You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit From My Great-grandma

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From My Great-grandma

 

It was early in first grade that I had my experience. I went to a Catholic private school and was taken to church monthly by my teacher. The church was located across the street from my school and was an easy one minute walk from it.

We walked across the small side street into the church, we filed one by one into the pews and sat down. A close friend of mine, Michael, sat next to me. We had the last two seats at the end of the pew. Michael was the only person next to because I was at the very end.

The service went on for some time. The priest finished his homily of that day's readings and it would soon be time to shake hands with those sitting near to you. When the time came, I shook the hand of Michael and the two girls who sat in front of and behind me. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman. An elderly woman that was leaning on a shopping cart with grey hair and a black dress on. She turned to me. She smiled and bent so she was level with my face and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I remember that she was very cold, but the strangest thing came next. When she pulled away she then went to my ear and whispered, "I love you". Then the priest called our attention back to him.

Michael looked over at me, he had obviously seen the woman. "Who is she?" he asked. I replied with "I don't know." I turned back to ask her but she was gone. I looked behind me, but there was nobody there. I didn't even hear squeaking of the wheels of her cart. Michael and I looked astonished.

Later when I came home, I told my mom what had happened. She gave me a scared look and she said "Do you remember what this woman looked like?" I told her yes. She took me into our spare room and showed me a photo. It was of the old lady wearing a similar dress to what she had been in at the church. My mom said "This is my grandmother". I was in shock. My mom looked as if she was going to cry.

My mom would later explain to me that my great-grandmother had a stroke in that same church a few days before she died. My great-grandma was a very religious woman and who knows, maybe it was just an opportune moment and place to finally meet her great-granddaughter. I may never know.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED MY GHOST EXPERIENCE!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melthetimelord, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
I love your experience, having had an experience around that age with my Grandfather who passed on before my birth. Perhaps she had seen you there before, but since you were on the aisle seat it became easier for her to manifest to you in a non-threatening manner, in the way she appeared at her passing. Glad she was able to let you know that she is watching after you.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-30)
Melthetimelord

I thoughht your story was sweet. Children that young can still see spirits. What better place to see your great grandmother than the church she attended. She may still attend unseen from time to time.
I agree with spiritwaiting she is watching over you. You are a lucky young woman.

Regards
Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Melthetimelord,
Interesting! Love these types of experiences!
Just knowing your was is your great grandmother, or grandmother, is watching over you.?

For her to have enough energy to come to you bend down kiss your cheek and tell you she loves you. She is watching over you.

Great smile creator for me!

Thank you for sharing

Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: