You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirit Of Pundit

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of Pundit

 

This incident took place in my father's office. He came out of the bathroom and was stunned to see a pundit (religious person) in the front seat. He was stunned as no one can come inside of his office without his permission.

After my dad greeted him and asked for the cause he came, he replied that there has been a massive stamped in a big temple due to an infrastructural failure. Railings broke and many people died due to this and then he said that he wants some donation to revive the temple. My father agreed that he will donate some money when he will go to the temple, and so that my father doesn't forget this promise pundit gave him a metal ring. My father said that the ring was really tight and it was starting to hurt him. When the pundit was about to leave, my father asked him to fill up some basic information about him in a register at the place where the security guard was. He did so and left.

A few months later my father finally got the time to go to the temple and donate money for the revival of the temple. After donating the money, he talked to the nearby pundits and asked him if they knew the pundit that came to his office. My father told them his name by contacting the security guard. They said that he had died in the very same stamped that he was talking about.

Soon the metal ring given to my father also mysteriously fell off even though it was so tight. As a remembrance of this event, my father still wears another metal ring that he made for himself.

I would love to know what your opinions are about this event. Is it really a paranormal incident, or is it just a joke made up by that pundit?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dragon_ss4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dragon_ss4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Thanks for the support guys. I find it really nice for everyone to be interested in this story. I asked my father about the temple. It's some famous temple in haridwar. For more info check out this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Ujjain_and_Haridwar_stampedes
lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
hmm...i think your father must have had a connection with that pundit. That is why he chose your father, not any other. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. 😊 😊 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Hi dragon_ss4, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. I go with Val on this. Because if it had been a prank, definitely he would have insisted your dad to donate money then and there or he would have rather pressurised your dad to come to the temple immediately. So, I don't think it could be prank. Still would like to ask some questions about this experience.

You said that your father learnt that the pundit died in that stampede. What was the time-lag between the stampede and the visit of the pundit to your dad? It would be available because your father asked him to write his details at his office. Also, I would like to know the name of the temple and where it is located.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
dragon,
I wonder if this pundit appeared to other business men as well? (You /your Dad probably don't know, but I wonder none the less.) In Western religions there are many legends/stories of saints/spirits appearing telling certain people to either build or rebuild a church or temple, so I really don't feel it would be so odd for the spirit of a pundit to do the same. Especially if he was very fond of that temple.
To my way of thinking, if it had been some sort of scam, he would have pressured your dad to donate NOW. Or used some scare tactic to be sure your father would carry through his promise.
The ring disappearing after your father kept his promise, may have simply been acknowledgement from the Pundit that your dad is a man of his word. At least, I like to think so.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
Hi dragon_ss4! May be that was a prank and if it is then that would be quite a bad prank. I don't like people who plays with others religious believes.
But I personally don't think that it was a prank.

Regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
hi dragon ss4... You know some spirits are there who completes their duty even after their death... Temple was collapsed and the pundit want to rebuild it that's why he came to see your father. Can you please mention what is the name of temple... And at which place just curious... 😊
dragon_ss4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Thank you tweed and sam222 to comment. Tweed I asked my father if any other person saw that pundit. He said that everyone including the security guard saw him. Sam22 when I said that it mysterious fell off I meant that it slipped out or maybe broke without my father noticing
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Hi Dragon ss4,

It could be a prank, sure.

There are heaps of experiences like this though. Where somebody visits someone after they've recently died.
If it was a prank they were likely after money. But since your dad didn't know he had died, or was about to die, this prank would be depended on what your dad did next. I can't see pranksters being that disciplined. I can only offer a couple possibilities.

One is that the Pundit died in another way shortly after meeting with your dad. The person your dad spoke to was mistaken about the way this Pundit died.

Another is that it's a scam and these people try to get money with an elaborate lie.

The other is of course that it really was the ghost of this Pundit visiting your dad.

I would ask your dad if any of his coworkers remember the day he came to the office. Did anyone see him entering? Asking a few questions like that could lead to an answer.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
dragon_ss4,
When you say it mysteriously fell off, do you mean it fell off with out him noticing and that he no longer knows where it is?
Lately there have been a lot of stories (most of which are past stories) have been posted, so I'm not surprise he came back after he died, because I Have learned that people will come back a lot of times right after they die to deliver a Final message (in your case) or say goodbye to someone they love, and I think it makes sense that he came to say that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: