You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Father's Hometown 5: Our Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Hometown 5: Our Grandfather

 

This was happened to my eldest sister (1st sibling) November 1, 1998.

November 1 and 2 every year in the Philippines is celebration of remembering of our love ones who already passed away. We usually celebrate by cooking sticky foods for the souls, going to cemetery and light a candle on the tomb, pray for the souls, watch horror movies, and enjoy the vacation.

My eldest sister had a work that time so she needed to file a vacation leave to go to Pangasinan but her boss agreed her leave after their work of October 31. She's in Marikina that time so she have a short period of time to prepare and travel from Marikina to our province. On the road, she experience congestion and traffic so she arrived late at night of November 1. We decided to visit in cemetery tomorrow morning and call it the day.

The 4 of us again slept on the second floor of the house while my mother and my eldest sister was on the room below the terrace (where my grandfather died). When you read my first post "My Father's Hometown" I told there that the only division of that room was a silk curtain. There was no light on that room and the light from the living could reached that room when the curtain was opened.

In the middle of the night, she woke up my mother to pee so they accompanied each other to go to the bathroom at the back. When they returned, she laid on the bed but she knew that she was not sleeping yet but she experiencing sleep paralyze and she thought that her eyes were wide open because she could see the whole room. Then she noticed a shadow of a man in the curtain walking from the altar going to that room. She freaked out and tried to wake my mother but she can't move. Then she asked the man who is he but no response.

When the shadow entered the room she noticed that the face of the man was resemblance to my father and similar to my brother and she became shaky because this was unusual to her. The man spoke to her, "I'm your grandfather. We waited a long time to have a visitor in where we are now. Please have a visit and don't forget to put candles"and my grandfather disappeared.

Suddenly she rose as if it had been displeased and woke my mother and told the story to her. When they looked at the clock it was already 4am in the morning so they decided not to go back to sleep and prepared everything to go to cemetery. And the morning comes, first thing first that they did was to depart and they left us 4 in the house without knowing it.

They came back from cemetery that afternoon and told us the story and say sorry because they left us at home.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by unknownymous05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknownymous05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unknownymous05 (12 stories) (16 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
Hi Zaruje,

Greetings Kabayan! Thanks for reading.

Hi Melda,

I also experienced this sleep paralyze when I was still studying. The thing that you can't moved your body but you can see everything around you. Then something happen. I don't know if my grand father talked to my sister by telepathy. Actually she didn't told us how they talked. Maybe I will ask her.

Thanks,
Unkwonymous05
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
unknownymous - You say your sister experienced sleep paralysis but that she thought her eyes were open because she could see the whole room. I don't pretend to be an expert on sleep paralysis, although I have experienced it on a few occasions, but this is a condition which occurs between waking and sleeping. I'm not sure what state of consciousness your sister was in.

I would also be interested to know whether your grandfather spoke to your sister telepathically (in her mind) or whether he spoke out loud.

Regards, Melda
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-25)
Greetings! Pinoy here. That must have been a scary experience for her. But I think that entity (grandfather) means no harm and just reminding you all about your obligations.

Thanks for sharing!

Z ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: