You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Three Days That Will Stick With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Three Days That Will Stick With Me

 

A few years back and over the course of 3 days, I saw and heard some things that still confuse me today. One night I was lying in bed and all of a sudden I heard a woman scream right in my bedroom. As loud as it sounded it should have woke my parents and my brother, who was still awake at the time, should have heard it. I waited a few moments to see if anyone else had heard this scream. My parents never woke up and my brother never asked any questions. At this point I'm terrified and have no idea what to think, and eventually force myself to go to sleep.

The next day as I'm walking down the hallway I hear someone call my name. "Annie?" My mom being the only one in the house, I turn the corner and ask her what she wanted. She gives me a confused look and I tell her, "You called my name." She tells me she didn't, so I explain to her what happened. She still has no idea what I'm talking about so I go about my way.

The third day I'm walking from the kitchen to the living room to go outside with the rest of my family. Once I reach the living room I see a full-bodied person walk into my bedroom. I automatically think it's my brother, because in order to get to his room you have to go through my room. So I call out his name and he doesn't answer. I start walking to my room and call his name again, but he still doesn't acknowledge me. Once I get into his room I see that no one is there. A little freaked out at this point I go out front and see my brother sitting with my parents. I ask him, "Were you just inside?" He tells me no. Telling them what just happened, my brother says that he too has seen something in the house. I still have no idea who I saw, nor have I seen it again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annie_Nicole31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tilottama (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
I agree some houses are portals to the other side. I have had the misfortune of losing a job and money because I moved into such a house. It's very intense to take.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Some places are considered windows for the spirit world. Several psychics said that the house that I grew up in was one. It kind of made sense since we had an underground stream running under one corner of the house, my room, we had plenty of quartz rocks in the yard,etc. Once in awhile we would have sighting by
Non-believers,sometimes we saw things. Being a pschic/medium myself it didn't bother me except for a spirit in the basement that didn't like me one bit.
Don't let it bother you because there is nothing you can do about it.
That is if/until any malevolent spirits come through. If that happens then you can use Rookdygins cleansing method on his profile page which I hear is very effective or have your house blessed.
Regards
Red
howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Some theories state that spirits aren't always tied to a place and can move to different locations. Perhaps this entity was just passing through like that theory suggests they do.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
A room which everyone else has to pass through in order to reach the bathroom... An introvert's worst nightmare. 😐 My best friend rented a house with seven room mates and had a room right next to the bathroom. For a college-aged boy, you can imagine how embarrassing that could have wound up. No privacy. *shudder* I feel for you.

Did you or could you ask your brother to describe the entity he saw? And was the scream male or female?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Yep, people needing to go through your room is very annoying. My sister and I shared a room once that EVERYONE had to go through to reach the bathroom. Now that was really annoying...
Certainly does sound like someone trying to get your attention.
Annie_Nicole31 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
To answer your questions, yes I do still live here. No my brother did not hear the scream (sorry for not putting that in the story.) I don't believe it was a grandparent because whatever was going on scared the daylights out of me and I don't think my grandparents would want to scare me. I have also had other experiences in this house, which I will share soon, and I believe them to be my grandmothers because I felt no fear and because I heard my grandmothers voice plain as day.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
That was really an interesting story. I'm glad it seemed to be passing through, and you haven't heared from it since. Thankyou for sharing this.
TuBZ (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
The scream, the calling of your name... Trapped soul perhaps?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Hi Annie_Nicole31, welcome to YGS. I echo the same question Wish-Not asked. Did you ask your brother what he saw and if he had heard the scream? I don't think it is banshee because it is considered as a messenger of death. I don't think what you narrated gave any hint towards that. Perhaps something was trying to catch your attention. Anyway, if you had asked your brother, please do share with us what he said. Do you still live in the same house? If you do, please do some investigation. Ask your neighbours, you can even discuss with your parents and ask them if they had any encounters in the house.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I just want to say I know the annoyance of someone having to go through your room to get into theirs. Annoying.
Anyway, that's a little weird. I will echo what wish not and elnora said.
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Perhaps the scream you heard was a banshee, I've had something similar happen to me. I heard an extremely loud scream while sitting outside with my family and nobody heard it but me.
elnoraemily (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
It does sound like someone trying to get your attention. Could it have been a friend or grandparent that had passed? A relation of some sort?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Annie- Welcome to YGS. After your brother said he had been seeing something as well did you ask him if he heard the scream?

Personally I think something was trying to get your attention. Maybe the start, with the scream, was a way waking you up to their presents. Which obviously worked.

And nothing else after three days, guess it moved on.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: