You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Lady Playing Hide And Seek

Real Ghost Stories

White Lady Playing Hide And Seek

 

This story was from I was still living in the Philippines when I was young. I lived in the province, in a house that is located a few minutes away from the main road. The house is made out of old wood and is styled as a Spanish period house. It was a two story house, with the lower section added on at later years. When I was 8-9 years old, my cousin, my sister, and I would play hide in seek in the dark in the upper floor of the house, while my lola (grandma) and my mom stayed downstairs to talk after dinner.

One night we were playing hide and seek, I was "it" and had to find my cousin and my sister after counting to 10. The layout upstairs is common. We have a second kitchen upstairs where the sink is located at the back of the floor, and pots and pans are stored in the adjacent storage located near the stairs. This storage is opened and is located at the lower portion of the "prepping" table only covered by a piece of fabric.

When I was done counting to 10, I went ahead and looked for my sister (since she's pretty bad at hiding). I turned around, looked to my left and saw a dark shadow standing on the prepping table. Since it was dark, I could only see the shape of the person and assumed it was my sister since her hair was long. I came over to her, and started pulling on her "skirt." I looked up and she looked down on me but I could not see her face, just dark shadows with hair and a skirt. As I was pulling on her skirt, all while saying "I found you," my sister came out from the opposite side of the kitchen and asked who I was talking to. At that point, the hair from the back of my neck stood up and I got the shivers. I went and hurried to turn on the lights. After the light is turned on, the girl is gone and all was left there was the cloth covering the storage area for the pots and pans... I then went downstairs and cried at the shock of what I saw...

My sister and I talked about this after and we still talk about it every time we get the chance today. She believes that the girl is just my imagination and the skirt I was pulling on was the storage cloth... But I try to explain to her that while I was pulling on the skirt, the girl looked down on me and I could feel her body shift to the this position... I think it's just the devil playing tricks.

I would not ever want to experience this again, but every time I am reminded of this, I just pray. The devil might be there all along, and try to place a normal object afterwards to play with our minds. I knew what I saw that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Codename_Raptor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
Hi Raptor... Your story gave me the shivers... May I ask did you tell your lola or mother about what happened? Maybe they know who this lady was or the history of the house...
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-01)
Wow! That's very scary! By the way, how late did you guys stayed up to?
Do you remember what time was it when you guys saw the girl?
As I was reading on this might not be a "demon" as people would describe.
Were there any tapping sounds during the time you guys were playing there?
Was the place cool that time? There is so much that I want to know.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Hi again Raptor,

I've just been thinking about your experience and the detail of the woman on the table reminded me of something I've only vaguely read about and seen on a documentary ages ago. I'm not sure if this fits in with historic beliefs in the Philippines, I think this is an old African belief, could be wrong.
Also this might be a bit outside the comment guidelines, so apologies in advance to the Mods of this has to get deleted! But I don't think it's too outer limits, so here goes.

Anyway somewhere, at some stage in history, it was believed that in times of danger or spiritual unrest the showing of a woman's vagina would ward off evil. A bit like a temple dog, or the lord's prayer. This was a tribal belief I think, and I'm pretty sure a woman, or women would go to a high point, like a hill or something, and lift their garments to scare off evil spirits. Well, that's the origins of the belief/tradition. There was a documentary I watched many years ago where they spoke about a possibility of some women slaves standing on chairs and tables doing the same to their 'masters'. It was surmised the 'masters' believed them to be possessed or what have you, because they had no knowledge of their 'slave's' custom. Nor would they have cared back then.

So, because you guys were kids, and running around hiding, I wondered if the figure on the table was someone who shared this belief and mistakingly perceived you kids as running from danger. So she sought a high point (the table) to carry out her beliefs, but there was no danger and you interrupted her so that was kind of fortunate lol.

I could be way off base here, but historically a woman calmly standing on a table amid kids running around hiding conjured this scenario in my thoughts.

It also occurred to me she may have thought you guys were hiding from a rat, but the way she looked down at you suggested to me she was standing there 'waiting' for something.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Hi there Raptor,

I realise you have strong beliefs about the evil nature of what took place. However, my beliefs differ completely and, if this happened to me, I'd be glad of a unique brush with the other side.
There are many experiences on here with ghosts who play hide and seek type games with children. Sure it scares most people when they realise it was a ghost, but a scare doesn't necessarily have to be evil, or the devil. Just my opinion. 😊

Thanks for sharing, I like that she was standing on the table. Ghosts do the darnedest things.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Ahoy, Raptor.

Now, before you jump to conclusions, your sister may have been right about the cloth and your mind playing tricks on you. I once saw my older brother and sister playing with each other in an old black and white portrait that still hangs in my old room ala Harry Potter's moving pictures - although they looked and sounded real enough, I'm quite sure it was my imagination running away with me.

On the other hand... Based on her reaction, she might've been just as shocked as you were - I know I would be. Did you get a good look at what she was wearing?

Smooth sailing,
Mazz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: