You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Spirit Led Me To New York, To His Old Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit Led Me To New York, To His Old Apartment

 

I visited New York for the first time in January, while on tour (I'm a musician).

On the third night I had a dream about someone who was well known in entertainment, who had long been crossed over... (no they weren't a musician)

The dream:

I was standing in Times Square by myself, in the snow in the middle of the night (3 or 4 am).

I felt fearful that there was no one else around, thinking I may be the last person left on Earth.

Just then from the shadows they emerged.

They walked up to me, smiled at me, said "Hi, I've been waiting for you" then we began walking side by side together.

I woke up from the dream not thinking too much of it, other than it was odd I've never dreamt of them before and they're not someone whose usually on my mind or anything.

I went on with my day, and visited Central Park for the very first time.

I went and walked all around, then after being tired I went on sat on the steps of a random old brownstone building.

I was looking up coffee shops to walk to nearby on my phone, when like a big sign, their name lit up in my mind.

I thought, "why am I thinking of this person?"

I was curious now, and dropped my search for a coffee shop and felt compelled to google their name and read about them.

I found an article about how they had an apartment in New York (I had no idea, I only knew they had lived in Los Angeles as they were in the entertainment industry when they were alive).

The article I read gave an address to the apartment they once lived in, I thought "Maybe I should go see it while I'm in New York... If it's close enough to where I'm staying..."

So I typed the address into google maps...

I was sitting on the steps of their old apartment.

No. Joke.

Of all the places in New York.

My jaw hit the ground...

After that I knew. I knew deep down there was more to this and it was very surreal. I felt absolutely compelled to figure it out. It was too synchronic given the dream the night before.

I went back to where I was staying, and I went so far as to contact the owner of the apartment building to ask if I can take a peek or go inside.

They graciously allowed me to take a tour of the apartment a couple days later.

After I left New York, I went back to Los Angeles and things began happening.

Electronics, TV's turning on by themselves, I felt a warmth and loving energy surrounding me all the time, I'd wake up and feel something touching my hair lovingly but nothing there, an orb began appearing in every photo I would take, more dreams about this person started to occur.

I went to a medium,

And she told me I need to go back to New York... Both because of this spiritual connection and because of my music career.

I was told many things will reveal themselves if I go, as well as my life will change in an amazing way.

I took her advice, and I went.

I left 5 weeks later, and after becoming online friends in that time with owner of the apartment who belonged to this spirit, I was offered to be able to stay there a few weeks until I found a place of my own.

What I have experienced has been so beautiful and surreal to say the least.

I would wake up in this apartment belonging to this spirit when he was alive. Being right there, it was so obvious this was supposed to happen. You can't plan things like that.

The dreams I've had had been lucid, incredible, emotional... Where they'd be sitting on the bed beside me while I slept and talking to me.

Our energies would fuse in these dreams, and they obvious have very, very deep feelings for me.

There is a little drum in the apartment that plays by itself (as if someone taps their hand on the drum a couple times) that the owner of the place said NEVER happened before I came there...

Other things like their energy - I can feel them all the time, their mood, everything.

I've become very close with this spirit many ways.

A friend of mine thinks I had a past life with his spirit, or that this spirit is looking to have a spiritual marriage with me, or this spirit sees something in me and wants to help me on my creative path...

To be clear, I do not care that they were famous or well known or anything... From the get go what I have felt is all spiritual, as I didn't really have much interest in them before they came to me spiritually. I know in the spirit world we are all equal and notoriety has nothing to do with anything... There is a soul connection going on here, this is not some kind of boasting about a famous spirit, I could care less. It's the emotion and reality of what's happening that has me so wanting to learn more.

Just typing this it's the most surreal thing that's ever happened to me, and it has also revealed spiritual abilities within me I didn't know I had to the extent that I do.

I'm typing this here, because I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar or if you all have insight or theories on this.

Also any advice on how to strengthen the connection, or anything would help too.

No trolling please. None of this is made up, and I'm just trying to make sense of such a huge thing that before January was not even a thought in my mind... I wasn't looking for this, but such a thing I felt it would be a disservice not to follow the signs...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nylaca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AngieJo (1 stories) (13 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-18)
Hi Nylaca! I loved your story! Do you see the spirit in form when you are awake; or only in your dreams?

Mrs. Ramsey: I agree; this would make a fabulous movie!
GreenWitchx3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
Hello. I am a pagan preistess. I have found your story by chance but I am drawn to you and your story. I would like to give you a reading and if your interested I would love to guide you through a few ritual/ceremonies to both strengthen this spiritual bond and I'd like to guide you through a cleansing ritual to protect this connection and this spirit from any negative energy.
I would love to speak to you and go from there.

Feel free to message me or email me
Vanessamarienixon [at] gmail.com
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-12)
Two brief comments, well, one's a question: can you update us now, in October? I just read this and think it's fascinating. I'd love to hear the latest.

Also, I'm not minimizing or diminishing and do agree with those who've said to be very cautious. But this WOULD make a great movie. I'd love to believe it's a friendly haunting, one along the lines of the Liberace piano. There's a huge trend towards thinking everything is evil or demonic, and just like everything else in the news or media today, it sucks all the energy away from the optimistic or hopeful or simply GOOD stories out there. I sure hope that by now, mid-October, you have a better idea of what's up with this and you can give us some good news! Most sincerely, Mrs. R.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-25)
I read this a bit ago but forgot about it. But it definitely was a story that stuck with me right away.

We moved to a house that had spirits of a negative sort. We talked to a few paranormal groups and what was proposed was that these spirits had been calling us to come to this location. They knew of us for a long time... What would be termed "familial spirits". By a series of choices we ended up at this house but it's like they were waiting for us for a long time.
I will propose the same scenario to you. For whatever reason a particular spirit/s called you to this location.

But you see, you have to question why they/he/she would want you there?

Perhaps it may not be a good reason so be careful. What leads me to say this is your attachment to it/him. It doesn't sound healthy. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear but this situation does happen.

It also may not be the actual person. The actual person may be at eternal rest. What it may be is the spirit/s that followed this person around.

A positive guardian spirit would just guide you but not allow an unhealthy attachment. Wanting to fuse spirits together is not good.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-25)
It sounds to me as though you have been practical and reasonably cautious so far. I know it is natural for folks to be afraid of the unknown and as I will not contest that there likely are very bad things out there, I quite firmly believe there are a good deal of very positive ones as well. Folks are always eager to believe in guardian angels - I am far more comfortable believing in guardian spirits of former mortal beings. Just because this entity does not claim to be an angel does not make him a demon.

I'd say keep being cautious but carry on. If you want to take additional precautions, there are plenty of simple things you can do from salt to various house plants - and things as easy as maintaining strong connections with positive influences in your life (from hobbies you pursue with others to regular dinner "dates" with friends) and peppering your personal space with things that bring you joy (photographs of loved ones, souvenirs from happy times etc). Positive energy can only do you good in every aspect of your life. Also keep in mind that cleansings are traditionally thought to only effect negative entities so that's yet another option.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-08)
Cuddlebear,

'If I didn't like both of these answers I'd run for the hills, and further away than upstate New York'. I love that you made that comment. I burst out laughing. Not because I'm being insensitive but because I'd do the same. Run for the hills.

Hi Nylaca,
It must be a very scary experience to live. 😨 I do a cleansing routine once a fortnight. It's working. From time to time a spirit breaks through, but 90% of time I keep them away with the ritual. You'll find it on Rookdygins profile page. A lot of members have cleansed their homes with much success.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Keep us posted.
Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-05-08)
Nylaca ~ Greetings and welcome!

As to matters of the Paranormal I am far from an expert, several of the people who have posted on this thread have far more experience than I - and they are telling you this is not a good thing. I'd listen. The very least I would do was determine a way I could verify this entity is who it claims to be, and if it is, I'd sit down and attempt to figure what it wants from me. If I didn't like both of these answers I'd run for the hills, and further away than upstate New York.

When I say the following I am not in anyway intending to say I don't believe you - but to quote a wise man I know "I've seen this movie and it doesn't end well..."

Peace and good luck
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2019-05-06)
Hi, Nylaca

I'm with RSAChick on this one, something does not feel right. Please take Biblio's advise and be very cautious. You state that you have become very close to this spirit, this is not normal. Yes, I understand that nothing about the experiences we talk about in this website are normal but you are getting into something that can become very dangerous.

I mean no disrespect, I know this is probably not what you want to hear. You need to break this connection and not try to strengthen it. Nothing about this seems right.

Good luck.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2019-05-06)
Greetings, Nylaca.

Given that you apparently found the apartment's address in a few minutes on-line, I applaud your refraining from publishing what is currently *your address* on YGS. Most of us are curious & honest folk, but there's usually one or two people in ANY group who may be a bit odd, and there are countless unknown browsers who read this site. Keeping his name -and thereby the address- private is the SMART choice.

I did see an interview with a woman pianist who appeared on a tv program about psychic phenomena. The psychic told her that she was carrying something very small that was part of some larger piece of furniture that was of massive significance to the original owner. She'd forgotten that on her way out of the house, one of the small 1"x1" mirrored tiles had fallen off of her piano, so she'd put it in her purse. It was *that* psychic's discussion with her that confirmed that the late pianist & showman Liberace was indeed still spiritually attached to his piano. Clearly, the psychic perceived that the deceased, gay, flamboyant musician had no ulterior or sinister motive; he was just interested in (& supportive of) the musician who was caring for his piano. She claimed, at that point in her interview, that she'd sometimes "felt companionship" (my paraphrase) when she played that piano.

It is entirely possible that this individual's spirit means you no harm & wishes to inspire your creativity. I am concerned by your statement, "The dreams I've had had been lucid, incredible, emotional... Our energies would fuse in these dreams, and they obvious have very, very deep feelings for me." Relationships with anyone, living person or deceased spirit, can have a downside if one of the people is needy/clingy/controlling. I cannot tell you that this is or is not what is happening in your case, but I urge caution. Being friendly & agreeable is one thing, having all your time wrapped up in another person is -ultimately- destructive.

Caution; Caution; Caution.

Best,
Biblio.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-06)
Seeing that you won't reveal that "celebrity's" identity is totally of course your decision. The history of the place, or the person would surely help you in what you had experienced plus it would help the more experienced members here on YGS to connect the dots in your story, or to likely give an accurate understanding to what you had experienced.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
Nylaca (1 stories) (1 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
Hey there -

It's definitely not an evil entity. That I know for sure. 100%. I've taken my own precautions, insight and personal protection upon myself also... At first with it being new I was not sure... I defiantly have no doubt now that it is this particular spirit.

It's not famous "celebrities" it's just one.

I'd rather not disclose who it is, it doesn't really matter to me nor does it matter in the spirit world... Were all equal there. I'd rather keep it that way and treat it as such. The emphasis that they were a celebrity is just a note as to how I found out online that their apartment was their apartment, etc.:)
RSAChick (115 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
Hi Nylaca, something about this story, or rather, this entity, does not feel right to me.
Beware that this is not an evil entity posing as the spirit of this celebrity to gain your trust.

I have no experience with spirit guides etc. I hope some of the more experienced members here can help you.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
I am wondering who are these "famous" late celebrities you are talking about hehe. Have you tried asking them (spirits) what they need from you? Or have you tried asking for help so you would be disconnected with these spirits?
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
Hi there! No, I haven't experienced anything similar with what you just had experienced. Can I ask for the identity of the spirit in your story? I'm just a bit curious. Anyways, thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: