You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Park

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Park

 

This is my first time talking about this on the internet. I had this experience that I am about to tell you when I was 16-17 years old, I am 25 now. (Sorry about my English I'm from Romania.)

It was a summer night, me and a friend were taking a walk in the park. We were not looking for ghosts or something, just casually strolling, when we see a girl probably 20-25 years old sitting on a bench in front of us at approximately 10 meters. I didn't really gave it much significance. She was dressed casually and was sitting on the bench with here knees up to her chin, and her feet (soles) on the bench, smoking a cigarette.

We kept getting closer to her and my friend who was besides me kept joking about how he would talk to her and give her cheesy pick-up lines, you know... Like a 16-17 year old.

And then as we were walking and laughing she suddenly disappeared, she just vanished before our eyes. At that moment we looked at each other, my friend asked me, "Look at me, am I stupid? Did you see what I saw?" and I said yes I saw it too, so it couldn't have been our imagination, and I didn't took my eyes of the pathwalk for more than 2 seconds, so she couldn't of been a real person and just walk away because I would of seen her.

After she disappeared we both felt like a warm touch on our shoulder, me on my right side and my friend's left side, like someone was holding his arms around us, but I am not sure if we really felt this touch or we were probably just imagine it from the shock we had, and all the ghost films we saw.

And then my friend saw something in the grass that was slithering and looked like a small snake, I am probably 90% sure that it was a snake. He then tried to catch it with his cap but I told him to quit and run, because at that point I was really scared. So we ran until we got out of the park and still ran until we got in a taxi and we went home.

I couldn't sleep for I think 1-2 months properly and even after months, years I got together with my friend, we would still talk about that night.

I recently saw an article about that park and turns out that it was a military cemetery that was closed in the year 1770, and a century after it was closed, all the remains were transported to a different cemetery, and they built a park. I am talking about the Central Park from Timisoara Romania.

If you have any ideas about what I saw or what type of ghost I saw, and if my experience with the warm touch and the snake have any relevance please feel free to comment. Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Samzzzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello Samzzzy, it is a neat experience and thanks for sharing it. As lady-glow said, you and your friend both saw, gives validation to the encounter. Still I feel that it might be just a random paranormal sighting and I don't think she was connected to the old cemetery.

Your English is not bad at all. You have communicated well.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-08)
Sometimes a spirit can feel warm or even hot. I believe this is connected to how strong their energy is.
Samzzzy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-08)
[at] _tonybalo No, the touch we felt was definetly warm, I also hear that the temperature drops when there is a spirit near you, but we felt a warm touch.
Samzzzy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-08)
[at] valkricry Hi, yes it could be the one in the picture, maybe someone just abandoned it like Tweed said, all is possible.
_tonybalo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-08)
Samzzzy, creepy story you got there, but if she was a ghost shouldn't it have been a cold touch instead of a warm one? No offence though. I believe that you saw her...
I've heard that when a ghost or a spirit is around you the temperatures around that area drop. So, that's the reason I thought of mentioning the point.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-06)
Samzzzy- Amazing story indeed... 😁 really awesome... I am not sure what you saw but it was a creepy story. Thanks for sharing.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
Samzzzy, I looked about for snakes that would be native to Timisoara, and found this:
Http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g298478-d2304800-i124007705-Gradina_Zoologica_Timisoara_Padurea_Verde-Timisoara_Timis_County_Western.html
Is that like the one you saw? It could be like Tweed said. Someone turned it loose there.
Judging from the description, I don't think the lady would be connected to the old cemetery. Still, a very neat experience!
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Samzzzy your so lucky to have had a shared experience with someone!
As the lady was dressed in a modern style I'd say she had nothing to do with the old history of the location. Perhaps she has a connection with it in more recent times. Or a connection to one of you.

The snake could have been someones abandoned pet. You know, some idiot thought they could care for a snake, the snake bit someone and they let it go in the park.
(No offense to exotic pet owners. I know a guy with a pet snake and another guy with a pet tarantula. But shame on those who neglect them. If you can't take care of it, surrender it to a care facility!) Disclaimer over and I digress.

The lady was probably there drawing attention to the snake to keep you two safe. The warm touch could have been her leading you away from the snake or maybe showing it to you. Either way she sounds like she was protecting you both. 😊
Samzzzy (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
[at] lady-glow
Hi and thanks I'm glad to find this site so I can share my experience.
Well, I researched about the park and it's really old, it's been there since 1870.

In 1881 the citizens of Timisoara raised a statue of the general Scudier that built the park, in sign of gratitude, and every year on the 25 of October, veterans and the military go and pay tribute to the monuments on Romanian Army day, even I was there several times with our high-school to pay tribute.

Well she was dressed in a shirt, shorts and flip-flops (or sandals), maybe she had nothing to do with the cemetary... I don't know.

No, the snake shouldn't have been there, I don't even think that lizards could be, only squirrels (maybe?) and birds. The park is right in the center of Timisoara

Ps:Tnx to google my english is great, haha
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Samzzzy: welcome to YGS.
I find your story fascinating, the fact that you and your friend saw the same girl gives validation to your experience, though I do not think her presence at the park has anything to do with it been previously a cemetery since you describe her apareance as the one of a 'modern' person. Perhaps she's the ghost of a woman who died there or in a nearby place. Have you checked the more recent history of the park?
I do not know about the snake, - are they common in that area?
Tthanks for sharing your experience and, bty, your Inglish is great.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: