You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Few Experiences At My Old Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Experiences At My Old Apartment

 

I have this theory that once you experience the paranormal you are sensitive to it and are more likely to experience something again. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I never had anything happen to me before, boom something happens, and now every few months or so something else occurs. If you read "A Strange Ride" it will detail my very first paranormal experience.

This particular story regards the last apartment I lived in. The whole energy of the place was kind of gloomy and a few of my friends noticed the same thing.

The weird "happenings" began with my cats. They would stare off at something in the corner or paw at something that wasn't there. I remember one of the times as staring off into a corner I saw what looked like a black mass or some sort of shadow. I dismissed it as just a shadow and usually did when they started acting out.

I lived at this apartment for a few years and was there for at least a year before my first "real" experience occurred. I was doing a dance game on my xbox and out of nowhere something tugged at my hair. I quickly spun around and saw nothing around. There was no one else there and there was nothing behind me that would be able to tug at me. This frightened me and I stopped dancing right away.

The second experience a friend was visiting and we were watching TV. I sell Avon and had my customer's products laid on the floor ready to be bagged. Out of nowhere we heard a popping sound and I got up and saw that one of the tops of one of the products somehow mysteriously hit the wall. It had to be thrown at least 6 feet and there was no explanation for it.

The third experience was really early in the morning. I woke up around 6 am and felt arms wrapped around me preventing me from moving. I didn't feel I was in danger or anything, but I almost felt as if it was a loving or protective embrace from something.

I also often had very surreal dreams in this apartment and heard voices coming from nowhere. I tried to use an app on my ipod that helped communicate with spirits and it would always show 4 or 5 around me at all times on the radar, but they would only say random words. My theory here is that they are probably speaking so fast or out of the devices frequency that only one word was caught at a time. Either way I've since moved and I haven't had any more experiences where I live now. I am curious though as to who or what it was and what it wanted. I think the spirit only wanted to communicate and tried to get my attention. I wish I knew.

Other hauntings by chria29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chria29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jessie12 (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-16)
Rook-

You may now see my email on my profile! If you have any questions please ask away!

-Jessie
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Chria29,

Ha I agree with MiMi81, the spirit may not have agreed with the music playing on the game or maybe just thought since you were dancing it figured it could play also, by tugging on your hair. I see the ghostie laughing, knowing it would freak you out a bit.

The bottle top being thrown, may have been just the pressure of the bottle causing it to pop off. Much like a shaken bottle of soda, with the lid slightly screwed back on.
Just a thought.

Now as for the dreams...
Do you remember any of them?
Who may have been in them, what they were doing? Etc etc.
Could explain a lot

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Jessie,

No e-mail unless you put your addie in your profile. Or you could hit the submit story button near the top right of the page...

Respectfully,

Rook
Jessie12 (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
I would love to share my investigation with you! If you would like more info email me!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Jessie,

I believe that Wish-Not meant someone else so do not sweat it.

I for one would find it cool if you submitted your investigation as an experience here at YGS... There is a way to attach photos and video when you do so.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jessie12 (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Sorry about my last comment. I realize now you were not talking to me
Jessie12 (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
If you are thinking I am in school you would be wrong. I have been out of school for 2 years. If you are not meaning me then I am sorry. I am an open honest person and really would like some help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Wish-Not,

Can you say Magic Bus? 😆

Puff Bayram

(Shaking head to clear it...er...ummm...where was I? Oh, Yeah.)

Where I live in Texas we have another 2 weeks until they are free for the summer... But I guess its gotta start someplace, sometime.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Oh man, is school already out for the summer?!?!?! Sigh, here we goooooooo...
Jessie12 (21 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
When I come into a room the door slams shut behind me... I also start to feel sad and hopeless. I hear voices talking to me and they have just started to torment me. I need help
Paranormal4life (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Interesting things you have going on. I think I can help you with the problem. Contact me at cwm1994m [at] aol.com
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
I've never tried the evp app, but one of my friends has. She occasionally gets some relevant words.

The house where my dog did his watching had a sweet, gentle ghost. She made contact with my dog before she did me. I'm glad she didn't do things to startle me like your entity did!
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
I see the same. People just notice their pets acting strangely and then I guess when the spirits realize the pets just want to play they try to make human contact. I wish I at least could of known who and what they wanted, but as I stated every time I tried to do an evp session, but there were too many of them talking at one time and I would only catch one word. I guess they were just really excited about being able to find a way to communicate. I hope either way they find their peace and whatever they are looking for.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
Chria, sounds like an interesting apartment. I agree that whatever was there just wanted your attention, although the hair tug was unnerving. Maybe it didn't like or approve of the music in the game.

It does seem many people first become aware of a haunting because of their pet's behavior. I had a dog that would stand in a doorway and watch something I couldn't see, occasionally tilting his head, and swatting at it with his paws. I can easily visualize cats doing the same thing.
LynxKatt73 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
Brilliant experiences you have had chria29. Your very lucky to have found friendly spirits.
From reading your experiences. I'd say that they were only trying to communicate with you too. Maybe they realised that you senced them so strongly and they wanted to see if you would talk with them too.
I don't think they ment any harm.

LynxKatt73

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: