You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Girl Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl Ghost

 

The story goes back to 1975 when my family; my mother, brother, sister and brand new niece; moved to a new home in south Minneapolis. We were forced to move for my mothers' health, she required a first floor bedroom.

Shortly after moving in our father, my mom's ex, moved in to help with the bills and built himself a room in the basement. Early on there were some odd occurrences, my father (an extremely early riser, 3 to 4 am) would hear a baby crying from the upstairs rooms where I sister was living with her new baby, however it was not the baby; she would be sound asleep.

On two occasions my sister woke in the middle of the night and looked over to the crib in the next room (it is an open floor plan with large archway doorways without doors) and notice a little girl standing next to the crib. She would simply blow it off and go back to sleep.

On one occasion a few years later my father, again the early riser, was standing in the doorway between the living room and dining room (a regular habit of his) he was looking out the picture window at the front of the house, just checking out the neighborhood. On this occasion he decided to look down next to him and there was a little girl standing next to him. He looked up and upon realizing what he saw he looked back and she was gone. By the time of this event my sister had married and moved out with her daughter.

Also, after my sister did move my dad said that the crying he heard from upstairs had become more frequent.

On to a couple of experiences of friends of the family that were quite odd. A few years after my sister moved out I took the upstairs area as my own, basically three rooms to myself. We decided to rent my old bedroom to a friend of mine who needed a place to stay.

One night he came home with his girlfriend and went directly to his room, my mom and I had been in the living room watching television. He came back a few minutes later and asked if I had been upstairs, when I said no he got a puzzled look on his face. He said as they pulled up out front that they looked to the upstairs windows and saw someone putting boards over the windows from the inside. Being as I was the one who had to sleep up there this made me a bit uncomfortable. When I finally went to bed (and I delayed it as long as possible) there was nothing out of place in the room, no boards on the window.

The other person to witness something odd from outside the house was my brother's girlfriend, they had come over for a family gathering and noted that when she pulled up, she too looked to the upstairs window and said there was a little girl standing in the window waving at them, there was no one upstairs at this time.

Now I can get to the personal experiences I had. The first was a couple of years before my mother and father passed away, the only people living in the house at the time were my parents and I. It was nearing Christmas and we had a metal wardrobe in what was once my bedroom, my mom had asked me to check for one of the gifts to make sure we didn't get a duplicate. I walked back to check and the cabinet was locked, I went to the kitchen to look for the key on key rack we kept inside the kitchen door. The would usually be kept here, it wasn't anywhere on the rack. I walked back to the bedroom to check if the key was in there, no luck. I went back to the rack one last time to make sure I didn't miss it, still not there. Finally as I was walking back to the bedroom I stepped on something sharp and metal, the key was there on the floor between the kitchen and the bedroom. This could be explained in many ways, the that room had just been vacuumed that day, the key would have been sucked up.

My last experience is the most odd, my wife to be and I were at the house cleaning up much of the debris left by my moving out, we had finished cleaning and were sitting at the dining room table we were leaving behind. We were sitting talking about my family and my recently deceased parents, I noted that the hall light was on and asked her to remind to turn it off before we left. This light is an old round florescent build with a pull chain. About an hour later were finally ready to leave and I remembered that I needed to turn off that light, however when I looked to hall the light was off and we had not moved from the table, we we're also alone in the house. I went and pulled the chain a couple of times to make sure the light worked and there were no problems. It was then we decided to leave as soon as possible.

I have not been in the house since 1991, but it remains in the family with my sister and husband living there now. They have not reported any new occurrences, but I keep asking.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rather long story.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chasman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
How interesting, Chasman. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here. You will find a lot of support and sometimes a bit of skepticism here, but generally shown in a friendly way 😉.
I would say that someone was seeking out help in Crossing Over. Even though you did not see her yourself, she did let her presence be known to you.
Thank you.
Chasman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I'm been very tempted to get a history of the property, the house itself is just a bit over 100 years old. It's like that someone has passed in that long a time.

We have a history center in the Twin Cities that has a lot of property information including birth and death records, my life just gets in the way of having enough time to do the research.

I've asked my sister for the abstract on the property, that to would give me a history of the property owners, which is a good jumping off point.

Given that the little girl seemed sad after my neice moved I would presume that she is lost and needs to find her way home.

If I get additional information I'll be back to post what I find.

Thanks all for your warm reception.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Hello Chasman. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, I found them very interesting. I feel like the spirits you encountered need help in crossing over as they seem content to stay in that home. Take Care.

FRAWIN- 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I am very sorry for the loss of your parents.

It sounds as if you did definitely have activity in your home. At least one for sure, a little girl. To many similar sightings to be a coincedences.

Do you have any idea as to the history of the home or the land? This may be a family who has not moved on from their home.

Look forward to hearing more!

God Bless!
Chasman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Bellissima,
I've been a lurker on this site for a while and enjoy the many stories I've, I thought it was time to tell the tale.
As I mentioned in the story, I myself have not been fortunately enough to see our little spirit friend but did have a couple of experiences where she helped out. For some time my family thought that maybe she was my niece's guardian angel, but she had remained with the house after my niece moved.
Thanks for reading my story and sharing your comments.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Hello Chasman. First allow me to say I'm very sorry for the loss of your parents. That's really sad. These things happened over a long period of time there, wow. You told a very interesting story. I really believe your story, it seems very authentic because of the lack of drama and the acceptance you had of the events that occurred there. If you're interested, I think you should try to check out the history of the house and previous occupants. Everything that happened is benign, totally non-threatening, I understand how you simply allowed the experiences to go on, nothing was threatening you. Since you've had no reports from your sister and her family of anything strange happening, I'd say they simply don't notice the paranormal events taking place, maybe they're not as receptive as you are. I feel happy for you since you discovered that not all paranormal experiences have to be tense and terrifying events, I truly think this is a good thing. Since you seem to be sensitive, you'll probably notice other things throughout your life that you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't already familiar with things like this. Thanks for sharing your story, I really enjoyed it. Let us know if you have any more personal experiences, I'd be interested.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: