You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It Magic?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Magic?

 

Actually, I did not personally witnessed the event, my mom and other relatives did.

It happened I think in the middle to latter part of 2017.

Last year, my tita found out that she was pregnant. When she told her daughters (she currently has 3 beautiful daughters - eldest is already working (23), middle child is currently at college (20) and youngest is in grade school (10). The girls got mad and upset because they don't want another sibling since their family is having a hard time budgeting their finances everyday. My tito is a company driver, earning minimum rate. Their eldest daughter just started working right after graduation. And they still have 2 students.

One time, my tita bled so they rushed her to the hospital due to possible miscarriage. But, when the doctor checked her up, THERE WAS NO BABY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The doctor just gave her medications.

One day, when she was having a conversation with her amiga, an old woman approached her and said "Iha, nabarang ka. Pero kaya kitang gamutin, wag lang ngayon, babalik ako bukas ng umaga." (Lady, you got victimized by a witch. But I can help you just not now. I'll be back tomorrow morning).

The next day, the old woman came back. My mom was there that time because she visited their mother so she witnessed everything.

The old woman, with her rituals and spells, put some oil in my tita's womb. She also spread the oil all around my tita's body. After that, my mom, together with all their siblings present, saw what the old woman got from the body of my tita - very small black stones with some little flies. The woman said that there was a witch who got so envy and angry with my tita. That girl likes my tito (tita's husband) and she wants my tita to suffer and be ugly so my tito will leave her.

The old woman said that this witch is a powerful one, using black magic very well.

At first I did not believe my mom because I did not see it. I even told my mom that maybe that old woman was just good in using magic. You know like David Blane and all.

After the ritual, tita went back to the doctor and the doctor found nothing.

Until now I find it very hard to believe.

Other hauntings by majarlika012

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, majarlika012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-28)
Amor, thanks for weighing in on this, looking forward to reading your story (ies). 😳
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-28)
Beaut_Inside... Thank you for taking a balanced approach to this, I'm sorry you and the rest of YGS forumners have had to read through this "spat".

Lady-glow... No need to explain to me the intracacies of menopause, my medical training has already done that. I am perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree, as I had NO ISSUES with your opinion in the first place, while you evidently have yours with mine. As I don't wish to torture the rest of the forumners with what (to me) is an insignificant matter, so I'll let it rest here, and can only hope you will too.
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Stories such as this are common here in the Philippines. Even in cities! I still bear a scar from an alleged witch, who posed as a therapist of some sort, much like the good witch in this story. I will share the story in this site.

I have a friend who is a biology major who fell victim to a 'barang'. She got wounds all over her body that were like sores but sand and insects would crawl out and fall off from the open wounds. When she was healed by a good witch doctor, no trace of scar was visible afterwards at all, as if it never happened. It would have scarred if it were infected terribly. She said she is a scientist but still could not explain what happened to her. She is okay now. Either she imagined it or it really happened.

Thank you for your story, Majarlika.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Anno_Domini,

I was trying to be discret and leave this conversation between you and Lady-glow only... But I couldn't, so I'm sorry for crashing in (no pun intended).
I'd just like to say that I also share from a bit of your beliefs because if we are to believe in good I think we should also admitt the existence of evil. So, as lady-glow, I do respect your opinion.
In this particular case, and even though you are very familiar with South East Asian customs and the occult is surely very present in those cultures, lady-glow is seeing it through. If majarlika012's aunt had actually suffered a miscarriage there would have to be something remaining as proof in her womb (for instance blood). However, as far as I understood the doctor did not classify the situation as a miscarriage "...THERE WAS NO BABY IN THE FIRST PLACE"- there was no baby but there had to be some remainings of the embryo.

The case is, we have to keep an open mind but we have to keep it for both sides.

Now I'd like to finish by saying that I believe you have a deep knowledge in the occult and probably might have assisted to some situations that proved that there really is black magic. But in this case I firmly believe that it was a natural process that happens in women bodies.

God bless you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Anno_Domini:

It's a little awkward and hard to explain to a guy how this works, but I'll try my best.

Most women will suspect to be pregnant once their period stops, though this doesn't mean that all of them will use a pregnancy test to confirm their suspicions.

"...it would be safe to assume that "found out that she was pregnant" would imply at least that there was medical evidence in the form of a positive test..."

Most pregnancy tests measure the presence of a hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin), that is only present in a woman's blood and urine if she is pregnant. No baby in the oven, no hormone, thus, the result for a pregnancy test would have been negative, therefore, why would she suspect/worry about a possible miscarriage when she bled if the test had been negative?
From my personal point of view, this suggests the lady assumed to be pregnant without the validation of a pregnancy test.

"...the sudden materialisation of corporeal foreign bodies is a common symptom of demonic work."

Would this mean that those 'foreign bodies' were inside the person's body? Do you have any idea of the immune response an organism as complex as a fly would trigger from the infected person?

Have you ever gotten a sliver or a little piece of glass in one of your fingers? If you haven't, I bet you know someone who has, and surely have seen the reaction of their body around the foreign object. Can you imagine what should have happened if "very small black stones with some little flies" had been present in the woman's womb?

It would be interesting to know what test/s were performed at the hospital "...when the doctor checked her up, THERE WAS NO BABY IN THE FIRST PLACE."
IF it was an ultrasound, it would have shown any anomalies present in the woman's uterus.

Please do not think that I'm denying the existence of black magic and demonic possession but, in this particular case I suspect the healer put a good act together... Specially if she got any remuneration for her services.

In my opinion, it is important to first consider as many logical explanations for a problem before jumping to the paranormal/witchcraft/bad juju conclusion... But without discarding it.

Lastly, what do you think about the following video?:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wu6dP6Hnts
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-25)
lady_glow, firstly the poster's aunt is a woman in her 40s with 2 grown and educated daughters. I imagine it would be safe to assume that "found out that she was pregnant" would imply at least that there was medical evidence in the form of a positive test. As they are generally >95% accurate, so let's go with the more probable explanation.

Secondly, the sudden materialisation of corporeal foreign bodies is a common symptom of demonic work. For this there are no scientific studies (for obvious reasons -- science does not study what it cannot test), but many anecdotal accounts give credence to it (you can read a book that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding -- "An Exorcist Tells His Story" by Gabriele Amorth, who was a Catholic exorcist -- for some accounts).

In God's love, AD.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
Anno_Domini.
First of all, the golden rule "rule out all the logical explanations before assuming something to be paranormal".

Reasons why a woman stops menstruating:
- pregnancy
- menopause
- anemia

The lady in the story is in her early 40's so, even if "Asians reach menopause later than Caucasians, so it is VERY common for ladies to bear children well into their 40s", this is not an unbendable fact and every woman is different.

I'm sure many people go to witch doctors but, what is their level of literacy and their access to medical services?
Even more important, what is the rate of healing/recovery compared to the same ailment when treated by a physician?

Do I believe that science knows all the answers? - No, I don't, and I know that there are too many unexplained things in the world and many people whom don't mind to take advantage of the superstitions, and the ignorance and the good faith of the people around them.

Besides, even the O/P doesn't believe the events in the narrative to be paranormal. 😉

"... I just want people who are oppressed to know what my views are and what options are available to them."

Curiously, in your previous comment you seem to close the door to any possibilities for the lady's condition other than black magic.

"...it seem evident that your aunt is a victim of black magic..."

I guess is up to majarlika to decide what to believe.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-23)
lady-glow... While you always say that you "respect" my opinion, I can't help but feel a tinge of condescension in your words. Just as I don't share your view on "spirit guides", I always refrain tell you my opinion on them (out of respect), I only express my take on the poster's story, as should be the case in this forum.

Also, as you are not acquainted with South East Asian (Philippine, Malasian, Indonesian, Thai, etc) customs and beliefs as I am (I should know, I live here), let me explain a little to you. It is very common for folk to visit witch doctors / folk healers / bomohs / etc for ailments, even small ones. This is especially true in the rural and suburban areas. Majarlika012 can attest to this I'm sure. It's like westerners going to the clinic for a cold. Yes, some of them may be charlatans, but a good number of them also truly dabble in the occult. You can also find occult items on sale at shops if you know where to look. The occult world is very real. You might see some benefit to read up on the culture here.

Interesting fact, Asians reach menopause later than Caucasians, so it is VERY common for ladies to bear children well into their 40s (like my relatives). One last thing, this forum is very anti-God and anti-Christian for some reason (unless one practices a very liberal interpretation of "Christianity"), so the downvotes don't bother me, I just want people who are oppressed to know what my views are and what options are available to them.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-02-21)
lady-glow - Oh no, I feel totally crushed! Am I to believe that dancing naked under the blue moon won't cure me of my various maladies? Well I refuse to believe you - it saves me a fortune in medical bills.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-21)
Anno_Domini: I guess it's safe to say that God cursed women with menopause... And no pastor, or priest, or exorcism, or dancing naked under the light of the blue moon is ever going to give any protection against this malady!

With all due respect and no offense intended but, even if this forum is meant to discuss paranormal events, we should be open to consider other more logical explanations to some of the published experiences. 😘

And no, I didn't downvote your comment, even if I don't share it, I respect your opinion.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
Hi majar, it seem evident that your aunt is a victim of black magic. Yes evil spirits (demons) can be summoned by black magic practicioners. You can read the book "Father Amorth - Memoirs of an Exorcist" where one of the exorcists in the Catholic church recounts his experiences in an interview. Many of his cases are similar to your aunt's. Best to ask your aunt to consult with a pastor or priest at your local church, going to mediums or spiritual healers etc will likely only prolong or even worsen the condition.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
Lady-glow: Actually that's why I named this story with the title "Was it Magic?" because I think the old woman just performed some I-don't-know-what-you-call that move. Hahaha.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-18)
majarlika: at that age, it is possible that your tita is starting menopause, one of the symptoms being the lost of her menstrual periods, hence assuming that she was pregnant only to bleed again and mistaking it for a miscarriage.

Check the following video, it is possible that the 'witch' put on a similar performance for your relatives, minus the gore:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ElzxjoLbmo
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-18)
Hi [at] lady-glow, my tita is in her early 40's.
I also recalled what my mom said. She said that this old woman claimed to have a dwarf friend who's helping her in healing those people with supernatural sickness.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-18)
Hmm... How old is your tita? Is she around perimenopausel age?
Would it be possible that the 'witch' was only trying to cash out of your tita's fears and superstitions?

Anyway, I'm glad she's doing fine and that you are doubtful of that explanation. It's not easy to go against our ancestors' beliefs but, this is the XXI century and we can not ignore science.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: