You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Church Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Church Happenings

 

This happened to me and my best friend, when we were both newly installed Altar Servers. It was Christmas Eve, December 24, 2009. We were both appointed to keep the charcoals burning to be used to burn incense. The charcoal holder was located at the back of the sacristy, the place where things used in mass are kept. There were no lights there back then, so we used three candles to light ourselves. It was just past 9pm and the Christmas Eve mass still did not start so to entertain ourselves, I took my mp3 and played some music to while the time away.

We took turns in fanning the charcoals to keep them burning. When it was my friend's turn, I sat behind him and began texting. I looked over my right shoulder and saw someone who looks exactly like me. The figure was wearing the same shirt as mine, the same pants, the same shoes, with the same hairstyle. I tried to remember if there was any mirror on that area but I couldn't. So in order to confirm, I combed my hair while looking at the figure but the figure did not move. Instead it glared at me with its eyes going red.

I was a very, very skinny kid back then. When the figure glared at me, I carried my friend (who was a little bigger than me) and carried him inside the sacristy. He got surprised and asked me what was wrong. Obviously he did not see the figure so I told him as quickly as I could. We were both crying from fear. As if we needed more spooks, it suddenly rained very hard and I swear, I SWEAR we heard children's footsteps and laughter, chasing each other on the ceiling, which cannot be accessed anywhere, certainly not by small children.

Later that night, our elders found us hugging each other inside the big closet in the sacristy, eyes swollen from crying. And that, my friends, kicked us off in our adventures inside the church. We have many more experiences inside our church. Will post more soon.

Other hauntings by wysteria1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wysteria1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gaGHOST (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-31)
Some churches have more than one sacristy, each of which will have a specific function.

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacristy
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-23)
Since this church seems to be a hot spot for paranormal activity, it would be a good idea to talk about its history.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-21)
Chuckling at everyone's responses. I don't know, maybe I'm gullible but I can see this happening. I have known a few odd things like this to happen in churches.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-21)
...it's small things that make me doubt a post, like you said you "carried" your friend out of the sacristy, yet you were found huddled inside a closet in that very sacristy.

I know when writing we tend to leave out details because they are familiar to us, forgetting the reader is in the blank.

Maybe you can clarify that part.

Thanks for replying.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-20)
Dude... What happened after you and your friend got out of the closet? 😁
wysteria1 (4 stories) (5 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Temilicious

On the contrary, I'm actually quite the opposite of what you think. I'm quite a well known basketball player in my area, an altar server for 9 years, and I take a jog almost every day.

Still, thanks for the compliment.

Peace out, w1
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Wysteria,

I think you're a very bored individual.
I suggest you get off the computer & take a walk to the park or something.

No offense intended.

God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: