You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps Down The Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps Down The Hall

 

In December 2006 around Christmas I spent the night at the house of my girlfriend's (now wife) parents. I stayed in the spare bedroom that was directly across from my girlfriend's. I woke up sometime between 2am and 3am to the sound of slow heavy footsteps down the hall. It sounded like someone of a large stature wearing work boots. The footsteps stopped at the door of the bedroom I was in. Seconds later the footsteps proceeded into the bedroom. I was pretty scared at this point and wasn't certain what to do. I was facing the wall away from the door but was 100% certain the door was completely shut. The entity stopped next to the bed and the next thing I felt was as if it was starting to lean onto the bed. I did inch closer to the wall and I could feel the weight shifting towards me. I grabbed my phone and called my girlfriend across the hall. I told her to come to the room but didn't say what for. I didn't move until she came in and switched the light on. She asked me what was going on but I just made something up. I brushed it off and went back to sleep.

The next morning I told her what happened. She confirmed that she and her older brother have experienced odd things when they had been home alone. One included someone running up the basement stairs to the main floor and going into the bathroom and shutting the door only to find that the door was still open. A few years ago her aunt slept in the same room and had a similar experience (except for it coming into the room). She thought it may have been their sick grandmother but she could not even walk on her own or even produce loud enough footsteps for it to be her.

Her parents have never experienced this and they've lived there for over 15 years. I get freaked out in that house in general and try to stay in the main living areas. It was built in the 1970's and as far as I know only had a few owners, none of which had passed (not to say that someone couldn't have passed away on the land itself). Anyhow, that's my story and really the only vivid supernatural event that I've experienced.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eight6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
hi eight6 Scary one... You said that house doesn't have any bad history and has a few owner. So I want to make a point to you try to find out at which land the house is build? Sometimes the land itself becomes the reason of paranormal event.

Stay safe and god bless you. 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
Very interesting. Perhaps was one of your (then) girlfriend's dead relatives just curious about who his/her - granddaughter, niece, cousin? - was dating. 😐
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
eight6 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
It was definitely and interesting experience. I tend to be a bit more paranoid than usually when I'm alone!
surabhi (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
wow... Seems like we have a similar experience, I have experienced something like this in a sleepover too

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: