You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Smelly Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Smelly Visitor

 

It has been a while since I have posted to YGS but return at least weekly to read new postings, even though I stay rather busy at work, and taking grave photos for findagrave.com requests and etc. I have been a licensed funeral director and embalmer for the past 33 years and hold a National License as well as several state licenses. During this time I have also worked as an organ center procurement technician, as well as 7 years for the Helen Keller Eye and Tissue Bank procurement team. I currently work in a south Texas funeral home doing near 1000 cases per year.

With a little nudging from a YGS friend from South Africa I post another experience here for your review.

Just Monday evening of this week I had returned to the funeral home around 21:45 to retrieve some personal effects as I was starting vacation on Tuesday. For anyone who has ever felt "Watched" while being totally alone in the middle of a 200+ acre cemetery, or anywhere else for that matter, I need say nothing more. This "You are not alone" feeling I felt Tuesday evening led to me thinking of an incident that occurred several years ago while working at a funeral home in the north Alabama area.

I had been called to one of our funeral homes rather early in the evening, just about twilight, to meet the county coroner who was bringing in a murder-suicide for our facility to hold. In that part of the state the county coroner had to rely on the funeral homes to hold decedents on a "rotational basis" until the families had decided which funeral home to use. After leaving both cases in my care, I went to the funeral home office to appease my curiosity over a couple of cases I had just seen in the prep room.

While drinking a cup of leftover coffee, alone in the building and relaxing in the lamp's warm glow I read through their folders and death certificates capturing details of their lives until well past sunset, the entire time feeling at total ease and enjoying the opportunity to relax and learn. After 30 minutes or so I returned to my truck and had started home to enjoy the rest of the evening with my family, and perhaps a couple of cold beers.

I could not have gotten more than 10 miles away when I received the call that we would in fact be retaining both cases and to proceed with the embalming process of both. A little upset that I would not get to see my children that evening, nor those cold beers, I reluctantly returned to the funeral home to begin my arduous task. Pulling into the parking lot I sensed the presence of an unwelcome entity on the premises that I had just left not 20 minutes prior. Immediately I realized that my "home" feeling was gone, and I was not alone!

As I began the embalming process on these cases, I felt as though I was being observed or watched from near the door that led from the prep room into the no longer used bedroom that we now used for storage. While I am fully aware that one can lend themselves to delusions, I had not been in that state of mind prior, nor thought that I was at that time. As I started to embalm the murder victim I felt a rush of emotion like I had never felt before, one of immense sadness. As I continued to the alleged perpetrator, still sensing a presence, I began to see what appeared to be a translucent shadow-like being moving along the wall leading to the garage.

Necrosis is a smell that one cannot soon forget, as anyone who has ever worked in a hospital environment or has attended a loved one with a decubitus ulcer can attest to. But as I observed the shadow, it seemed to stop as if it knew I could see it, move back along the wall from the garage door until it came near the end of the embalming table where I stood. It smelled as if something putrid stood beside me, a smell of decomposition. Once you have worked around it, you NEVER forget. Yet this smell was much stronger than any human decomposition I have ever smelled. As the hair stood up on my arms and neck, and I fought the "fight or flight" response, it began to move slowly away toward the garage door until it was gone, taking that odor with it.

I am not sure what happened there that evening but feel that I was certainly visited by some unworldly entity who may have been there for some reason pertaining to this murder-suicide. I don't know, you tell me, but I didn't stick around to find out once I had completed my task.

BTW, I never got those beers that evening nor saw my children, but turns out I was not alone in the funeral home this past Tuesday evening either. Some nut had infiltrated the funeral home to leave a message for their funeral director for mom's service that was yet 2 weeks away. Reminiscing and expecting another unearthly visitor, I was pretty rude with her in the process of ushering her from the facilities at 9:30PM, long after everyone had went home for the evening. I felt bad for her and my response the following day and called to apologize.

Regards

Marty Scott

Other hauntings by MarvinScott

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarvinScott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kirbyp (1 stories) (15 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
First of all I commend you for what you do, because it's an important job that has to be done that not everyone has the stomach for.
I don't know what I would have done in your situation but glad you were able to stand your ground. It has been said that demons give off a foul odor when they are present. In any case, thanks for sharing that unsettling experience and I wish you the best in your endeavors.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-21)
Great read Marvin!

I know too well the foul smell your talking about. The first time you smell death, it's not easy to forget. I have had a lot of sheep and goats and of course death comes with it. We always hauled them to the back 40 and let the vultures take care of them. "Giving back", so to speak. Not that there wasn't plenty of wild critters that die to remind you of the smell, out in the country.

I'm wondering if your lack of, or seeming lack of fear didn't help to move the murderer along. It seems obvious to me that the sadness that overwhelmed you came from the victim and perhaps you were in some odd way "protecting" her so she could move on.

Yup. That makes me feel comfy in my skin, so I'm going with that one. You stood your ground, booted the beast and helped the innocent move on. 😊

Good job MarvinScott! I look forward to reading more from you.
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-21)
Dee,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. I am certainly glad that I can ease your mind on your concerns. Even after years in the business, and having to embalm my own maternal grandmother, I still had concerns to the treatment of both of my parents. It is true, most states have a "Code of Conduct" in the presence of decedents, and in some states you are required to complete continuing education in order to renew your licenses. Texas requires you to complete courses in ethics for example, along with other courses. In Alabama you can actually lose or have your licenses suspended for swearing in the presence of a decedent. Rest assured my friend, in 33 years I have never observed a decedent intentionally being treated with less than the utmost respect. As far as my visitor, I initially thought that it was a malevolent being there to claim one or the other of the murder-suicide victims, but as Melda pointed out, and I had not considered previously, it is possible that it was the angel of death. Either way I knew beyond a doubt that it was diabolical and had less than good intentions. I can also relate to your experience with the card. Being the one to order the stationary items at the time, I thought I was familiar with all they had to offer. My dad was a Baptist minister and a firm believer in the Trinity verses Triunity. He often said, "I will confirm to you that they are 3 in 1, the same." On his birthday, two weeks after his passing, I opened an envelope from the company we ordered supplies from, and out fell three laminates for obituaries, all with the exact same poem on them, a poem that I had never seen concerning the Trinity. Really odd.

Be well my friend.

Marty
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
EDIT: It was my cousin's birthday yesterday, not the anniversary of his passing. I came across the funeral 'In Memory' card yesterday too. I guess he might have been saying hello. 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-19)
Hi Marty,

I see I'm late to the 'party', but had to comment as your account and comment on the embalming process intrigued me. As for your smelly visitor... Do you think you were visited by one of the victims? I've always wondered if the newly deceased would be curious in regards to the preparation of their physical body. Maybe a few here and there are concerned with how their 'shell' will be treated? Or perhaps, they are still in disbelief and end up sticking close to their body? Too many unknowns, but the thought has crossed my mind.

I wanted to thank you for your explanation of the embalming/preparation process. I know I'm not alone as far as wondering exactly what happens. My mother passed away 17 years ago (the anniversary is this Saturday) and my cousin (the most recent death), 2 years ago today. There are many more, but I've always hoped that their physical body is treated with the utmost respect and care.

Thank you for giving me peace of mind. I'm sure you've provided more peace of mind than you'll ever know. I look forward to any experience's you are able to share.

All the best,
Dee
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Marvin, the details you gave did not bother me. I agree with you on the grieving process, as to never really getting over it, but learning how to continue our life each day with out that person. I've said this to comfort people in need, because it's always bothered me to hear others say it'll get easier etc. I really appreciate the kind words from the members here, and wanted to say thank you. I don't want to pull away from Marvins story, so I'll end this with saying that the experience I want to send of my Mamaw, will hopefully be ready for December, as I've been wanting to share it here with everyone. Marvin, I was not bothered by any of the details you have given to me, and like I've said, appreciate what all ya'll do for family's. I only asked out of curiosity about what I heard from our funeral home, so I didn't want anyone to think that I or my family had any problems, or concerns with what they did. Thank you for answering my questions.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Twilight - it's so very sad about your Mawmaw. Losing a loved one is like having a hole torn inside. If the pain of loss is still too raw for you, take all the time you need to heal. When you feel you're ready to write about your experience, you know that we will all be here to support you. Sending you a BIG hug and well-wishes. ❀

Marty - thanks so much for sharing with us your extensive knowledge. Your tantalising snippets in your comments leave me wanting more. I'm looking forward to reading more of your fascinating experiences. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Sorry, MarvinScott, not Marty! πŸ™„

Troll, troll,troll, troll.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Melda - the stinky troll came to see the smelly visitor.
There, I'm ready to get down-voted.πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Marty - thanks for sharing this interesting experience. I enjoyed reading it and the thread of comments too. Very informative.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Hi all - I see that now my minus karma has disappeared and I also gave a few posters a vote. Not because it's such a big deal whether you receive a plus vote or not, it just pees me off when some malicious little creep takes it upon himself/herself to venture outside of the playpen.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
Okay so now I receive a minus for making that remark? Again I have to ask why. It was just an observation, not a rude comment πŸ˜•

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-17)
i've just come to check on MarvinScott's story again to read whatever comments there might be.

I've noticed that a troll is around because where some people had been given plus karma points, they have now disappeared πŸ˜• Why on earth?

Regards, Melda
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Melda,
Thank you or your kind words.

Twilight,
First let me say that I am so sorry for your loss. It never stops hurting, you just adapt to it. They say time heals all wounds. That is nonsense! You just simply learn to cope. If your grandmother was embalmed then I am sure that the embalmer didn't just tell your grandfather that. In Mortuary college we took many different sciences such as human, vascular and cellular anatomy. Pathology, Microbioloy, Chemstry and etc. I say this because with experience you can more often than not make a pretty good guess as to the cause of death. Also there would be no need to remove anyhing to be assured of the absence of water. I am certain that they would not do that just to comfort a loved one. Truth is always better than empty words, especially when it is solicited by the family. I in fact have gotten in hot water a time or two for being too honest with the families. Not by them but the funeral home owners. I asked about my parents and was told factually. That is what I was taught to do as well, but only when solicited. I hope that the experience you want to share of her involves her visit. Both my parents promised to visit and both honored that promise. Please accept my apology if I went into too much detail. Again, please accept my condolences on your loss.

Take care my friend.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Twilight - How sad, I feel for you. I know from experience, as probably do you, that the pain eases as you learn to cope with the loss of a loved one.

Regards, Melda
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Meldel, thank you. I ended up in tears myself, as I was finishing on writing that. It may have been over a year ago now since that horrible day, but it still hurts, especially around the holidays. I have a beautiful experience I've been wanting to share about my Mamaw, on what happened after she passed, but I have still yet to take the time to write it. It's hard to talk about what all happened that night when she passed, but after reading what all Marvin has said about his job, I just had to say my appreciation for people like him that choose this career, as they really do help other family's in such a sad time.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Twighlight1011. I'm in tears! Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. Very sad. Thinking of you! Blessings!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Thank you Marvin for giving me the lengthy details on my question lol I love learning as much details that I can on certain things, so I don't mind the length on it. I was curious as how far, or close Hollywood portrays the process of your job, on movies or shows, so informing me on what all you have to do, really opens my eyes to what your job really does. My main reason for being so curious on my question, was because last summer (as in summer 2017), I loss my Mamaw, who I was very close to. Her death was very hard on our family, and how she went really took a toll on all of us. She was 89 (just 2 weeks away from turning 90), and my Papaw found her sitting face down in the bath tub, dead 😒 it left so many unanswered questions for our family, and left my Papaw blaming himself for not being there to help her, fearing she screamed out for him, but with his bad hearing, did not hear her. We wanted an autopsy, but with her age, and other reasons, we weren't able to go through with it. Our family waited in my grandparents home that night, for the funeral home to come and get my Mamaw. After their arrival, they spoke to my Papaw and family, listening to our fears of what happened to my Mamaw. As we all hoped that it was just a quick heart attack, that took her before any pain could be felt. I'm sure there's a lot of details I'm forgetting, or wasn't told, but my point is that after the funeral home listened to our concerns, knowing we weren't able to get an autopsy to know if she drowned after having a heart attack, meaning she could have been saved, if someone was there in time. Side note, my Papaw was watching TV in the living room that night, and after an hour of not seeing his wife come back out from her bath, he went to check on her, when he found her. Reasons why we had so many unanswered questions on the details, like how long was she in there, when it happened, and did she try to scream for help, but was unable to get out of the water, resulting in drowning. Our minds raced with all these different horrific questions. Well the funeral home ended up telling my Papaw afterwards (as in after they had finished preparing my Mamaw for her funeral), that they were able to check her lungs, as I'm unsure why exactly they were even messing with her lungs πŸ˜• but they were able to see that she did not have water in them, so that she did not drown, and most likely went fast. That's why I asked if ya'll remove the organs or not, or if under special circumstances, they might at least open to exam them etc. My other thought is that maybe they just said this, to give my Papaw and family peace of mind, knowing she didn't suffer at least. I guess I'll never truly know though. Sorry to ramble so much. This is a very sensitive subject for me, and the only time I've ever actually written out any details on that night, as it was very hard to go through. She was like a mother to me 😳 I really do respect your job, and appreciate what all you do for people's family, in such a hard time of their life. Thank you again for giving the details on your profession.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
MarvinScott - Once again a very interesting account of what you experienced with a less than pleasant smelling entity. You have elaborated in the comments, so I think you have pretty much covered everything that I might have wanted to enquire about.

I also encountered a stench, which I cannot quite put into words, when I was house-sitting for a neighbour a number of years back. It was limited to one of the bathrooms. This happened at about 06:30 in the morning, so I think whatever caused that horrific stench had left the house shortly before I arrived. I also find it difficult to describe that terrible smell. It's in a way sulfuric and in a way rotten meat. By the time I went back to the house in the early evening, not unaccompanied this time I assure you, the smell was gone.

Thanks for the description of the embalming process. This is something I have always been curious about but unfortunately I don't know anybody involved in your line of business so my curiosity has remained unsatisfied. I always realised that it would be quite an intense procedure but not to what extent.

Looking forward to hearing more from you when you have the opportunity.

Regards, Melda
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
Hey Twilight1011. Well you asked for it! LOL That was a mouthfull! LOL. The more I read Marty's explanation, the more fascinated I became and finally the more I realised how little I know!
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
Twilight1011,

There are many old fables about what happens in the prep room. Most were passed down, and 99% of what you see on television is inaccurate. There is really no specific answer to your question, it depends on many factors such as the decedent, weather, length of time since death, diseases, if refrigeration was involved, sclerosis and etc...etc... But I will tell you that they are all treated with the utmost respect, in fact most states have a code of conduct when present among the deceased, and minimum incisions are made for the embalming process. I will give you a general idea of the process, in a typical case with no specific disease, refrigeration, and deceased within the past two-three hours; The first thing is to pose the body the way that it is to appear in the casket, and with the head turned slightly to the right about 15 degrees. Next you would "set the features" after using a phenol based chemical such as Sani-Spray to decontaminate the eyes, nose and mouth so the family is protected, you would then use eye caps, "small plastic caps that help hold the eye closed while providing support to eyes that have collapsed or had the ocular fluid removed". The mouth is closed by using injection needles, really no different than what a doctor uses to wire the mouth shut. They are little barbs with a short strand of wire. The barbs are driven into the maxillary and mandible then the wires twisted together, cut and folded down. The lips should be closed along the weather line to make them appear correct. A point of injection and drainage is chosen depending on numerous factors as well. Typically for a lady that would be the Femoral artery and vein because of low-cut garments, and for a gentleman, a clavicle incision. It really depends on the embalmer as there are many different locations that the vessels may be raised. If the decedent has been deceased too long then it may take several different injection and or drainage points, but the concept is to stay close to the center of circulation (the heart) because of the size of the vessels. The blood is never pumped out but rather displaced by the embalming chemicals, those themselves mixed specifically for the decedent based on a chemical algebraic equation. They may include surfactants, deliquescents, humectants, dyes, buffers, water softeners, etc...etc... Osmosis is used to "force" the fluid on a cellular level, but never too much as to swell the decedent's features. After arterial embalming is completed cavity embalming is started. Some embalmers delay this until later but most complete it immediately. The viscera needs more than just the arterial fluid, and the excess fluids need to be removed from the body to prevent dilution of the cavity fluid which is specifically formulated for the organs, and to create fistulas within the viscera. Cavity embalming is accomplished by using a trocar, (not unlike a large needle about 16"-24" long and about the size of your finger. It is attached to a vacuum, be it hydro or electric to create the fistulas and remove excess fluids. The cavity fluid is then introduced the same way except without the vacuum. We never remove the organs, the removal of the excess thoracic and abdominal fluids give that appearance and have given creed to that misconception over the years, nor do we put coins on their eyelids. Some interesting facts are that tombstones were originally heavy to "hold the spirit down", "after removing a body from the place of death some religions may "Take them around the house several times to confuse the spirit and prevent the spirit returning", and "steal the dimes from a dead man's eyes" is because in times past the lids were weighted with coins. There are just too many to mention. Anyway, sorry to bore you but I hope that I answered your question. Thanks for reading.

Regards
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
Meldel,

Thanks for your kind words. I have heard many deathbed stories related to me by the families of the decedents that I meet with. There are quite a few that stand out in your mind but they are indeed very similar. I know that prior to my dad's passing he told me on numerous occasions that several of his loved ones had visited him. He was very lucid until his last breath and knew exactly what was going on. My mother on the other hand the night she passed away, was sound asleep around 9PM when she started talking to someone. My mother NEVER met a stranger and knew just about everyone. The conversation was like this: "Who are you?"...perfect response timing... "Ann, Ann who?", again,...perfect response timing... "Oh, O.K." My wife went to her room and asked her to whom she was speaking. She refused to answer but acted as though she wanted to tell me something but was forbidden. She passed away that night. The following morning when I recounted the details to my brother who is about 15 years my senior, he started to cry and stated: "Boy, that baby mom lost before you were born was a girl, she named it Ann!" I have no doubt that our loved ones return for us, or in some cases something diabolical. It is very possible that it could have been the death angel. Thanks for the insights and for reading.

Be well!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
Hey Marvin, I have a question I'd like to ask, about what all your job requires. Specifically before embalming someone, do you have to cut, and remove people's organs, before embalming them? I was having a discussion about your experiences you've submitted, when the topic came up on if this is true or not? I've seen in shows about it being done, but I've also seen it not being done as well. I know not to believe what all is on tv etc lol so I wanted to see if you can give information on this, as I'd appreciate your response. 😊
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Aaah finally... Welcome back Marty! I have read many accounts on YGS but yours are 'something else' and very interesting.
I wonder about the putrid smell emanating from the 'being' close by. Years ago an uncle of mine was rushed to hospital and according to doctors in attendance, his heart had stopped on two occasions while in the theatre. When my uncle woke up, he begged the doctor to make sure that his heart did not stop again. He said 'I saw the angel of death and I smelled him as well. He smelled putrid. I don't won't to die.' Could it be that you saw the angel of death?
Thanks for this enthralling account Marty. So glad to hear from you again. Blessings!
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Twilight1011.

Thanks for reading. There are indeed things that happen on a frequent basis that you know are odd but you just simple ignore, they are just too commonplace. There are a few thing that have happened to me that made me think twice about what happened. Other odd things have been witnessed by others as well, such as a story I responded to involving several people seeing what appeared to be a decedent step into a storeroom and vanish. Actually I have written other stories here that stood out in my mind. You can click on my name and read the others, I think that you will find them a little on the odd side. Take care.
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
LuciaJacinta,

Actually back in the 80's we had to stay at the funeral homes when we were on call. Not for break-ins, but for first calls. Every funeral home that I have ever worked in has had a bedroom beside the prep room. Back in those days my wife would stay with me rather frequently. She would remain at the funeral home and sleep or answer the phone when I went to make removals and embalm. Occasionally she would get up to watch television until I returned. You get used to anything given a little time. Actually the smell wasn't sulfuric or rotten egg like. It was more necrotic in nature, putrid, like rotting human flesh.

Thanks for reading.
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
AugustaM,

I have heard some rather strange stories over the past 30-odd years, some as humorous as others are freaky. Your story reminds me of the time that we had a college student who answered the phone at night, he lived in the apartment upstairs. We were bored out of our minds because of slowness due to the time of year. We had found an old styrofoam head that was covered with plastic, full color, lips, eyes and all. We placed a broom handle in it, taped a coat hanger to it, put a parka on it then placed it on his shower rod behind his bathroom door. To say that I was blessed out several days later when he discovered it is an understatement! He told me that I was one lucky SO#$$% that he was already on the toilet. My first thought was like, "come on dude, that was 4 days ago!" We heard him scream downstairs at the opposite end of the funeral home! LOL. I am sorry, but I would have no idea where else to look for your grandfather's grave. I am still looking for a few as well. Thanks for reading.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
Hey Marvin, I enjoyed reading about your experience at the funeral home you work at, which by the way, I give you a lot of props for taking on a job like that, as I couldn't imagine the toll it must take on someone, but given that someone has to do it, I think highly of the people that do chose that profession. You would think given your line of profession, that you would have many experiences happen there. Not implying your work place being haunted, but just that you would think spirits would be passing through often than not. Was this pretty much the only experience there that you ever really had, or has there been other accounts? Well thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I hope if you have anymore, that you'll soon share them with us 😊
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-14)
I think the scariest part of your job would be working alone. I wouldn't like that. It just seems for safety reasons (such as a break-in etc) there should be two workers. But I guess not. You are a brave one.

Was the smell sulphuric? Or like rotten eggs?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
A cousin used to work at a funeral home and had his share of experiences. He was not an embalmer - his job seemed mostly to involve babysitting the place in the evening (the other specifics and title of his position elude me at present) - but it worked out well as he was a college student at the time and he could use the quiet time to study. The room where he usually resided during his shifts had a window in it that looked into the garage where they kept the hearses. Late one evening, he looked up from his studies to behold an old man inspecting the vehicles. Being that it was hours past closing, he got up and went into the garage to invite the old fellow to leave. As he opened the connecting door, the man turned from the hearse that had held his attention and proceeded to walk out of the garage straight through the wall. Incredulous, my cousin dashed over to the outer door of the garage, yanked it open and dashed outside only to see the, man casually crossing the lawn, cross the street and fade away into the cemetery on the other side. When his morning relief arrived, he told him of what happened. His coworker chuckled and said that's just Old Man ----, he founded the business and was always particularly proud of the hearses - he was buried in the cemetery across the street but seems to like to pop in now and then to admire them.

I can imagine you two could exchange stories for hours! Thank you for what you do - not everyone could do so but all of us will need such skills one day or another.

You mention you take photographs for FindaGrave - I have used the site several times but there is still one grave I have not been able to find - my great grandfather (Charles Swift)...he is our family enigma for many reasons. Do you happen to know of any other ways one might go about digging up such information?
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Thanks for reading Jubilee and Rex-T. I certainly feel that it was in direct relations to the murder-suicide. I kind of felt at the time that a door of some sort had been opened by this senseless trajedy. I felt that this being was trying to use this to some type of malevolent advantage. I am a firm believer that we have power over non-human entities that were given us by our creator. To "trample upon their heads." Even still it can be a little unnerving. I felt such sadness that seemed to eminate from the victim, but could have been from the perpetrator who opted for a permanent solution to a temporary problem. And you are indeed correct Jubeele, you do get to where you can sense the slightest change. Regards

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: