You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Haired Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Haired Lady

 

Last year my mother was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of someone climbing the steps in our hallway. The steps would make a creaking noise on the fifth step, and everyone knew not to step on it in the night if we were sneaking around. Well she shot out of bed to see what was going on, but no one was on the steps. So she went back to sleep until about a half hour later she had this feeling of someone watching her. She once again shot out of bed to find a lady with dark hair pulled up into a bun on top of her head, a black night dress on, and a very young complexion staring at her face to face. Terrified that someone was in her room she did pull back from the face, but as soon as she looked back to see just who was standing there, my mom is used to my sister, brother and me getting up in the night and going into her room, but it wasn't us that night. Once she realized that it wasn't us, she got out of bed and started searching the houses for anyone who might be in the house. Now it was winter so you could see steps in the snow if someone had in fact broken into our house, so that was the first place she looked, and she didn't find any footprints at all in the snow. She kept this to herself until a week later I confronted her with my own encounter.

I hadn't slept that well the night I was supposed to be going to my dad\'s apartment for the day, so I was still groggy when it happened to me. I was lying in my bed with my blankets pulled up over my face, but I was facing away from the wall so that I could see if someone would move my blankets. My room was cold and I could hear what sounded like my mom getting ready to go to work in the bathroom that's right beside my room. I didn't think anything about it so I pulled another blanket over my face not wanting to get up and go anywhere that day. About two minutes later I heard the bathroom light switch off, so I relaxed a bit and waited for my mom to come wake me up so I could get ready, because I was being lazy. Almost as soon as I had opened my eyes half way to peek around my blankets I felt them being pulled down from my face and back where they had been when I had gone to sleep. Not thinking much about it I made a little squeak as the cold air hit my face. The house was colder then I remember it ever being that day. No sooner had my blankets stopped moving a very very cold hand touched the side of my face and a voice cooed in my ear in a very feminine voice that I realized later was not who I had thought it was. "What a sleepy little girl" was what the voice said, and I remember growling at her as I moved my face away from her cold fingers and buried myself back into my blankets. I think I waited about 10 minutes before I realized that she wasn't going to make me get up, so I climbed out of bed then and got ready for the day.

When the day was over I remember going home with my mom and asking her what she was doing in my room that morning, and her telling me she hadn't been upstairs since she woke up. And it was true since she still wasn't dressed for work when I showed up downstairs dressed at 7, which was way earlier then I needed to be. I then told her that a strange lady was in my room then because someone touched my face and talked to me, and that's when I found out about what happened to her. And we made the connection that the lady's we had seen were pretty much identical once I got over the face that it was my mother, because to be quite honest they look about the same.

I find this all very strange because it's the only time it's ever happen to me, and it's never happen again after. Could my mother and I been dreaming what happen or was it real?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoseMandrack, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-19)
Chan123495: Haha that's totally fine.

Respectfully
Ishan:)
Chan123495 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-19)
I have a cousin in Canada named ishan sorry I thought it was you anyway this story is not scary it's just faked he made it up or he googled. I
ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-19)
Chan123495: I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Considering a possibility, if you or anyone is finding my comment idiotic or something like that, my sincere apologies but I do want to know what part of my comment did they find such way.
And no, I'm not from Canada. I'm from India.
Respectfully
Ishan
Chan123495 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-19)
Ishan are you in Canada
This story is scary especially where the story teller ther idiot tell and we got scared and tehn we died dumb coomment
ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-19)
Hi RoseMandrack.
I agree with sushantkar here. It might just be what he's referring to or in my personal opinion it might be the spirit of some lady who used to live there earlier. Maybe she was just a harmless spirit. Have you tried to find out anything about your house after the incident? Maybe she belonged to some family living there before you people.
Be safe. And its not bad to cleanse your house once nevertheless.
Good luck 😊
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-18)
Hi RoseMandrack! I don't think that you and your mother was dreaming. Did you ever experienced such thing before? I think you had seen a Doppelganger.
It is a look-alike or double of a living person who is sometimes portrayed as a harbinger of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelganger seen by a person's relative or friend portends illness or danger while seeing one's own doppelganger is said to be an omen of death.
I would suggest you to cleanse or bless your house.
Be safe.

With best regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: