You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bachelor Suite

Real Ghost Stories

The Bachelor Suite

 

A couple years ago I worked briefly at a local bed and breakfast. The Inn was an old mansion from back around the time the town was first settled. The place was of course creepy just in that it was so old, and had too many little nooks and corners. There were the old passageways for the maids to get to the rooms without going through the main halls, but I was never brave enough to go down them - the cellar was enough of a stretch for me.

While I worked there I was dating the manager, and one night we decided to stay at the Inn. We had few guests at any time, and on this night the place was empty. There was a reservation in place, but they hadn't shown up yet to claim their room by the time we retired for the night, so we just left a note on the door telling them where their room was. We stayed in Room 2, which was on the second floor at the end of the hallway, across from the Bachelor Suite. A couple of the rooms were named suites as they were especially ornate and larger than the regular rooms. The Bachelor Suite hadn't been rented out yet while I had been there as it had been undergoing some renovations that were basically done by this point.

We went to bed probably a bit after 11 but woke up within a couple hours to what sounded like at least two people coming down the hall with their luggage (our door was closed of course). We both sat up a little and listened to them pause outside the Bachelor Suite and open the door and go in. Once things had quieted down and it seemed that the guests were settled in and all was well we went back to sleep, not wanting to disturb them after their trip and late arrival.

The next morning we got up early to prepare the breakfast only to find everything as we had left it downstairs and no guests to feed, nor any trace that anyone had ever been in that room at all.

Other hauntings by Jannes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jannes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Cool story! Well set-up and executed. Concise and spooky. What's with haunted inns?

Thanks!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi Jannes, Your story is very well written, I enjoyed it. I agree with Shane, it does sound like a residual haunting. I like fact that you have done some research on the house. Don't be afraid, they won't even notice you since they play their own part over again.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
So far so good. You have more history than a lot of people who report hauntings usually have. Thanks for getting back with us so quickly on this. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Jannes (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Shane,
I tried today to look up some history on the Inn but only found fairly basic things. It was built in 1885 as a home for a Mrs Woodbridge, who was a friend of Lady Astor. Then she gave the house to her daughter who was married to the mayor of the town, and he hosted a reunion dinner for troops from the Civil War. Since then it has changed hands a couple more times, first becoming the Colonial Inn, then the Inn at Brevard. But that's all I have dug up so far - it certainly has a lot of history. And I found I remembered wrong, it's actually called the Gentleman's Suite. All I know is that place gave me goosebumps! I always hated being there late by myself.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Sounds like a residual haunting. You could do a little research on the place and see if maybe a tragic event took place there or sometimes even very joyous ones. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: