You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: What My Mother Wants

Real Ghost Stories

What My Mother Wants

 

Every since I was five years old I've been able to see and hear things that others can't. Sometimes it's just a feeling but most times I can catch something passing out of the corner of my eye, like a haze or a mist. There are others that I can plainly see.

In the days before my mother had the last stroke that would eventually rob her of her life, I think that she knew something was going to happen. She had started talking about how her mother had passed and at times we would hear her talking to someone. I stood in her bedroom door one day and watched and she definitely had company that I couldn't see. Whoever it was she was having a very good conversation with them. When I asked her who she was talking to she said, 'Nobody' but as soon as I walked out of the room she started talking again.

When the stroke happened she spent a week in the hospital. She had made me promise that when the time came for her to go she wanted to be at home. It was hard enough to make the decision to let her go but we brought her home so that she could pass in peace.

I took off from work so that I could be home to take care of her and all during that time I would see things at night. There was a mirror on the wall between my bedroom and hers. During the night before she passed. I would see images of someone or something in white passing by.

I felt no fear from whatever it was and I sensed that it was her family coming to take her home. She passed early that morning and I was holding her hand when she took her last breath and I literally felt her heat stop. Ever since then she has definitely made her presence known to me and my sisters.

She had always said that the house was hers until she died and it seems that even in the afterlife she doesn't want to let go. Both of my sisters have heard her. One of my sisters has often said that she wakes up in the middle of the night to see her standing in the door watching her and she feels protected.

For a while it was quiet in the house and then something started waking me up early in the morning by tapping on the bed. It wasn't a light tap either and was definitely coming from someone trying to wake me up. At first I thought it was my sister and I sat up, ready to tell her off when I realized that no one was there.

I thought that maybe I had been dreaming so I laid back down. I tried to go back to sleep but it happened again and continued to happen for the next few days. I just tried to blow it off due to stress at work but the tapping got harder and more insistent.

Finally, I had the idea that it was my mother and she was upset because we hadn't gotten her head stone yet due to financial problems. When we did get the head stone and had it placed the tapping stopped and I thought that she was satisfied. I should have known better.

A few weeks ago the tapping started again. Every time I started to fall asleep there was a hard tap on the bed that would wake me up. After about the fifth time I sat up and said, "Mama, I have to get up early. If you don't want me to fall asleep driving to work then stop it."

The tapping stopped. I haven't felt it for a few days now but I have the feeling that she'll be making a visit soon.

I'll just have to figure out what she wants.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suzieb1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Suzieb1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-14)
Thanks everyone! I used to work in a nursing home and even then I would see things and hear residents talk to someone that only they could see. One night I heard one of the residents laughing and when I asked her who she was talking to she said that it was her husband. He had passed away a few months before and she said that he was coming to take her home soon and a few days later he did.

Of course it hurt when a person that you took care of and cared for left this world but she was so happy to go that you could only be glad for her.

My mother was the same way. My father had died in the 70s and I have stories about that as well but my mother grew up having to be strong. If she left us anything it was that. 😊
garry1984 (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-14)
Mam this story is close to my heart because my mom used to talk to her family members as they came to take her in her last journey. Miss her a lot. I also feel her few times near me watching us 😭
rbasireddy (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-13)
Nice, heart warming encounter! Wish My mother could also communicate with me. I still feel miss her 😢
Myst (63 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Suzieb1: I used to work in Hospice homecare. Many, many times people would speak to deceased family or friends. Some were surprised I couldn't see or hear what they did; others just said it "isn't your time to see yet." None were upset or fearful, just genuinely happy to see/hear old friends and family.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hi Suzieb1:

What a great story. It sounds like your mother is still around letting her girls know what needs to be done. I hope when you find out what she wants you can share that with us.

How incredibly sweet. Love never dies, just our bodies.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hi Suzie,

Really liked your account! I can still remember that when my husband's granny was in her final days confined to a bed at my in-laws home, that she too would start talking to "them" when she was alone. When asked about it her reply would be something like "they want me to go with them..." but she used to say that with a sweet smile in her face! Now, thanks to you I know that it could have been real and not just her imagination.
RandyM made a beautiful comment... ☺
About the tapping, well she found her way of letting you know when she needs anything lol

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. ☺
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Suzieb

My condolences on the loss of your mother. I'm glad you were able to grant her wish to die at home.

I agree with val. Suzie you have to tell us what your mother wanted for the house and she is happy that it's going to happen. I'm nosey too val 😉.

Regards
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Suzie, not fair!;) You can't mention in comments that something your mom always wanted for the house is going to happen and not tell us what. I'm nosy, darlin', I've got to know! 😆 Seriously, I am curious.
I truly liked your account.
Suzieb1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Lady-glow, I have tried. Her favorite way of waking me up when she was with us was either hitting the bed or just standing there staring at me until I woke up. LOL Sometimes I think that she's doing it to get back at me for things I did when I was younger. LOL
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Welcome and thanks for sharing such an interesting story.

Have you tried asking your mother to communicate with you through your dreams? Since you are a sensitive this would be a more efficient way for her to tell you what she wants instead of the tapping sounds.

Just an idea. 😳
Suzieb1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Randy, Thank you! 😊

When she was still with us I was the one that she wanted to do everything after she became sick. I went from being the youngest to being the responsible one because she knew that if anything happened I would be the one to take care of it. In the end I was the one that had to make the decision to let her go. It was beyond hard but it was her wish that if she couldn't live life the way that she wanted she didn't want to stay. I remember that when we brought her home I asked her if she knew where she was. She nodded once, slightly smiled and that was the last time we really got a response.

I know that she's still here and its a real comfort to one of my sister's that is mentally challenged. She can sense her presence as well and has even said that she has woken up in the middle of the night feeling like she is being watched and she knows that it is our mother watching over her.

Recently something that she always wanted for the house is going to happen and I have the feeling now that that was what she was trying to get my attention for. I know that she would have been happy to see it happen even if others think its nothing special. 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
RandyM,
Very well said! 😊
When I read your response it definitely warmed my heart.

Thanks for writing that
Spiritwaiting
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Suzieb1

Welcome to YGS
I loved your story and have no doubts about any of it.
You should know there is a great deal of research on "Deathbed Visitations"
In other words, when someone is in the final phases of passing,
Those who have crossed over and loved that living person will come back to help them with the transition to the other side.
Many times the person passing spends more time in that world with those people as their body shuts down. The human body fights to live and the process can take longer than we like at times.
It certainly sounds like your Mother is keeping her word.
Talk to her when you like. I promise you that she can hear you.
Address her and tell her what's on your mind just like when she was alive. Really, she still is alive as the spirit never dies and she exist now without the worn out body she once had to contend with.
I'm glad you can sense her and I hope it brings you peace.

Randy
Suzieb1 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Thank you! 😊
I'm sure she'll let me know when she wants us to do something again. She always said that the house was hers until she died and she was a Lady that meant what she said. LOL

I have a couple more stories that I hope to write out soon and I'm glad that I found this site. True hauntings really fascinate me. 😊
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Your mother being with you definitely sounds like a positive presence yet this account is creapy. Specially a lady in white passing by the mirror. Yes it could be your ancestors.
Honestly I wanted to say that the mysterious conversation of your mother was due to stroke but as I read further my opinion changed.

And as far as the tapping is concerned, she wants something again. Just find it out. 😊 Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

Regards 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: