You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat Visit

 

I have been reading the stories on the site for some time now and really enjoy the depth and detail from the members. I just wanted to post a strange experience that both my wife and I experienced. Many years ago I was in the Army and was back in London on leave. My girlfriend, who would end up being my wife and I decided to visit my mother one afternoon.

Whilst my mum was in the kitchen my wife and I noticed my mums cat walk down the stairs and into the living room. The cat stopped in the middle of the lounge and looked at the pair of us in turn before casually walking into the kitchen. This in itself was not a front page story however the cat had always been very skittish and would always run and hide from people apart from my mum. I just thought that the cat was chilling out in her twilight years and we both remarked how brave she had become.

A few days later I returned to my base, leave finished and back to army type things. After a week or so I was on the phone talking with my mum, when as an afterthought I mentioned to her that her cat had got brave in its old age. My mum asked me what I meant, and I explained how her cat and strolled into the lounge and had paused to stop and check out the guests. You can only imagine my surprise when my mum explained that her cat had been dead for a good three months! My mother had not previously mentioned this to me as I had been posted overseas. I had no clue that her cat had died. The most interesting thing about this story is that my wife and I both saw the same cat, at the same time, in the same room. The only rather odd thing being that the cat we saw had been dead for at least two months. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ciderrider, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-27)
My roommates old cat always comes on the bed and lays on me. I can feel a cat walking on my stomach and legs but when I look over, I can't see her! But I talked to his dad and he also sees her all over the house.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-25)
It's so heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet, I agree, but it's comforting in a way to know they can stay around in a different form.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
It always hurts when I read or hear that someone's fury family member had passed away, always so sad.

I do believe that our fury family members will come back as a spirit when they passed away. What I had experience is that they will come and calm us and cure us one last time before their trip away from us (or this world). Please tell her to protect your mother while she is alone.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: