You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Creature Of The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Creature Of The Woods

 

My story takes place in the woods next to my house in Springhill, FL.

Now for a mental picture there were two set of woods seperated by a retention pond that was always a barren waste land. Well to start off me and my neighborhood friends were all playing manhunt, it was approx 2200 hours or 10pm in civilian time. We were all running around jumping and diving and hiding from each other. I ran and jumped in the a patch of over grown grass, then something ran and stopped right in front of me.

As I focused on it I saw 2 skinny green striped legs. I could only guess the height of this creature is about 3-4 feet high. I tried to keep up but it started running so I decided to chase it and I ran as fast as I could. Now I was 17 years old at the time and in great shape running the mile and half in just over 11 minutes. So as I started to get up it ran, I chased after it and I could literally see the branches and bushes move as it ran from me. It was only maybe 2-3 feet from me the entire chase. During the chase I couldn't see it but only see the branches and the noise it was making as it was running away from me. But once the woods ending and it met the black top road and houses the creature disappeared.

I asked my friends about this creature and they have all seen this creature but no one has been able to capture it or get a picture of it. My friends and I have still tried to look and capture or get proof of the creature but yet no luck. I have looked up for possible creature it might be and what not but have been unable to get any idea. What could this be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cavscout, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cavscout (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
True they could but picture if you will the stocking of like a leprechaun. They were green with darker green stripes it was very odd. And at that age I simply chased after it until the end of the forest then nothing. Alot of my friends have seen this thing, whether it runs or leaps in the trees but only at night. Now when I told my grandma this she told me it sounded like a leprechaun wanted to keep you away from their gold. Now I am Irish and have heavy irish traits. I have moved but I still drive by the woods and wonder. And P.S. While your in there it feels as if you are being watched.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
cavscout; Ah true, but still you never know. Experts in certain things would be able to identify things with little details. You'd be surprised!

Welcome back:]
cavscout (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
[at] Griff84 honestly I don't know what I would of done if I would of caught it. Probably freaked out, then got no clue. But kind of does make you laugh a bit LOL

[at] nectarvore thanks for the information, great insight on it. I never really dug that deep. But me and the guys from the old neighborhood talk about it as we have all see these creatures running between the two woods, as they are seperated by a dried up retention pond.

[at] ifihadyoux I have tried but all I really got a good look at is the legs, and just drawing legs aint going to do much good LOL.

And sorry everyone for the extremly delayed responses, but I have been extremly busy with work, school, and kids. Thank you though
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
goodbye- be careful about posting personal information onto forums. It is not safe especially because we have no control over people who read this, especially non members. I've deleted your comment for that reason.

Also, the o/p hasn't commented since posting this story so I don't think they're interested in talking about anything.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
These stories capture my attention as well. Mostly because I have never heard from anyone that I know personally has ever run into any of "wood creatures" but I do believe they exist. Thanks for sharing.

And thanks Nectarvore for that great explanation. Makes perfect sense to me.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Hi cavscout, welcome to YGS.

I enjoyed reading about you experience, and also Nectarvore's reply for that matter, very interesting and certainly makes you think. I know nothing of 'woodland creatures' and the like, so am not in a position to give advice, but I do have a question...

What on earth would you do if you caught this creature?

I have a visual image of you chasing it, you catching up with it, you both realising you don't know why you are running / being chased, turning on your heals, and you running off with it chasing you instead. Has made me smile.

Please let us know if you have any luck in your search for it 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Maybe you should try to draw the picture [or digitally create it i.e. Paint/photoshop] and then you'd be able to at the very least get some sort of idea of what you're dealing with.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
My guess it that the creature is linked to the woodland... That's why it disappears when you come to open ground. It sounds to me like some sort of elf or brownie... A spirit of the forest or some denizen of the Faerie Realm. A tree spirit would (to my knowledge) be bound to the tree itself... A sprite would manifest as an animate light... It sounds like an intelligent and coherent life form... It ran from you... The basic difference between ghosts and the fey and elemental beings is that ghosts were once human, they may or may not retain their living consciousness and coherence... Where as the fey were never human. They belong to the Middle Kingdom... A realm with a higher vibration than our own... However, in places like forests, lakes, mountains... Where the energy is still wild and pure, sometimes the veil that separates our realms can be momentarily thinned sufficiently that we can interact with one another... Cool story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: