You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Are Your Thoughts?

Real Ghost Stories

What Are Your Thoughts?

 

When I was younger, I want to say around 8 or 9 years old, my mom, dad and I lived in this cute little one story house on the southside of Savannah. Now as we all know, Savannah is one of the most haunted cities there is but I, to this day, cannot explain what happened on this particular night.

Usually I always had a weird feeling about the house, but I guess I just learned to ignore it, except for one night. My dad had just layed me down to go to sleep, only problem was, I wasn't tired. I kept hearing things in my room and I just tried to act as if I didn't hear anything. I turned my back towards the door and my face was right there at my window. (My bed was against the wall, my window was on) and I saw a shadow figure that was unfamiliar pass by. I got spooked, so I got up and went to the bathroom, then a few minutes later came back and layed back down.

Now, here's the part that I just don't understand, and 16 years later it is still unanswered and leaves me asking the same question. Once I was back in my bed, I was laying on my back, looking at the ceiling when all of a sudden I felt two fists in my back as if someone was under my bed and pushing my mattress from underneath. I layed there frozen, thinking maybe my dad crawled under there while I was in the bathroom, to play a prank on me but just as I was about to "catch" him in the act, I heard him cough from the living room. That is when I then pulled the blanket over my head and curled up. I felt it do it once more, but it never did it again.

Does anyone have an idea of what happened? I told my dad about it a couple years ago, but he didn't really seem to believe me. Can anyone answer this question I've been trying to find the answer to for years now?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mossy_Oak_Queen90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
That would a scared the chitola outta me at any age! Thanks for sharing good story.
Mossy_Oak_Queen90 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Thank you everyone for your feedback! I have to admit I have thought about the same things but just wasn't sure, I pretty much thought I was just crazy lol. And lovelight78, yes it was very frightening at that time, of course being that young everythings a little scarier, but I am thankful it only happened that one night. I have a few more experiences that I will be sharing, because my aunt who is a medium, swears I have a gift, sometimes I think shes wrong but there's other occurences that tend to prove otherwise. I look forward to reading more responses! I hope everyone has a day 😁
lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
I agree with The_Dark_Knight. It was probably a mischievous spirit passing through but THANK GOODNESS it was an isolated incident because it was very frightening I'm sure!
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Mossy- Thanks for posting your story. I think it could have been a ghost passing by and it sensed your fear when you saw its shadow. It was probably just playing around with you by pushing your mattress and feed off your fear. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have stuck around after that.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
This is one of those things that has happened to me a time or two, but I can't figure out how. I currently have no pets, and had no pets when this occurred. For me it was as though someone was punching the mattress very fast and hard from under the bed, almost a vibration. Now our bed is so low, you couldn't fit under it. It was not my husband, as he was downstairs.

So what was it?

By the way, you described the room very well. Sometimes on YGS, I have a hard time figuring out room arrangements, etc. Yours was a piece of cake.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
I had an experience somewhat like this. Sometime in late 2009, my boyfriend and I had a day when we were both off from work. This was very rare, so we decided just to hang out in bed, and watch TV. Suddenly we felt movement at the foot of the bed. It wasn't surprising, as we had 4 cats at the time. So we got up to look, and saw this huge moving lump inside of the mattress. Now my cat Junior (RIP) was notorious for climbing inside of things, so I assumed it was him. My boyfriend began gently prodding this lump to get him to go under the bed, so I could coax him out. I was bent down looking under the bed, and saw our cat Andie underneath. So figuring it was her, I was ready to go back to watching TV. Only the lump was still there. So, I once again assumed that it was Junior. As our two other cats T and Syd were on the dresser watching us, and probably thinking that this was all some sort of a grand game! Now Junior (RIP) was an 18 pound cat whose stomach ruled him. So I got an idea to open up a can of cat food. Surely, that would get him out. He couldn't resist a pop-top. I opened a can, placed it under the bed, but still he wouldn't come out. So I figured that maybe some lunch meat might do the trick. I head towards the kitchen to get it, when I see a tail poking out of one of the living room curtains. I go investigate, and its JUNIOR! I go back to the bedroom, and my boyfriend is still prodding this moving lump. I then tell him that it isn't Junior in there, and suddenly the lump disappears! To this day, I wonder what the lump was!:)
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
I have read a few stories that are similar. Someone or something pushing the matress from below. My guess is that someone (probably a ghost) just wanted to scare you. Most people would think it scary. I dont' remember any stories where there were any more meaning to it. It is no wonder you are puzzled. When we experience something scary, our brains are trying to understand what happened in order to prevent it from happening again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: