You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The "friend"

Real Ghost Stories

The "friend"

 

I moved into my house in May of 2004. At the time my sister, her husband, my niece and nephew lived with us.

For about the first month everything was fine aside from a weird smell in the house. My niece (we'll call her Sam) had just turned 3 and started talking about an imaginary friend named Friend.

A month or so after she met Friend, things started changing, It got to the point Sam refused to do any of her favorite things. She would cry if you even asked her to swing on the swing set or do anything, because Friend would get mad at her.

One night I was laying in bed when I got the feeling of being watched. I looked to the foot of my bed to see a man standing with his back to me. He was standing by my closet looking out the window and slowly turned and looked at me. He was solid as could be I thought some crazy guy broke in until I seen his eyes were red. I left my room and sat in the living room until everyone else woke up. Sam came to me and said "Friend likes it in your room. He stands by your closet and looks out the window, sometimes he watches you sleep." Yes, I was freaking out at this point. A year passed and Sam turned 4 and Friend seemed to have left our house.

Fast forward April 2007 my nephew JD turns 3 and the whole thing starts over for another year, then peace again.

April of 2013 my daughter "A" turned three. I was nervous since that appeared to be the unlucky age in our house. A had said a couple of things that were odd but I just shrugged them off.

One day in November 2013 I woke up to a very distraught A. She told me "The Cheeto man was down by my feet and you wouldn't wake up, mommy." I tried to act unconcerned and said "Oh boy did he give you some Cheetos?" She told me no he wasn't Chester the Cheetah from the Cheetos bag he was a monster, and he yelled at her and scared her really bad and I wouldn't wake up. So now I'm worried and feel like a horrible mom, but I don't make a big deal about it, maybe it was just a bad dream.

Nope. Things got worse, the "Cheeto man" was showing up every single night. We ended up having to move into a different bedroom because A wouldn't even go near the stairs to our room.

One night not long after A turned 4 I had the worst dream ever. In the dream I woke up to see a cloaked figure leaning on our dresser facing our bed. It was a dark red/black robe that looked like a monks robe, with a large hood, it felt and looked like a burlap sack. I couldn't see his face or hands just the robe. I jumped out of bed to confront him, he lowered his hood and it rocked me to my core. It was the old man I'd seen in my room in 2004 but he was thinner and he had these open sores all over his face and head and the emptiest black eyes. And I realized that this whole time she was meaning heetah man, he looked like he had cheetah spots. We fought over A and he left, but as he was leaving he turned and gave me the most chilling look and warned he'd be back and I need to be scared.

To wrap up this long ramble, A woke me up the next morning and told me the Cheetoh man was gone. Since then the house has been calm and even the weird smell is gone.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nonamejane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
Thanks for the share Jane

Nixie - seems logical. If you can't evade, fight. Nothing as formidable as a cornered adversary. So you've got nothing to lose by exploiting that instinct I suppose.

Lonely- that's some very specific praying. Can I ask where it comes from? Found the same on various websites but unclear of the origin if this specific lengthy prayer. Curious about this bit:
"to seek dry ground and never return"
Most likely non literal etc, but maybe not? Sorry becoming increasingly interested in the apparent prevalence of things related to moisture removal in spirit deterrence.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Nice story here very chilling I have to say. I'm glad that there's nothing there at this moment. And let me say I think that this entity is the same one as always, and as time goes they can often change to image to look older or younger depending on the person there trying to attract. But if I were you I wouldn't let this thing in my home. I would do a deep cleansing of the home. Start by dusting everything out even from the corners. Always keep holy water in the home and thrown it all the corners of the home and in all the bedrooms. You always want to ring bells in the corners as well to keep negative energy away from there since that is where it likes to accumulate. And if you believe in prayer please do find your self saying heavy prayer. You can prevent this thing from coming back.

Here's a prayer for you if you need it.

Father, I ask that you wash my spirit, soul and body with the blood of the lamb.

I curse every corruptible seed that has been planted in me and I command it to wither and die.

I command every foul, unclean spirit that may have attached itself to me, to loose me, to leave this property, to seek dry ground and never return, in Jesus name.

By the blood of Jesus Christ, I bind every evil spirit that is in this room and command them to flee right now and go where the Lord Jesus Christ sends them. I renounce and reject any inch of this house and property that has been yielded or surrendered unto Satan and by faith I take it back and surrender it to the Lord Jesus Christ. By faith, I claim that this room is covered under the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and no evil spirit can enter it." (Pray this over every room in the house).

After going through every room in the house pray:

I dedicate and consecrate this home to the Lord Jesus Christ and Satan has no hold on it at all. I surrender everything in this house to the Lord Jesus Christ and claim it is under His divine protection including all electrical wiring and plumbing. I bind every evil spirit that is in this house by the precious blood of the Lamb and command them to flee and go where the Lord Jesus Christ sends them. I claim by faith that everything in this house is covered under the blood of Jesus Christ from the top of the roof to the bottom of the footing and everything in between and especially anything that conducts electricity.

I claim by faith that this house is surrounded by a hedge of protection, a wall of fire, a wall of faith, and covered under the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on all sides, above, and below. I pray that powerful warring angels would come to protect the Four Corners of this house and property and everyone inside. Thank you for the complete victory we already have in Jesus Christ. I ask that this home be consecrated with your divine presence so that everyone who enters it will be blessed with spiritual blessings from heavenly places, Amen!
While you do this keep all your bibles open to psalm any page will do and keep a lot of holy water with you throw it all over the house. Most important while your doing this ring a bell in all the corners of your home it will drive all the negative energy away from those areas, because that is where it all likes to gather. And often saying "the blood of Christ is powerful. And burn sage all over the your home. And in the name of God everything will be gone. Good luck and please keep us updated on what happens:)
ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Hello nonamejame
What an awful experience for you and the little ones around you. I hope he was bluffing and doesn't come back. If he does, I vote you fight him. Steel yourself to his appearance, tell him he's not allowed in your house, around your family, and make him leave by force of will alone. It sounds like he was trying to intimidate you and your little one, so show him that you ARE something to be feared.

Best of wishes and stay strong.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-29)
Nonamejane,
Ok this gave me chills reading this.
This thing befriending your niece, then getting scarier as more babies come into the house!

As I was reading I was also going to say it may be the same entity disguising himself to be more terrifying. And then I kept reading and I read the end!

Stay strong and shield yourself!
If this thing said he will be back, please don't take that lightly.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
nonamejane- Wow, using your own words, that was "chilling". Very well written as well. I understand that this type of "entity" prey on the young. I call it this type because I am not knowledgeable enough to call it what some might think it is. Either way it's chilling. Those poor kids, it breaks my heart to know that each had to deal with it.

Great share, welcome to YGS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: