You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Contacted By A Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Contacted By A Spirit?

 

Until about a few months ago I never really believed that ghosts or any other type of paranormal existed. I have had strange things happen such as hearing footsteps, hearing as if someone is knocking on a wall, and even hearing objects fall for no reason in the middle of the night. But when small things like that happen I usually do not think too much about it. But what happened to me a month ago I believe was paranormal because there could have been no other explanation to it.

About two months ago, I was sleeping when I was awakened by a very high pitched noise. It is strange for me to wake up in the middle night because I am a heavy sleeper. There are many times when there are loud thunderstorms in the night and my family wakes up from them while I stay fondly asleep. After five minutes of laying in bed, I was still hearing this noise. I then decided to get out of bed when I was able to hear that it was my sister's toy dog barking. I know for a fact that there is no one in my family who would go out of there way in the middle of the night go turn on a dog toy and go back to sleep. My sister doesn't even use the toy anymore. I am also the last one in my family to fall asleep and I heard no toy dog barking.

Since I was afraid that this was some sort of paranormal activity (by this time I did believe that ghosts exist), I decided that I would go downstairs and sleep on the couch. Even downstairs I heard the noise loud and clear to the point where I would not be able to fall back asleep. It was at this point when I realized that I would have man up and turn this noise off. The toy was in the guest room of the house which is upstairs at the very end of the hallway. No one sleeps near this room and even in the day hardly anyone goes up in the guest room.

Being afraid, I turned every light possible until I reached the guest room. Strangely enough, when I went into the room I did not feel or see anyone else's presence. I took the toy dog and turned it off. But after I turned the toy off I became extremely anxious. It was then when I realized that in order to reach the switch you have to flip the dog upside down and then you have to put your finger into a little rectangular hole and move it from on to off. The switch was on, but what could have turned it on? The dog was also standing upright on a table not upside down or anything. This was so creepy to me because there is no way it could have turned on by itself. Needless to say I went back to my room tried my best not to think about it, and somehow went back to sleep.

For all I know maybe a spirit was trying to reach out to me but I took too long to come into the guest room to visit whoever turned it on since I was so scared to. Maybe there was a ghost in the room when I turned the toy off, but I did not see him/her. The fact that I was the only one that woke up from this loud, high pitched noise is why I believe some sort of spirit was trying to communicate me for some reason. The toy dog still sits the same spot when it was turned on, and since has never turned back on by itself.

I do not believe this spirit ever came back into contact with me as I have not experienced anything paranormal ever since this night. But I will say that every time I rarely go back into the guest room I feel that there is something watching me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, robbied42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robbied42 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
That makes sense, I honestly didn't know that batteries do that right before they die. Thanks for helping me realize what it was, I don't think I am going to be scared of that room anymore!
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
I agree with BasSilLeosS, this is just a faulty toy. Perhaps it had stopped working previously and the person who last used it, assuming the battery was dead, hadnt bothered to switch it off? And it just happened to start working again that night.
BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-28)
when the battery is at its end it will (sometimes) automatically spread some electricity circulation, without even the need to turn it on, and sometimes it will get turned on by its own, especially with the (left-right/up-down) kind of switches that you have to move it to work, it get soft after few uses, thus will make the wire inside of the switch not to move to the right position when the switch is moved, therefore, will make things easier for the battery to turn the circulation on. I don't know what kind of "mother board" the toy dog has built inside, but those toys has a very simple electricity circulation inside that the only thing that happens behind the "switching on or off" is a simple wire got moved out of the circulation when you turn it off, and vice versa when turning it on.

The feeling of something watching you in the guest room is just that you emotionally attached yourself with this experience, hence, you will start feeling this over and over again as long as you keep thinking about it.

Trust me, nobody is watching you in the guest room, and if there was a ghost or a spirit, it would have done whatever it wanted to do whenever it wanted to.
Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: