You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Toy Train

Real Ghost Stories

The Toy Train

 

I guess it started when I was little. My mom and I have always been a little more... Open... To the things unexplainable. I was about 5 years old, making my brothers 4 and 3. My brother who was 3 is autistic, and his 'tick' was trains. My mother would hear his toy train go off (it made choo choo noises and played music and flashed lights when you pushed buttons on the side) every night for months, and she thought it was just us playing at night. She would come to check in on us and we would be sleeping (at the time me and my siblings shared a room). Finally, my mom took the batteries out of the toy train.

The next night, without it having batteries, my mom once again heard the train going off. Me and my brothers were downstairs, and my mom went upstairs to check on the noise she heard. She turned the train off and returned downstairs. A few minuets later I swear I heard giggling and I know I was young but, I clearly remember the figures of a little girl and boy walking down the stairs. It was just shadows on the walls. Like their outlines. When I looked from the wall to the stairs nothing was there. When I got older, my mom told me that night after we saw the shadows of the kids that she told the kid 'ghosts', "If you're good, you can stay if you're bad you have to leave." My mom said she never had experiences with them again. The toy train never went off on its own again

I don't know what happened. I can't explain it. To this day my mom still swears she saw the two kids. I don't know if they were 'bad'. My mom said we were never harmed. The train thing going off went on for months until the night it went off without having any batteries. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I have no idea.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelseamari19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Dear chelseamari19, welcome to YGS. I want to ask if you still live in the same house? If you are, why don't you try to find out the history of the house. It might be perhaps that the kids have passed on in that house and they were playing with the toy. I feel that they didn't mean any harm. I also would like to tell you that bad spirits just don't go away just because we ask them to leave. It is not that way. But you said that the train going off went on for months. So did it mean that the events continued even after your mother saw the two kids?

As notjustme stated the spirits of the kids should be led to light because generally they get stuck here. If you live in the same house, please tell if you have any other such experiences involving kids.

If you have moved out, then please try to find out, if you can, from the present occupants if they have any experiences and post it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-11)
Cool story! I like toy trains too.
I think the shadow kids were only looking to be aknowledge and didn't mean any harm.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
Chelseamari1 - Awww I found that to be a very beautiful story. I always feel very bad for children spirits because many of the are trapped and are earth-bound. They are stuck on earth and has not crossed the light. Do you still live in that house?
Yasith2001 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
That spooky! 😭

That some interesting kids.
😭 😠

So that did you do to not see them again?
Good luck!
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
That sends shivers down my spine! I think the scariest part would be the anticipation of more paranormal activity. Yikes!
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
Nice story you shared, I think they were bad as you said you never experienced anything else after your mother gave them a warning and they left, good for you. Got any more?
Thanks and Regards
Aminah. (-:
mishalasif (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
well its a scary story. Gave me goosebumps. 😨 do you still have ghost experiences?
Gringersnap (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Wow, that's Spooky! Great story. I freaked out when I read that it went off without batteries 😨

❤ Gringersnap

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: