You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Woman

 

I am Suresh from India. I wanted to share this story from a long time so that I receive few suggestions about what this could be.

To exactly begin this it started when I was of age 13. We bought our own house, it's a compact apartment.

I live with my mom, dad and a younger brother. I started hearing a peculiar sound of somebody walking around the house, a woman to be specific. I am assuming it to be a woman cause in India there is a tradition of wearing a kind of armlet around the ankle and I hear the sound of that ornament along with the footsteps.

So this started when I was 13 and I informed about this to my mother. She was not interested in my complaint because I was a 13 year old kid and I might be afraid of some random noise inside the house. I started to hear this everyday of my life. It had become something normal to me and I wouldn't mind the footsteps.

Later when I had joined college when I was about 18 years old we had to sell the house due to financial problems and then we moved around in rental houses I never this footsteps again. But when I finished my college, due some huge coincidence, we got to buy the same apartment from the same guy we sold to. We were very happy about this because I had spent most of my childhood here, so we moved in.

The first day at the house I could hear this again. I could clearly hear this woman walking across my living room at about 2am. It's been a long time since I've heard her walking so it freaked me out a little, but then I didn't bother.

I am a huge fan of online rpg games and because I was done with my college and I had a lot of time, I started gaming late night. I play dota, it's an online game requires immense concentration and I literally don't move for a period of 45 to 50 minute time mark. So I was gaming and about 2 am I heard this woman walk. At first I thought it was my mum walking toward the fridge to get some water so I got up to see who it was. I immediately rushed to the living room to check. I couldn't see anyone. I checked my parents bedroom. My parents, along with my brother, were sound asleep.

Next day I enquired my dad if he had heard anyone walking around late night. He is a very light sleeper, so he replied, "Yes, I've been hearing this for many years" and he wasn't bothered much about it. This made me quite curious so I decided to sit in this living room and game all night there. Generally I start at about 1am and play until 6 am.

This time at about 2 am again I had this weird feeling that someone was staring at me. I was starting to get irritated by this. Also, for some reason I was feeling uneasy about the situation, so I decided to quit and go to my room and sleep. So I got up to turn off the lights and as soon as I switched off the lights, I could hear someone jump behind me and could feel the breath on my shoulder. I was terrified by this.

Could some one help me out with this? What could this possibly be?

There is no bad history to our place as such and the neighbours do not face any such problems. She has stayed with us from so long and never disturbed us though...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, madman36, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Dip, I have to point out that having a plot is not necessary essential for a personal account of an experience. Sometimes it can be hard to properly word experiences. Making a solid plot or a suspenseful story line is not the point.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
cheap efforts to have a story - sorry I am not buying the plotline.
madman36 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
thank you valkicry... I hope she means no harm...
But the act of jumping behind me doesn't justify.
Anyways ill keep you'll updated.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
madman36,
A thought crossed my mind, one I have played with on and off, but seems to fit your situation. You said that, after your father told you he had been hearing this sound too, you got curious and decided to game in that living room. Perhaps you wanted to to verify what you heard, prove the existence as it were. Now, I have often wondered if spirits wonder if WE'RE the 'spirits' and if they actually saw/heard or imagined us. You mention feeling stared at, but you do not mention fear just annoyance at that. Perhaps she was just checking out YOU, figuring out if you were a product of her imagination or real.
I would not worry if she causes no harm. Go with your gut.
madman36 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
hello guys... Thank you so much for all the response... Thing is my dad, my mother, even a friend of mine who came for a sleep over recently heard this...
I had never tried to contact a ghost or something... And also we invited a priest over for ceremony everything went well but I still hear this everyday...
And also I have this feeling for her presence at my place from a long time... Like she has always been here...
My gut says she won't hurt me or scare me... Except when she jumped behind me that was really scary.
But also I am not interested in contacting or talking to this spirit 😐
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Hi, Suresh... Very creepy...! I agree and can understand your fear for this. It cannot be attached with you casue you never heard that footstep in your rental house. So It could be residual haunting or it can be a ghost which is sent in this house to create a mental disturbance to your family member by some enemies. I am saying this cause I have heard a case in my relatives.

They trap the ghost and then sent it to that person whom they want to punish. So my suggestion is to contact a priest before the situation became worse.

God Bless you! And start chanting Hanuman Chalisa... This will help you a lot.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Hello madman36! Thanks for your story... Sounds residential to me, maybe because you were trying to contact the spirit, the spirit played along. Lol. But glad you're not hurt. Were you ever scared by this spirit before? It seems that your father is not threatened by her...? My guess is residential. Best of luck!
Rod9009 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Yea that's very scary. From what I understand, ghosts or spirits from dead humans haunt a specific location rather than a person, while something demonic haunts people. Seeing as how you only heard this in that very apartment and no where else, in my mind, suggests that your apartment is defiantly haunted, + your dad said he heard stuff too. If I were you I'd would try to look into he local history if you can to see if something tragic happened in the building and try not to provoke the ghost cause that seems to never go well. Good luck
PinkAngel (14 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
There are a couple of comments here suggesting that it may be schizophrenia and to see a psychiatrist. While I'm sure that the commenters mean well, I don't think it's very helpful OR logical to suggest this, because two people each hearing identical sounds does NOT indicate a mental illness, it practically cancels that possibility out. I'm somehow disappointed because I've been away from this site for a while and have never read similar comments. This is, after all, a site for ghost stories, and suggestions like these could be POTENTIALLY applicable to every experience catalogued. Hello madman36, you seem to have an "intelligent haunting" in your house, which means that the spirit has a consciousness, in comparison to a residual haunting which is similar to a "recording" of a past event played repeatedly. If you noticed her jump when you got up and felt her breath, she's interacting with you, the surest indicator for an intelligent haunting. You may want to invite someone over, maybe even a few people, to stay with you until she makes her appearance at the usual time, and to then take turns telling her politely but firmly that YOU live there now and would like that she please leave and not come back. Suggest to her that she must have relatives and friends who are waiting for her somewhere else and will be happy to be with her. This is the approach that most usually works. Give it a try and tell us what happened, good luck!
mystery1 (5 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
really creepy! Must of been scary for you and especially creeped out that your dad didn't care! 😨 😨 ]
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Great story... And and an effective description...:) its bit different from other experiences and interesting too. Well I guess your house might have some olden history that relates to this harmless spirit of lady. She might be staying at the place when alive, may be she has some unfulfilled wish... Or she simply does not want to leave the place she had owned once... If to think there are several reasons which come across our mind... Still I will suggest you to have some holy water sprinkled in and around your house in order to prevent that spirit enter your house. I m sure this will surely help you get rid of the existence of that spirit.
samdew518 (4 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Just check out about your land it could be that someone's dead body would be under the land
mayank_holmes (5 stories) (32 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
ask your mother about it... If she had ever heard the same then it's no doubt a paranormal case! But if only your father had heard it then... Remember schizophrenia could be INHERITED as well. And if it is diagnosed as a medical case then also no need to worry! Special meditation cures it! It's simple! 😊
mayank_holmes (5 stories) (32 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
creepy one! But I suggest you to see a psychiatrist first and priest later! 😐 it does matter not whether you hear it only at one place or several! Maybe your mind plays some tricks in that particular enclosure only! 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: