You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Thought It Was My Dogs!

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought It Was My Dogs!

 

Most of the time, our senses play tricks on us. Most often than not, we are compelled to believe what we saw, what we hear and what we feel, because why not believe on something you've experienced yourself? We tend to bend the rules of nature just to fit in our own beliefs and principles. We have different stand point on how we perceive paranormal activities/phenomena, but one thing is certain, it couldn't be denied by science the things we experienced or still experiencing.

Now, let me share with you my experience on how things went down on my backyard one night some time ago.

As you all know, I'm a graduate of Engineering then and most of my judgment are pure logical and methodical. I already shared with you that I have this quirk of sensing things around me.

A brief recap on what my family backyard looks like, it has huge fruit bearing trees like Mango, Tamarind, Tambis, Jackfruit and some banana trees. At the center of the backyard lies this huge Indian Mango in which provides most of the shade of the backyard.

Underneath this huge Mango tree is a plain surface of sandy soil, perfect for a playground. So, with the help of my friends, we built this mini basketball court of which we can easily play 2vs2. That starts weekend basketball plays we have on that basketball court.

One afternoon, after my daily review (reviewing for Board examination), I shot a couple of basketball on our backyard until I was bored. I sat on one of this rock near the grounds when I suddenly sense a presence around me. It's not hostile in any way, it's more like it wants to be sensed - and I did. There's this sudden skip on my breath like something just push down my shoulders. I immediately stood up and head inside the house, creepy right?

What's creepier is what happened later that night. I went to bed around 10PM after playing video games. I tend to play a lot of NBA2K, I love how the plays develop and I want to familiarize it somehow. Tired of playing, I decided to lay down on my mattress. Everyone is asleep already at that time, so I was the only one awake, except for my cats (10 of them).

As I was about to fall asleep (almost 11 PM, I was texting with my woman - flirting), I heard a ball bounce. Yep, a sound of a ball like someone dropped it. I immediately rose up and peek through the window, then I remember I left the ball there. I thought it was just my dogs playing with the ball (they like to gnaw it), so I shrugged it off when I saw the ball not moving then went to bed, again.

Around 3AM in the morning, I woke up (haven't much sleep), I have this insomnia, I guess. I often wake up in this hour almost every day. I always have this cold breeze on my feet waking me up. I always leave my windows open for ventilation purposes. Eyes closed, everybody still asleep, I'm hearing this faint vibration, then gets louder each bounce. As seconds passed, it's now more like a toddler is playing a ball. You've seen a toddler play a regular basketball where they tried to hug the ball then drop it? That what the sound of what I'm hearing that time. I thought I was imagining it. I peek through my window again to see if the ball is still in sight but it's not on the spot of where I last saw it earlier that night. I immediately tuck in my bed and closed my eyes.

In the morning, I asked my mother and sister if they heard something weird last night, they haven't. I then shared what I heard last night to a close friend (a neighbor), his reaction to what I said really creeps me out. Let me rephrase his statement,

Around 3AM in the morning, he took a pee outside his nipa hut. When suddenly he heard someone dribbling the ball at my backyard. He's puzzled as to why I'm playing such a thing so early in the morning and might disturb my neighbors. He just then decided not to dwell on it and came back to sleep. He then forgets about it until I reminded him of that.

He was a bit shocked when I told him that I was not playing ball and I also heard the same thing. He suggested that it may be irritated when there's too much noise. I closed the backyard only to be played by me and chosen few. Before we play, we always pay respect and create a small bonfire. Also, after months of playing, the basketball board just fell out during one of our games, just rotten away, I guess. What do you think?

If you've reached this point of the story, then I could certainly say I didn't bore you out. Thanks a lot.

Other hauntings by ax10s

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ax10s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-23)
probably an draft or some wind, i'm very skeptical on things with an easy explanation, did I miss-spell that? It's not paranormal
robo (15 posts)
-2
4 years ago (2020-01-31)
the is ghost or demon make by human to stole money like to play ball it called toyol now I m in Malaysia my grandmother 2 sons 2 or 3 age died when she in Tamil nadu India They ghost also play ball may be my grandfather, s old house and yours is same where are you in India
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
Lady-glow,

You asked:

"Are you sure there wasn't a nocturnal animal, perhaps fighting or trying to mate with the ball?"

That was really amusing and it is a valid question at the same time. "Trying to mate with the ball". I couldn't help but picture your suggestion in my mind.

That brightened my evening up a few watts. God bless you.

I will fade back into the woodwork now (dinner time, it is).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
Questions:

"He suggested that it may be irritated when there's too much noise. I closed the backyard only to be played by me and chosen few. Before we play, we always pay respect and create a small bonfire."

What or who is "it"?
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, by the way you say it, it seems to me that you were aware of some sort of spirit or presence living either at your backyard or on one of the trees.

Did you light a bonfire before using the playground that day?

"I always have this cold breeze on my feet waking me up. I always leave my windows open for ventilation purposes."

Do you mean the breeze comes trough the window? Was it windy that night? If so, would it be possible that the wind was moving something that could make a noise similar to a bouncing ball?

Are you sure there wasn't a nocturnal animal, perhaps fighting or trying to mate with the ball?
Some animals see enemies on some inanimate objects.

I find your story quite interesting though, in my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to investigate a little before assuming this was a paranormal event.

One more question, - did your dogs/cats react in any way that night hearing the ball?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
The sounds of dropping balls remind me of the many times that I have watched youtube videos of this very phenomena. I am not totally convinced of what I see on the TV, so naturally I do not have any explanations for what you have witnessed here. I will say, however, that of all the senses, hearing is one of the hardest to fool. Where vision is the easiest to fool.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: