self if you are worried but don't psych yourself out or else you'll just be paranoid. I don't know if I make sense, don't go looking for spirits but just help you radar tune in better no more no less:) I'm sure it was a good spirit.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
InspireMe: I have no idea but it sure is a great story... I wish I could borrow this "rainbow ghost" to make my kids to listen! 😉
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
Wow, where did you find a husband like that? That is the cream of cool answers to children about life. Not sure, but my son has seen collerfull energies before, so it's not unheard of. I'm thinking there's a place in Revalations that describes some angels as being "clothed in a rainbow", sooooo, you might have something there. Being afraid of it doesn't mean it's bad, everybody's afraid of first time expieriences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: