You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Final Farewell Before The Departure

Real Ghost Stories

The Final Farewell Before The Departure

 

I've experienced a lot of paranormal things but nothing like what my husband and his family experienced in the following story.

Around the time that me and my now husband were just starting to date, one of his oldest nephews (18) had just landed in the hospital due to his treatments for Leukemia. Sadly none of his treatments were working, they were just making things worse. He lost all his hair and kept throwing up uncontrollably. Soon after, he was put in a machine to help him breathe as he had stopped breathing on his own.

My husband lived at his older brother's house at the time. He slept in the same bedroom as his younger nephews. He said the night before the doctors had told his sister to unplug his nephew from the ventilator to see if he could breathe on his own, everyone in that home was awaken by the radio being turned on to Max volume. When they all went out to investigate what caused it to turn on, a soccer ball came rolling from the closet at the end of the hallway. That soccer ball was actually his nephew's. They all looked at each other and thought of him. The next day they took him out of the ventilator and wasn't able to breathe on his own and the line immediately went flat. That month the entire family gathered for Christmas and all talked about him.

When my husband talked about the weird incident he had at his brother;s house, his older brother joined in and said "yea it's as if he came home from school one last time, turned on the radio full blast and took the soccer ball to go out and play with my kids." The rest of my husband's brothers and sisters all looked shocked and either them or their kids had experienced something similar. They all concluded that it was in fact him saying his last goodbyes.

The saddest one I heard that night was that of his younger sister who said she was about to go to sleep and heard his brother yell out her name like he usually did to close the door after him when he would leave to the park to play soccer with his cousins. She totally freaked out because she knew he was at the hospital but immediately felt a great sadness fill her up and knew he was saying his last goodbyes to her.

It's amazing how he managed to contact his entire family here the night before and say his final goodbyes one way or the other. Honestly when he passed away the whole family cried, but it was weird at the moment because they all went up to him one by one and said see you later, they knew it was him the night before saying goodbye like any other normal day that he visited them.

To this day none of them speak of him like he is actually gone. I think that last farewell he gave them that night made them be at peace with his passing the next day. It's been 6 years and we still love talking about how he was awesome enough to say his goodbyes to all of them.:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carol1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mikepapp (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-26)
Hi carol1,
I just had my story published today entitled The "Departure".
The title of my story led me to yours. It is very interesting that we used the same word to describe the event. In hind sight, I wish I had asked for at least the name of the "Host" ghost. Maybe, even taken pictures? But, at moments like that, you can't imagine what is going to happen next. Trying to be prepared is impossible unless a person has had numerous encounters. Well, your story was a good one, and certainly backs mine up. Thank you, Mike
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hi carol1, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing this wonderful experience. My memory goes back to June 2000, when my mother died and she did say her farewell to my dad, who was deaf and he was not wearing his hearing aid. I described it in one of my write-ups in this site.

Really a touching encounter and I am sorry for the loss of the lovely nephew of your husband.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
carol1 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
Thank you all. My husbands entire family seem to constantly have paranormal encounters not with my husbands nephew but with other things. I will soon write some of the experiences me and my husband experienced as well as my family and his have experienced. Thank you again I hope I can soon find some explanation on why I got stuck in a life with both families being super sensitive to the other side. I'm not complaining but I just wished I found an answer. Everything is just so intriguing. 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-23)
Carol, I suspect your husband's family are more open minded then they may let on in social settings. Perhaps the nephew has helped them reconcile previous paranormal encounters throughout all their lives. Which is pretty darn cool in my opinion and very touching at the same time. ❤
TNANGEL (4 stories) (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
My grandmother would hear the most beautiful music as someone close to her died. We were sitting together playing Rummy one night and she kind of jolted, smiled and said, "Aunt Pearl just crossed ovder." Within 10 minutes her phone rang and it was confirmation that her aunt Pearl had passed.
paranomal221 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
Nicely explained. I think the nephew was there for the last goodbye. God bless your family. Thanks for sharing. 😁
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-21)
Nice read. Thank you for Sharing that touching story. I remember after my Mom died suddenly and we came back from the hospital, it felt like she was still there for a couple of days.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: