You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Battlefield Ghost - Vicksburg

Real Ghost Stories

Battlefield Ghost - Vicksburg

 

Wednesday, August 3, 2016. 1:40PM

The Siege of Vicksburg Battlefield

I decided to drive to Huntsville, Alabama for a weekend with some good friends. After arriving in Vicksburg, Mississippi and checking in at my hotel, I decided to on a tour of the Battlefield. I paid my $12.00 and drove through the gates. On either side of me were statues, plaques and engraved stones with names, dates, ranks and other important data. I was behind Union lines. It felt so strange to be there on an actual Civil War Battlefield. I didn't know what to expect.

It was a hot, clear Summer day. As I was drove slowly through the park, I would sometimes park, get out and take pictures of the area I was in. One area stated that I was in a place commanded by troops from Illinois. I came to a Civil War canon. I decided to get out of the car and get some photos of it. It was just outside a thicket of trees and brush aiming towards enemy lines. After turning on m camera, I looked up at the thicket of trees... And froze! There, just to my right few yards away was a Union Soldier. He was wearing blue and carried a rifle... And I could see right through him! He took a step and vanished! He did not seem to be aware of me. I am pretty sure it was a residual ghost. As I rounded a turn I saw hundreds of graves of the men who had fought and died there. As the afternoon dragged on, I decided to head back to my hotel but as I drove on, I got the feeling of being lost. I finally headed for the gate and headed for the hotel. I dictated all the facts into my iPhone because I couldn't get online last night.

This is the first battlefield ghost I have ever seen as well as my first residual ghost.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghoster2K, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

twelveam (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-20)
WOW Ghoster2K! INCREDIBLE! I was in a similar situation back in May of 2014. My mother and I went on a 3 day camping trip to the U.P. Of Michigan copper harbor area. We walked through a old army fort (I can't remember which fort it was at the moment) but we were there alone and my mother who is a psychic/medium saw the spirit of a young soldier come out of the blacksmith shed and disappear behind a tree! I WISH at that moment I was able to see that soldier spirit as well, but she was the only one looking in that direction. I was EXTREMELY EXCITED for what just happened even though I wasn't able to see it myself. Being there alone, just the 2 of us and that happening gave me the chills!

You were able to witness a great thing by seeing an apparition dating back to that era! Blessings to you, and I hope you get another chance to have another incredible experience!

Twelveam
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
That is an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing, Ghoster. It's like a one in a lifetime chance to have that happen and witness the apparition whether residual or "intelligent".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: