You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is Grandma Saying Goodbye?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Grandma Saying Goodbye?

 

My story happened when I was 18 years old... I was raised by my grandmother, and among other cousins, I was her favorite grandchild. We were so close because my parents were busy working so she literally raised me up.

One night, around 10p.m.,as I was about to go out to buy something at a nearby store, I saw her sitting on our patio. I was surprised because she sleeps early and I've never seen her awake at 10p.m. NEVER! She usually goes to sleep at around 7p.m. And wakes up around 3-4a.m. Going back, what I saw was really my grandma, and I even asked her "Grandma, why are you there in the dark?" She just answered, "Nothing..." so I continued to walk to the store but soon realized that I couldn't see my grandma's face. It was just black, no facial features. But I am really sure that it was her. She even answered me.

After I got my thing at the store, I passed by our patio again but she was gone. So I thought that she went back inside the house to take a rest and sleep...

Around 2-3a.m. I received a call that my grandma was brought to the hospital because of heart attack and in a state of coma. I was really sad and at the same time, shocked, because I just saw her earlier. After a few days, she passed away. I was grief-stricken because I will surely miss her... Her tender loving care...

Until now, it is still a mystery to me... Was it really her that I saw on the patio? Was she saying her goodbye? Why was her face so dark when I saw her? Has anyone experienced this kind of thing before?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anne28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-10-16)
When my father was dying, a tenant of my mother told her that she saw my father sitting in the rocking chair outside the house. She even said hello and goodevening to him. But my daddy was very weak already and it was impossible for him to stand and walk... After that incident maybe 2 days after, he passed away. I still miss him everyday. ❤
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-27)
WOW! Maybe her face was dark because she had passed away. 😢 I think she was saying goodbye. I would feel blessed to see a loved one like you did. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.
Anne28 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-05)
Thank you, Eerie69. Yeah, I think she must be at peace now. If I remember it right, she was wearing her normal clothes when this happened. But everything around her, especially her face, was so dark, like she was just a shadow.
MichaelW (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
When I was seven, too many years ago, I saw my dad's grandmother in her house the night of her burial. Looking back, I know she was just saying goodbye, but at age 7, with limited understanding of death, it freaked me out seeing someone I knew had been put in the ground only hours earlier.
It took me like 3 hours to go to sleep.
Eerie69 (5 stories) (19 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-29)
I am so sorry for you loss. Wherever she is right now for sure she's happy and fine.

We have a same experience. It was also in the province of batangas.

Were she wearing black or just normal clothes? 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: