You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts A Part Of Life

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts A Part Of Life

 

I'm a 19 year old girl from the west of Scotland, myself and my family have always had connections with ghosts and spirits and talk openly about them so it's quite normal for us. I live in an old miner's cottage which was built in the 1800's and before I lived there my uncle and cousins did.

One day I watched my cousin as she sat at the bottom of the stairs looking up, I asked what she was looking at and she just replied with 'the man on the stairs'.

A few years later I moved in with my mum and sure enough every night I can hear distinct heavy footsteps walking up and down the stairs. He seems to be pretty chill and I've never felt threatened in the house with him. He's affectionately named the man on the stairs.

Another time I was having trouble in my own room with a spirit and would wake up with things thrown on me and my belongings moved. I wasn't able to sleep in my own room for about a month until I finally went to my parish priest who agreed to come and bless my house for me and the trouble died down there but every now and then I begin to feel very uneasy in my room. Not sure if I should get it blessed again as I definitely do not want it to get as bad as it was before.

I can happily sit in the presence of ghosts as long as we both go about our own business and I do not feel threatened.

I've had many more encounters many not in my house which I would be happy to share as I've tried to talk to my friends about it but they're very sceptical and it's not easy to talk about it with them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlynch1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Serenflipppity (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
Welcome to YGS. Here you'll find friends with whom you can definitely share all your ghostly encounters and experiences.

I was also going to refer you to rookdygin's profile for the cleansing method that many long-standing members swear by.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and I look forward to reading more - especially since you're so at ease in the presence of ghousties. ^.^
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
Welcome to YGS! Maybe house blessings are sort of like cleansings in that sometimes it takes multiple goes and periodic renewals. If you are comfortable talking to your pastor about it again - a second blessing certainly couldn't hurt. Have you thought about having a blessed item in your room (saints medal, religious icon, family heirloom, holy water - most anything can be blessed)? Or you could try a cleansing on your own. There are different methods from various denominations to be found on the internet and one in particular that is intentionally religion neutral shared here on the profile of rookdygin.

Welcome again! We look forward to hearing more of your experiences and more about your interesting home:-)
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-07)
This is very interesting. I, for one, would love to read more of your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: