You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dorm Room Problems

Real Ghost Stories

Dorm Room Problems

 

I was sitting in my dorm room with my roommate. We both had our headphones on, completely ignoring each other. My suite mate already left the dorm entirely. I was sitting at my desk working on homework and listening to music.

Well, around 8 pm on January 13, 2014 I stared seeing a dark figure in my doorway leading to my common area, which is on my right side. I share with my two other roommates/suite mates, both are gone at this time. I saw this figure about two to four times over the course of about thirty minutes.

About ten minutes after I saw it the last time in the doorway I saw a black mass standing to my left. It blocked the view of my window and of my roommate. I knew it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me so I threw off my headphones and asked my roommate if he feels anyone else in the room. It was a dumb question because I have come to believe that he is a pathological liar or at least enjoys telling stories that sounds really cool, but are extremely fake.

I sent a text to my friend that is in the other dorm hall. She thinks it could be the same spirit that was in her room. However, if it is the same spirit then our rooms are not the first ones he has been in. In her room he threw off all the things on her desk and knocked over the wall clock she had.

It has been in two of my friends' rooms, both girls. In one's room, the spirit opened both of her windows and her door forcefully. In the other's room, while her roommate was asleep on top of her blankets, the spirit 'tucked her in', as in pulled the blankets over her sleeping body. She thanked them the next day, but only to find none of them touched her.

What's going on? Is this spirit something to worry about? Are we all dealing with a different being? How can we stop this if it is a bad spirit without it becoming mad at us?

P.S. If I referred to the spirit as a 'he', I'm sorry. My friend took to calling him/it Angelus. So when we talk about it, it is a he.

Other hauntings by hsupe94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hsupe94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
You know, it sounds to me like it might me one in the same entity or even two that share the 'territory'.
The one could be gentle and only looking after the residents and maybe even trying to keep the other in check in some areas of the house.
The other could be rebelious, and a prankster. Not really wanting to harm but defnitally want April Fools all year round.

That senario seems to me the most likely. Although it could be a spirit or entity that has a soft side as well as a prankster side. Using the building as his 'playground', but also having a soft spot for sensitive people.

I can usualy get a feel for things like this even though I rarely see or hear them. But this is what your senario sounds like to me. I don't think the entity or entities will hurt you or your friends. But if things start escilating, you should seek out help before things get out of hand. And they can get out of hand very quickly.

Hope all goes well.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
It honestly doesn't sound like the same entity. Why would it tuck one of your friends in and then scare the bejesus out of the other one? I think it's different entities.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-07)
I used to have vision spots due to high blood pressure. But, they presented in clear wavy patterns and light blotches, never black. I have a pinched nerve in my neck that once did produce a black spot when I turned my head, but I felt nausea at the same time and the black blotch was fleeting. I have had windows blow open, doors open when a another door was opened. So, pressure could be the issue. But, sounds like there are just too many incidents to conclude natural causes, at least in my opinion. Start recording (digital voice) at night and see if you pick anything up. Have everyone you talk to (sounds like you share stories) record their incidents in diaries, time, place, type of incident. Would be fun to share them all together at the end of the month. Thanks for sharing!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
You know, it sounds like this entity is prety average. It isn't always dangerous to talk to these guys. You can do a cleansing. I do Rooks cleansing method when I clean houses, and people really notice a difference. It's on his profile; it's a good idea to get quiet for a minute or two and center a bit in a tradition you understand, then burn some sage or sandalwood, open all the windows and doors, and go through your place simbolicly sweeping everythin out. I really sweep but you don't have to. You can sing a hymm, recite a psalm, say a cleansing mantra, whatever means cleansing to your heart and soul. And say "with respect, all entities here need to go to The Light and never return here again." I think Rook words it different but it's been working for me. You need to say this out loud. He says you should do it for a week, I think, but I've just made a habit of doing it every time I clean. Good story. Hope all is well.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
[at] Curious Guy

If the integrity of the room is good (which essentially means there are no air/gas leakage from the room at all, if the air in the room is gradually heated up, it expands. Expansion inside a closed room exerts pressure on doors, windows etc.

Motion of objects, persons, in small confines or rooms will cause air drafts which will interact with other objects and may subsequently initiate events, which some might term as paranormal.

As many have pointed out in many posts in YGS, try to eliminate all natural causes of the event, and if you find that there is indeed a abnormal/paranormal cause of the event, then, there is it.

[at] pheow,
I have had paranormal experiences, which I though being a skeptical person, have had no explanation for them.

Being a rational human, I apply all reasoning with all possible causes for an event and what remains is the cause.

So, stop being a troll, go date a ghoul and then come back. Period? Of course!

What Basilik has pointed out about many people having had the same experiences could have many origins.
One could be purely of a paranormal origin.
Another explanation could be of a mass hysteria kind of explanation. Human brain is something which we have not figured out even 10%.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
I also agree with Azrael that air flow / pressure change could have contributed. Cold is just the absence of heat. Heated moves from a heat-filled area to a heat-empty (cold) area. And the exchange of air is why we feel what we call a "draft". This is why on perfectly still, very hot or cold days, windows and doors may slam open or shut (depending on the air flow).

Also, with differences of lighting and a few minutes to a few hours of studying at the computer, it's inevitable that someone experience black spots in their vision, especially if you were writing notes or reading something besides you. The light of your monitor may have left an impression, meaning you'd see residual shadows in the corner of your vision.

Though I have no explanation for things being off someone's desk and her clock being knocked over. Who shared the first story, and how did the stories trickle down through your social circle? It's quite possible there is is a genuine haunting happening here, and the others are looking to support it with further evidence (as any good friend would).
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
[at] CuriousGuy yeah difference in temperature cause air to expand and become less dense. For ventilation purpose, often the air can escape through ceiling, dropping air pressure. Doors and windows can open inward by themselves.
The door, the blanket and some sighting can be explained as AzraelX did. The only thing I seriously take to account is repeated sighting by multiple persons, assume they all tell the truth.
Poltergeist activity, unless you see it with your own eyes or record it, isn't a reliable proof. Could be someone's doing and not admitting it.
I myself am a weirdo that sometimes like to walk on all four, sitting at strange places watching people, twisting my body like crazy when I'm bored (heck, I'm good at it), imitating animal sounds, and occasionally walking around the house after midnight for a few hours (I'm an incredible night owl). My housemates though I was possessed for about a year until they finally confront me about it.
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Dear Azraelx, I have Never ever heard of heater/ac opening windows, Period! People that have never seen a spirit can come up with some of the most brainless stuff ever heard of.
Now, hsupe94, yes there really are spirits. Your suite & your mate's suites may have one. Could have been someone that once lived there. Maybe died while they lived there or died after they moved from there. Or even died somewhere else and Never lived there, just like it there.
Don't try to talk to them. Don't Ever try an exorcism! Sdas27 is on the right track. It would not be a bad idea to have a Bible or Cross in your pocket or on a necklace. But it won't do any good if you Really need it for a defence if you are attacked. Only a born again Christian can call on the name of Jesus and have Him threw you ward off a bad/evil spirit or demon.
If you are a Christian you can say "If you are a bad spirit or demon you must leave, in the name of Jesus Christ. If you are a good & or helpful spirit you many remain." And you don't have to yell it.
I hope this helps you. If I can be of any more help my email is phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net Put in the subject line Dorm Room Problems. It will go to my spam but I check it Before I delete. Lol I messed up once & I have corrected. Let me know.
Luv ds
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
[at] AzraelX I just had a quick question. You have any resources about the heating causing windows to open? I'm just curious cause I have never heard or seen heating being the cause of opening windows in a housing area or in a dormitory setting.

Im not saying I don't believe it I'm just wondering if you have anything to back it up

Peace
CuriousGuy
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Human brain is not what you think it is. The brain combined with the eyes, makes you think you see many things that are not there.
For example, if you are viewing the TV or Laptop/Computer and you move your eyeballs to the periphery of your vision, you might think you have seen some motion etc.

When you suddenly shift the focus of your vision from one object to another, you brain takes time to re calibrate the view and you think you have seen things which are not there.
Do you know that the human brain doesn't process all the data that the eyeballs send to it?

Just because somebody feels that someone else tucked her in, doesn't mean that an entity exists. Involuntary human motion during sleep can do wonders. Try fixing a camera in your room and watch yourself move from one edge to the other in all possible positions. No kidding.

Windows opening by itself need not be of supernatural origin. When the integrity of a room is good, it doesn't allow for air or any gas to leak or leave a room. If your room has heating, the air in your room will naturally heat up. Heated air expands. It exerts pressure on surfaces. And could open a few windows too.

There are physical forces which you don't notice at all, which over a period of time exerts force on objects.
A door in my house swings open sometimes. Why? It is at the end of a corridor that opens into a main living room. If there are more people moving around, the air circulation / air currents force the door to open. Simple.

Apply your analytical mind to all events. If there are events that cannot be explained by natural sciences, then there could be possibility that the events could of paranormal origin.
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Do you get bad feelings/vibes from this entity? The fact you're saying it "tucked her in" doesn't sound too threatening to me, but then again you never know.

Maybe you could try find out the history of the building/dorm room that you're in 😕
sdas27 (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Dear,
please don't try to talk or intercept those wierd happenings. Just you have to make your inner self strong enough to ignore that. Plz don't fall in the trap if it tried to gain sympathy or tried to lull you discuss with your both friends and tell them this. Have a pocket size bible in your pocket or bag so that it may touch your body and whenever such eerie things start grab the holy bible in your hands and have faith in god. One stern warning PLZ DONT EVEN TRY OF PERFORMING EXORCISM YOURSELF PLZ DONT DO THAT UNTILL YOU FIND AN EXPERT. You can mail me if you still have the problems continued. My id is sdshubhamdas [at] gmail.com. God bless you and all of us.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
It seem that this spirit is not malevolent, but not the type that leave people alone. You shouldn't be hostile to it. Also don't communicate with it too much as it might get interested in you, my best bet is to ignore and endure the small disturbances it causes until you find a real expert.
Don't try to exorcise or challenge it in an amateurish manner because if a spirit can move objects then it must be pretty strong, provoke it can be disastrous.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Hey,

Does the spirit give you any sort of threatened feeling or any sort of feeling as far as if your comfortable around it or not?

If it has a threatening feeling there are a few different options you can take... Lemme gather my notes on how to get rid of spirits and ill letcha know

Peace
CuriousGuy
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Hi hsupe94,
Is there any reason your friend has called it Angelus?
This could lead to multiple things.

One thing, I surf through these stories regularly, and help when I can. I read your one and skipped on, but when I changed my tab to change my music, and it was back on your story, so i'm going to give this story particular interest.
If you want email me at jsudworth123 [at] gmail.com

- Jake

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: