You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visitor During A Hospital Stay

Real Ghost Stories

A Visitor During A Hospital Stay

 

It's Mandee again, and I have something to share that happened just last night. Those of you who have read my experiences with my daughter's Uncle Dusty know the circumstances and I'm pleased to report another visit while we are having a difficult time right now.

My 16yr old daughter is in the hospital after a tumor was discovered on her liver. It took 2 surgeons over 6 hours to remove it, along with a third of her liver. She was in the ICU at our local children's hospital for 3 days but is doing well and in a private room now. Biopsy reports will be in on Tuesday but things are looking good, and hopefully we'll be home on Wednesday.

Ok, on to my story... I walked outside late last night about a block away from the hospital property to have a cigarette. It was around 3am and I was alone sitting on a bench on the sidewalk in the middle of the city-Knoxville, TN-and I was a bit nervous.

I finished my cigarette, got up, and began to walk back towards the hospital. I glanced behind me and caught sight of a tall man quite a ways away from me but heading in the same direction. I just turned back around and kept walking but was listening for footsteps but I never heard him get closer. I was almost to the main doors when I turned and looked back-and I'm pretty darn certain it was Dusty.

Very thin, over 6ft tall, wearing a ball cap and a hoodie. We stared at each other for a moment and then he turned and walked back the way he came. I wasn't close enough to be positive it was him, I guess it was just a feeling, plus the fact that I never heard his footsteps despite it being dead silent in the middle of the night and it seemed like he was out of sight quicker than he should have been even though he wasn't walking fast.

Was he maybe following me to make sure I got safely inside the hospital lobby? I would like to think so!

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
I'm thinking along the same line as Melda, it's hard to say if it was a person on the flesh or if it was Dusty but, if it gives you comfort, follow your gut feeling.

I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-10)
Mandee - I'm sorry to hear that your family had such a bad scare with your daughter's health. Fortunately it seems that she is recovering well and I hope that you made it home on Wednesday 😊

It's difficult to know whether it was her Uncle Dusty who put in an appearance. As he was very close to her in life, it is very possible that he paid a visit. Perhaps he didn't want to visit her hospital room for fear of scaring her.

Then again, it could have been anybody - maybe human, maybe not. It is nice to believe that it might have been Dusty though 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: