You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Horror Of That Night: Stranger Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Horror Of That Night: Stranger Girl

 

This is a real incident that me and my friend 'X' encountered. The story begins as...

My friend 'X' had a night stay at my house as exams were near and we needed to study. It was dark outside, the time would have been probably around 12:30 am. Everybody at my home was asleep except for me and my friend.

We were bored studying, so I started narrating a horror story to her. I talked about various haunted locations and the story behind them. She was scared to her wits. She asked me to stop, I giggled. The next morning she left for her home and was supposed to come to my place by evening. She came.

We ate and it was night again. We started studying. Everybody was asleep. Just after a while we heard knocking sound on my room's door from outside. (one door from my room opens outside towards the veranda which is further connected to the main gate of the house.)

We wondered as to who could be at this hour to knock my door from outside. Puzzled I opened the door. I saw a girl standing, she looked familiar but I wasn't able to recognize her. I asked her the reason for her appearance at my place at this time, she answered - please let me in.

We were surprised. On further interrogation she said that she had been to her boyfriend's place and told her parents that she was going to her friend's. She had a serious fight with her boyfriend and she walked out of his place. And now she cannot go back to her home for now as her lie would be exposed.

I just thought to myself that why doesn't she goes back to her boyfriend's place instead of crawling into mine? And why out of all the other houses she chose my house to barge in?

I was still wondering about her and on the other hand my friend let her in. I whispered to my friend saying that I don't even know her. My friend convinced me to let her stay. I still was wondering whether I know her or not. But then I thought that may be she has genuine reason and maybe we could help. So I somehow convinced myself to let her stay.

She told that her name was 'Swati' and she lived nearby. I thought that this is why I might be feeling that I know her. But anyhow she looked strange. She didn't talked much but kept on staring at us. That made us feel weird. The atmosphere was kind of strange and tensed. Both of us didn't tried to talk to her much and pretended to bury ourselves into books while the reality was that we were not able to concentrate for a single second and kept feeling uneasy.

It was 2:30 am, me and my friend were damn sleepy. We asked her if we could switch off the lights and sleep. She just nodded her head. We were lying on bed and she was sitting on the chair in front of us. I asked her if she needed something, to which she replied very strangely by saying that 'at some point you have no requirements of any sorts and you have to leave everything behind. And I guess I won't be needing anything now.'

I felt disgusted and turned my back and tried to sleep, all this while blaming my friend for letting her in. My friend also now had the same thoughts about that girl. After a while I got up to drink water; my friend had fallen asleep, it was dark and I just saw a shadow on the chair. At first I got scared, but then I realized that she was Swati. I just spoke to her while drinking water. I asked her that why isn't she lying down as she must be tired sitting but there was no response.

I thought she might have fallen asleep while sitting on chair itself. So I turned on the lights and what I saw was unbelievable. Nobody was on the chair. I was so numb and I woke up my friend after few seconds and told her what had happened.

She wasn't able to believe, but I was damn sure that I had seen her shadow on the chair. Scared and puzzled I checked the door of my room and to our surprise it was locked from inside, so there was no way that she would have left. I still opened the door and looked outside. There was no one.

We both were surprised and confused. Just then I looked at the main gate and this gave me shock of lifetime. The gate was locked from inside. How could have I forgotten that every night before going to sleep my parents used to lock the main gate from inside.

We sensed that something horribly went wrong with us. Forget about her leaving the room, how could she had even entered the house at the first placed because it was locked from inside.

We got back to my room and were unable to sleep for the rest of the night. Next day my friend left. I asked my parents if they knew any Swati from our neighborhood. But they refused to recognize any such girl.

Shocked and amused I kept on thinking that who that girl was and why she came to my house. But one thing was for sure, whoever she was, but she was definitely not a human being.

Other hauntings by Aakanksha10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aakanksha10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SAMthedude (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-17)
Truly scary 😨... I agree with terraginma maybe it's some lonesome spirit who just want some company for that night😅... But it was really horrific. It probably gave you nightmares the whole time. If I were in your place then I would have fainted right on the spot. Cool story though 😁
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-05)
[at] wintermoon22 well I always have scary or disturbing dreams. I have never encountered her again.
Wintermoon22 (2 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Your story scared me along with the other one lol. But I found it crazy how the girl wasn't there anymore. Do you ever get scared sleeping in your room? Hopefully you didn't invite what ever it was too come back because you let it come in. Honestly after reading some of these stories I'm starting to get more curious about the paranormal. Gosh don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.- Nick
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-14)
Maybe she was a lonely spirit who just needed some one friendly to spend an evening with?

I think what you and your friend did for her was very kind. 😊
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
[at] catleyablu yes I always trust my instincts as they rarely fail. They are mostly true. May be that can be the case that she didn't wanted to harm. I have had encounters with spirits but haven't been harmed by them.
catleyablu (17 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-06)
Hi there, Aakanksha10!

I have to say that this experience is pretty scary, but I think you'd be sure enough now to follow your instincts when you feel negatively about something / someone... Not saying that the entity is negative but maybe it's best to just steer clear.

I also, on the other hand, think that this spirit was probably drawn to you girls and thought spending her last moments on earth with you was probably better than anywhere else, especially if you weren't harm physically/mentally? Just my opinion. Thank you for sharing!
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
[at] sushantkar well ready my answer to radha's query and I hope that will give you some clarification on why it might not be staged. Yes, surely it was creepy. 😨
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
[at] gypsyking410 hey there, well I have had many such experiences, there was a time when I used to tell it to my parents but they firstly didn't believed and then started to panic. So I prefer not to tell them any such incidents now.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-02)
Hello Akanksha! Although there are some doubts, but still creepy experience you had.
Radha, in her below comment may had a point they it could be staged.

Regards
gypsyking410 (13 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-02)
Hi Aakanksha, did you narrate the incident to your parents? What did they have to say?

I hope you have shared the exp with them and not keeping it to yourself.
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-27)
[at] rbasireddy well that possiblitiy is ruled out because even if she had let her out of the room she couldn't have let her out of the house as the the main door was locked from inside. My parents lock it every night before going to sleep and the key is with them only. The main gate as well as the walls surrounding it are too huge to jump off from so one can only go out if they have the main gate open.
Secondly, I saw her shadow before turning on the light. I am damn sure. Had this all been a set up too, then from where did that shadow appeared on the chair and how it disappeared as soon as I turned on the lights.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Maybe it was some sort of a test - it reminds me of the yarn about the old hag asking the prince for shelter in the opening of "Beauty and the Beast" - he refused and was turned into a beast for his lack of compassion. Are there any legends of spirits that pull this sort of routine in your culture?

Just a thought but the best association my mind could come up with - maybe it's the cold meds - mind if I share the blankie just in case?
rbasireddy (11 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
Hey Aakanksha, just my few cents... May be your friend (X) had set up this act. As you had scared her the previous day, she wanted to scare you the next day. She must have let the girl out of the room as soon as you slept and locked it back. The girl must have jumped over the gate and left the house.

Radha 😊
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
[at] Melda hey! Well things were fishy. Yes I also wonder why my house? She could have gone to any house. There are so many nearby. And I also wonder that why we let her in? Especially me, because I never let strangers in. I wasn't willing to but then wasn't even able to stop her from entering. I felt a continuous feeling of unease and discomfort while her stay. She didn't talk much and just kept staring either at the ceiling or towards the window or at us. Creepy... Well as for parents, the thing is that Indian parents do not really welcome these kind of incidents. They would straight away tell you to get rid of that person. And if the story Swati told was even correct then also it is relatable to most Indian kids as Indian parents don't welcome your bf/gf in a glad manner so most of the teens/youngsters hide their relationship from their parents. I somehow feel that somewhere something was insisting us to let her in, it didn't matter whether we were comfortable with it or not.

As for her chances of being a burglar, the chances were quite faint because we never had any such incidents in our area so definitely that wasn't a thing that would have come to our minds then. I don't even know why? May be such a thought could have come in our minds that she is a thief or something but nothing actually came to our minds. I myself wonder why?

You can figure out a lot of 'WHYs' in my story.
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
[at] rex-T well I have 2 entries to my room. The main is connected to veranda. If you turn to your left from the main gate and walk through the veranda you have entry to my room. The other entry to my house is of you walk straight from the main gate there is a door ahead which opens to the hall of my house. The other door to my room is connected to the hall. That means one entry into my room is from inside of the house; via hall, and the other is out from the veranda from where Swati came.
Now the thing is that every night before going to sleep I lock both the doors of my room.
Swati knocked the door which opens to the veranda. So any which ways she had come through the main gate, which was locked from inside and this was the element that I completely eliminated. Maybe the spirits affect the way you think or even have a control over your thinking.
Yes I also interpret the same thing that she knew that she has passed away and why she told me that story and whether it was true or not, only she knows.
She didn't lock me up or anything else. I guess she just wanted to see whether or not we let her in. May be she would have harmed us if we didn't let her in.
Aakanksha10 (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-26)
[at] lady-glow well I had a good exam but that thought never left my mind. Yes I tried to find out if there was any girl by such name in my neighborhood but I couldn't find any such girl. I really wonder who she was and why she came to my house and what was her motive. I am sure she didn't do anything. May be she just wanted to check if I would let her in or not and things might have taken turn for worse if I hadn't. Maybe... Who knows?

Hahahaha I don't know whether it was because I was narrating horror stories. But I have had many paranormal experiences and so far I have learnt that talking about spirits definitely attracts their attention, its just that you don't know what kind of spirit it is.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-25)
Aakanksha10,

I'm a little confused about some aspects of your story. Maybe you can help me out.

How many entries does your room have? If the only one is the door to the veranda and the main gate, are you saying that it has a deadlock? That is to say, you need a key to lock/unlock from either the outside or inside.

Does this mean that while Swati made her escape, she also locked you into your room? That seems a bit malevolent.

Swati's response to your question 'at some point you have no requirements of any sorts and you have to leave everything behind. And I guess I won't be needing anything now.' indicates to me that she already knows she has passed, and, therefore her story about the boyfriend and lying to her parents doesn't stack up.

Hope you can clarify with a bit more detail.

Melda, I know how you feel. When you get to my senior age I feel chills even in the middle of summer and require a blanket (from time to time).

Rex-T
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
Aakanksha10 - To be very honest, I don't quite know what to make of your story.

There are a few things which bother me about your experience. As you quite correctly say, why would Swati come knocking at your door? I suppose it is possible that she knew the house from a previous time.

Then she spins a whole story about a fight with the boyfriend and that she had lied to her parents, so she needed a place to spend the night. You even opened the door without first enquiring about who was there? Not clever. The most logical thing for you and your friend to have done would have been to call your parents and let them deal with the situation. This girl could have been a set-up for a burglary with her mates hanging around in the background.

For how long did Swati hang around while you and your friend were studying and eventually decided to go to bed at 02:30 and how much time had lapsed between then and you had a drink of water, seeing the shadow in the chair? Switch on the lights and, knock me down with a feather, Swati has done a disappearing trick!

I feel a little chilly at the moment - maybe I need a blankie to warm me up.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
I bet you got a good mark in your exams, not any one is as lucky as to summon a spirit to their doorstep just by telling horror stories, and then having such a long and very well detailed conversation with it as the one you had.

Do you know if any girl under that name was ever missing in your neighborhood? Next time try talking about Princess Diana, with your luck, she'll come knocking to your door.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: