You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: There's Something In The Closet...😱

Real Ghost Stories

There's Something In The Closet...😱

 

I'd like to say this is my first story I've put on here so I hope you enjoy 😊. So this happened when I was around 7 years old. It was me, my brother, and sister, we all lived in Indiana at the time, I'm not sure exactly what town it was but we lived out in the country in the middle of nowhere. We lived with an old lady I'm not sure who she really was, she was a friend of my dad's I guess.

Well anyways one night, me, my brother, and sister were in bed, we all had to share the same room and the same bed as well (I'm the oldest by the way) my brother was 6 and my sister was 4 at the time. So while we were in bed I decided it was fun to try and scare my brother and sister by telling them scary stories and they got upset and went and told the old lady we lived with, she was in the living room watching TV at the time. So when they went and told her she had me sleep separate in her daughters room. Her daughter was staying the night at a friends that night, I think it was a Friday night when this happened I can't really remember exactly, but I know it was a weekend. When she had me sleep in her daughters room it was pitch black the only light in that room was from the moon, and the moon light was only on my bed that was it. Now at the time I wasn't afraid of the dark so I wasn't thinking about monsters under my bed or anything. When I was laying there I was starting to fall asleep when I heard what sounded like something tapped against a glass jar in the closet, or something glass.

After that I was wide awake, and I thought well I'm a kid so it's probably my Imagination. I tried to go back to sleep and then all of a sudden I heard a man in the closet trying to whisper to me but loud enough for me to hear it. Now there were no men that lived there at the time my brother was the only male that lived there and obviously he was 6 so he didn't sound like a man. My father was up in Michigan at the time working.

The man in the closet said "hey, hey you come here". I don't know if I was brave or stupid but I got up in the pitch black and went to look in the closet and didn't see anything, so then I decided to turn on the light and looked again and nothing was in there. I looked everywhere after that, under the bed etc. I didn't find anybody. I was extremely freaked out by this time so I went in the living room and told the lady we lived with that there was a man in the closet, and of course she didn't believe me, at that point I started crying and was freaking out and kept telling her that I wasn't going in there and that I heard someone in the closet. After a few minutes she finally told me that I could sleep in the same room my brother and sister was in.

Ever since then I've been afraid of the dark and I'm 30 now. My fear of the dark has gotten better but I do still get scared sometimes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thelambinator86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
-3
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
Lady Glow brings up an excellent point. Maybe it was the old lady pretending to be a spirit to teach you a lesson.

Barring that I guess she could know (from her daughter) of the spirit residing in the closet and decided to use the knowledge to teach you a lesson. (Pretty cruel of her if that was the case!)

Anyways closets scare the bejeebers out of me. I have had so many run ins with freaky closets that even the normal ones in my bedroom give me a bit of a chill at night if they are ajar!

Thank god my vocal closet ghosts spoke at such a volume that I couldn't make out the words! Don't know what I would have done if I had understood them.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-17)
OMG I would have soaked my panties if I were in that situation as a child. I used to see shadow people when I was little but only ever heard them when I was about 12 and that scares the poop out of me. Not literally though thank god lol. Thank you for sharing your story 😊
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-08)
As the room was pitch-black, someone could have hid themselves the closet and you'd be none the wiser. Still, it was a frightening experience for a child.

Fear of the dark is one of our most basic, primal instincts. We imagine all manner of scary, dangerous things lurking there. That is why the First Man built fire - to illuminate the dark and keep away the predators.

Knowledge is another flame that lights all dark corners. If you fill your heart, your mind and life with light, it will chase away the darkness. Some find comfort in God or their religion of choice, others rely on loves ones or the bright spark of intellect and logic. You should try to find that illuminating light to light your way and free you from this fear.

Then again, I never go anywhere without my trusty Maglite... 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-07)
Did you ever ask the lady's daughter if she ever heard the man calling her to come to the closet? Would it be possible that a talking toy or a tape recorder was stored in the closet? Have you considered the possibility of the lady making the noises and feigning the voice in order to scare you and teach you a lesson?

I imagine how scared you felt hearing those noises while staying in an unfamiliar room, and I would't expect you to investigate what was going on considering your age at that time but, it would be great to let go of those fears.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: