You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle's In-laws Come To Help Him Pass Over

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle's In-laws Come To Help Him Pass Over

 

So I am fairly new to this site. This is my first story. I have a few to share with you but have put off writing them as I feel they weren't as scary or interesting as some.

Anyhow my husband's uncle was a good person to us. He came round regularly. He built fences and outhouses for us. I suppose I am trying to say he was practical. He never talked of ghosts etc. He was a typical down-to-earth working-class Englishman.

Well, he came to our house one day and said the most unlikely thing (for him). He said he had seen some ghosts and... No, he wasn't a drinker.

The night before he woke up in bed to see two people sitting at the end of his bed. He described them to his wife the next day and she said they sounded like her parents.

Two weeks later, completely unexpected, Uncle Ken died from an aneurysm. He was working under his van.

I don't know why his wife's parents would come and not his own. However, I do believe deceased loved ones do show themselves at or near our passing.

Right, okay, so I will go into a second story.

My house is 110 years old, and prior to our buying it, had been in the same family for over 70 years. It has three stories and a cellar/basement.

Two years ago I was watching television on my own late at night. My only companion was Pebble, my kitten. She was on my knees.

I was wide awake watching TV. Not sleepy. Our sofa is very near our window. Now I am watching television with Pebble on my lap. Out of the corner of my eye I see and hear the curtain tug. No, it wasn't just moving in a breeze and the window was closed. This was a distinct tug. I heard it and saw it.

I have more stories (sorry if they are boring lol) They are to do with my house and places I've worked at.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pebbles_Keeper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Pebbles_Keeper

Your very welcome, the old lady actually died in the house but she was kind of like their guardian. And don't worry my aunt was never hurt by her 😊

-ERizzy
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
ERizzy
Thank you for reading and your kind words.
I hope nothing bad happened to either of your aunts after that visitation.
I wonder who the old lady was? It makes you think, just who watches over us.
Best wishes x
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Hi Pebbles_Keeper,

Your uncles experience kind of reminded me of my aunts experience, one night she woke up out of no where and saw an old lady near her sister (my other auntie) sitting in the bed looking at her. The old lady caught her staring, and just smiled. She said she was nice and harmless since shes very sensitive to the paranormal. But yeah I liked your story, and by the way I'm sorry for your loss.
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Omg can't believe that.
Writing on the smallest cell phone ever. Plus having gremlins on it.
No Pebble did not react then but has done since and quite badly, in my bedroom. That will be another story. Written on lap top next time.!
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Hi notjustme.;)
Well down to the first part of my story.
I have discussed this with my son who is 21.
Alex my son also heard the story from his Great-Uncle just before his death.
Well we know he had troubles with his own family. They were not close. His mum, dad... Never talked of. His Brother, my husband's dad was not talking to him either at the time of his death in 2002.
So no family closeness. So hence maybe that is why his in-laws came for him.

...

As for Pebble She is my Sentinel. She looks over me when ill or depressed.
I do have other cats. . But not like her. She was only eight weeks old when the cut
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
not boring at all! I enjoyed your stories. Sorry about your uncle. Maybe he had a really good relationship? Or maybe they passed away more recent than his own? Just putting out some ideas 😳 by the way, how did Pebbles react to the curtain?
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
lovelight78 and lady-glow.
Thank you for reading my story and your kind commments.
Yes, I hope to share more stories.
One or two have been more scary to me personally at the time. They usually have been at places I worked (the dreaded night shifts... Always hated them). Other experiences not so scary but still weird.
Anyway again thank you for reading xx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Pebbles_Keeper: I agree with you, your story might not be scary but it is very interesting and comforting. I like the idea of our deceased loved ones waiting for us at the moment of our passing.

I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
I have had some simple experiences also. But they are very scary especially if you are home alone. I am glad you had pebbles there with you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: