You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think They Follow Us

Real Ghost Stories

I Think They Follow Us

 

My name is Miami. For a while now me and my family have experienced a lot of ghost-like situations in which my sisters, mother and I have all seen things that cannot be explained. We have moved due to different complications but it never fails, it always feels like we aren't the only ones living in our homes, or always being watched.

A few years ago we rented out this house that we didn't really do research on the property. Nothing really happened at first but a few months after settling in we then knew that we were not the only ones living there.

My sister, who is 5 years younger then I, would complain that she heard voices and seen shadow like things walking through the walls or from the corner of her eye. My youngest sister had an "imaginary" friend who turned out to be evil. She said her name was Getus. My sister would say wild things that getus would say like "Getus wants to kill you".

We later found out from our neighbor who has lived next door for like 30 years, that that a male had passed away in the house. Myself personally have been woken up by this man (which his old room was my room). He was turning on and off my TV. After a few times he was standing in the doorway and said "Okay I'll let you sleep now" and walked out my room.

I moved out with my husband, who isn't really into this kind of things, so he always thinks that I'm over thinking or that I watch too many movies. At our apartment when my husband would be at work I once again start feeling like something is watching me. One night I was sleep and woke up to this little girl in my room. As soon as she sees me awake she runs out the room. That is the second time I have seen her. Me and my husband move into my mom's new house to help around while she works nights. The whole house feels the same thing as the previous house.

My husband and I moved back with my mom to help her with my sisters while she works nights. We always see shadows and see things from the corner of the eye. We hear voices and people walking around the house and playing on the stairs.

Last night for example my mom got home around 12 am and I was still awake. My younger sisters were sleep and my husband is out to sea. I sat in the living room with my mom and I heard a knock at the back door... I looked and seen a shadow walk past, my mom didn't see at first and claimed that I was bugging. She checked and there was nothing out side. I went to sleep and about an hour later my mom hears the same knocking at the door 3 times and was too scared to check. Our dog also stares at things and seems like she gets stuck and we can never figure out what has got her attention.

My question to anybody willing to answer or reply, could this thing have followed us? Is this something we should we be worried about and has anybody been through something similar? Could it just be that my family has a special eye for this kind of thing?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miamis_life94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-16)
Greetings, Miami.

(Interesting name for an inhabitant of California; are you named for the Indigenous People, or for the City named after them? 'Course, I used to know a girl from Mississippi named "Georgia," so you don't have to explain if you've no desire to do so.)

I, like Rook, would like to know a little more about the peculiar "Getus" individual;
I know it's the English-language version of the Japanese term for a pair of sandals constructed on two parallel blocks which act like cleats, and -after reading your story- I have learned the following: 1) it's the Lithuanian word for "ghettos" (as with the English term, it's derived from the Florentine word for an iron foundry).
2) It's the name of an American butterfly species of the Brangas order, and the males have an iridescent blue dorsal coloration (images of examples pinned by lepidopterists here: http://butterfliesofamerica.com/brangas_getus_specimens.htm).
3) It is -or was- a term used to denote the "gangsta" status of an individual so immersed in the culture that he (possibly she) was "gangsta" as a fetus.
4) It's a Southern slang term for reserves of money (the more common usage) or of motivation (akin to "being bothered enough to begin working on the solution").

In each of these cases, I believe the stress is on the first syllable. I'll have to dig deeper to find out if there's any instance of it being used as a family name or a personal name, though that wouldn't rule out a nickname.

You're surprisingly sparse in details on your encounter with the little girl (i.e.: when was the first time you saw her? What did she look like? Was she seeking your attention, or just curious about you? Is she the one playing on the stairs?), but detailed about the events of the knocking noise.

Please fill us in on the details, so we can better respond to your closing question. 😊

-Biblio.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-13)
Yes, it could be that things are attached to you and following you. It also could be that you are more sensitive than most people and can see and experience things they cannot. At any rate, nothing you have written about seems harmful or threatening. I would try to ignore them, although I know that is easier said than done. Acknowledging them gives them more power.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hi Miami,

I completely agree with rookdygin and Tweed, I wouldn't have said it better. I'd appreciate if you could clear those points because I think they can be crucial to understand your problem and therefore help you out.

Thank you.
Serenity_75 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-09)
I have had 'something' following me since I was 5 years old. I am now 40. Every single place we have lived there has been activity, and we have moved a lot. I am not sure what kind of advice to give you other than to let you know that you are not the only one this happens to. I have just learned to live with it. I recently moved into a new home about 9 months ago, and when we first moved in we pretended that there was no activity. We told ourselves maybe if we ignore it, it will go away. But, it only made it more active to make sure that we definitely knew 'it' was here. I don't even know if it's the same thing each time we move because some homes we feel comfortable and at ease and the things that happen are simple harmless things. Lights turning off and on, doors opening and closing, things missing and reappearing later in the same spots we looked a million times. But, some homes are different. Some homes make us uneasy, cause us to fight continuously, 'people' that aren't there push our kids down, scratch us or pinch us, or slam doors with such force that it jolts you awake from a dead sleep. The last house we lived in before now there was definitely something very bad there. I was alone one night and a man started screaming "kill me! Kill me!" over and over for a few minutes and then it was gone. It was the middle of the night, the windows were closed, our neighbors were asleep, there was no one outside. I went to bed and heard what sounded like static from a tv, which turned into a low growl, and then in a very low menacing voice it said my name. Not the name everyone calls me, but my full birth name. It was very creepy.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Hi Miami,

The shadow after the knock at the door, are you sure this was abnormal and not a branch or passing traffic? If this were me I'd be faaaarrr more concerned with this, and knocking, being a prowler. How did the dog react when this happened?

I agree with Rook, with the exception of the TV occurrence, all explainable factors need to be explored.

Thanks for sharing.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Scary. The TV, the knock, the devil, everything is scary. Sometimes they follow us when the haunting is not ordinary residual hauntings.

Or it can be a possibility that you are unlucky that you moved from one ghost house to another 😆

Thanks for Sharing! 😊
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Hello;

Do you ever get the impression that perhaps it's the same person you have felt at your other homes?

Your sister's imaginary friend, you said "Getus" (get us) turned evil, does she still have this "friend" around? If not, how did you get rid of it?

Thanks.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Ok, ok slow down a wee bit.

Former owner of the home, TV on and off, then saying he will let you sleep is the most detailed 'experience' you have shared with us, and that seems very non-violent, non-threatening.

So, is the 'new home' an older home?

Has it been checked for EMF levels?

Have cars passing by at night casting shadows on the wall with their headlights been ruled out?

Homes History, what is it?

Lots of children have imaginary friends, many of them are actually imaginary despite their wish (es) to 'kill the family'...oft times this is a child working out anger issues... How old was your sister when she had the imaginary friend or does she still have this imaginary friend?

I do not mean to be rude but a 'name like' "Getus" seems a wee bit horror storyish, not that I do not believe you are having some type of experiences... Its 'what' may be causing them that NEEDS to be questioned. Once everything normal and natural is ruled out then, and only then, can the paranormal be considered.

So please, more details on 'Getus' and the 'shadows' being seen moving about the house.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: