You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Unexplained Message Via Facebook

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Message Via Facebook

 

I hadn't planned to share this one, but Silverthane's great story about the candle blowing out at the church (Spirit Wind) motivated me. Of all of my "experiences" this one is the most weird and far out, I think, so I'll just give it my best shot.

I lost a lot of people during the 2012-2013 "school year," including two of my bosses and my mom, whom I was VERY close to. It was a really busy time for me with my immediate family, however, and I had lots going on also in my career, so when I think of some of the things that happened, well, it's not like I dwelled on them. I just soldiered through...

First my bosses died within just a few weeks of each other in the fall of 2012. One had been sick for quite some time and was somewhat expected. He was the publisher of our newspaper and quite well loved. The other was the editor, much younger, also a pillar of our community and died quite unexpectedly. I attended the publisher's funeral, but more on that in a moment.

The following March, Mom passed away from cancer. She had not been to the doctor and had never mentioned she was feeling badly until the last few weeks. She'd been very active and led a full life until her last, I'd say, three weeks. I know, crazy.

I've mentioned a few strange occurrences in previous posts and comments about Mom's passing, but this is the one that I have the toughest time wrapping my brain around. I am not a big Facebook person, don't even have an account anymore. I mostly used to just look in on my college kids' photos at the time of Mom's passing.

A day or so after she died, I got a message from my college roommate's mom. I saved it at the time because it was so weird. I cut and pasted it into a document which I have saved for years. Here's the content: From my roommate's mom: "___, I read your comment about your Mom and had no idea. I can't believe it! So very sorry."

Then, there was this strange message, inserted into her comment: "While watching a little TV on Sunday, instead of going to church I watched a Church in Atlanta honoring one of its senior pastors who had been retired many years. He was 92 at that time and I wondered why the Church even bothered to ask the old gentleman to preach at that age. After a warm welcome, introduction of this speaker, and as the applause quieted down he rose from his high back chair and walked slowly, with great effort and a sliding gate to the podium. Without a note or written paper of any kind he placed both hands on the pulpit to steady himself and then quietly and slowly he began to speak...

"When I was asked to come here today and talk to you, your pastor asked me to tell you what was the greatest lesson ever learned in my 50 odd years of preaching. I thought about it for a few days and boiled it down to just one thing that made the most difference in my life and sustained me through all my trials. The one thing that I could always rely on when tears and heart break and pain and fear and sorrow paralyzed me... The only thing that would comfort was this verse...

"Jesus loves me this I know.

For the Bible tells me so.

Little ones to Him belong,

We are weak but He is strong...

Yes, Jesus loves me...

The Bible tells me so."

When he finished, the church was quiet. You actually could hear his footsteps as he shuffled back to his chair. I don't believe I will ever forget it. A pastor once stated, "I always noticed that it was the adults who chose the children's hymn 'Jesus Loves Me' (for the children of course) during a hymn sing, and it was the adults who sang the loudest because I could see they knew it the best."

"Senior version of Jesus Loves Me"

Here is a new version just for us who have white hair or no hair at all. For us over middle age (or even those almost there) and all you others, check out this newest version of Jesus Loves Me.

JESUS LOVES ME

Jesus loves me, this I know,

Though my hair is white as snow

Though my sight is growing dim,

Still He bids me trust in Him.

(CHORUS)

YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES ME...

YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,

With my hand in His I'll go

On through life, let come what may,

He'll be there to lead the way.

(CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,

In my heart He puts a song.

Telling me in words so clear,

"Have no fear, for I am near."

(CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,

And life's victories have been won.

He will take me home above,

Then I'll understand His love

(CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does He know?

Have I ever told Him so?

Jesus loves to hear me say,

That I love Him every day.

(CHORUS)

God Bless Us All!

Every day is a gift... That's why it's called the Present"

From Mrs. Ramsay again (trying to make this clear): That entire, lengthy message, was inserted into my friend's Facebook message. After, she continues her message below:

"Can't believe it! So very sorry.

Like · [Comment] ·Unfollow PostFollow Post"

A day or so later, after Mom's funeral, she wrote: "I have no idea how this preacher story got in my message to you!"

I replied: "Really? You didn't write that story? Help me now with this. If you didn't write it, how did it get in there?"

She replied: "I have no idea where that came from. Wish I was so talented! Kinda scary something like that can just pop up out of the blue. I guess it could have been worse. Maybe it's message was good considering the circumstances. Hope you are doing ok. Thinking about you.

16 hours ago via mobile · Like"

Then I replied: "I'm calling it as some kind of spiritual thing that's unexplained. I really don't think prayers pop up because of spammers, and the strangest thing is that the description of the minister at the beginning absolutely describes the guy who did mom's service. Except it popped up in your message two days before the service. Other good things occurred the night she passed, and I'm holding onto them as well, even though some people don't like to think of things, it's just uncomfortable and unexplainable. All good though. And sort of cool. Thanks for... "

So YG'ers, I cut and pasted the above for your perusal. But before I finish, one more quick thing. After a couple weeks, I went back and read the strange, inserted message again. It wasn't ONLY that the message described the old pastor who did Mom's funeral, it was the whole thing about the song.

You see, I realized that the last time I had been in a church was at my boss's funeral. And the commentary in the message about "Jesus Loves Me" relates to the THOUGHTS I had at that time! It was during the singing of the hymns, and I kept messing up because I wasn't familiar with them, and I had wished to myself that it was "Jesus Loves Me" (because I had just re-learned it after many years to teach it to my little ones).

So, I have spam in a Facebook message, unaccountable in the midst of a comment from someone who said she did not write it. It talked about future events (the old pastor) and it talked about my THOUGHTS at the last time I was in church.

Did I get a spiritual message at the time of my mom's death? I think so! (and this was just one of a few). I'd LOVE to hear what you guys think. Hope I did not make it too complicated...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrsRamsay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
One final comment a year later... I was just going over my stories tonight.

I just googled the verses of the hymn "Jesus Loves Me" and they are NOT the same as the verses for the old people that were in the message. Someone made them up! Whomever wrote me the message, maybe an angel, who knows, gave these great verses and as far as I can tell, well, I cannot find them anywhere else.
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-23)
an wonderful story, it's beautiful, remind's me of how my beloved dead maine coon katie, who come's to see me everynight in ghost form, I wrote the story on here, I hope it's not bad and get's published. It's about the first time I seen her after death
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-02-07)
Mrs. Ramsay, that was such an uplifting, inspiring story. And I'm even more in awe of the note your mom wrote on the calendar. That one has sent chills down my spine. Not creepy chills, but the kind of chills that come when you realize there is so much in the universe that we lack the ability to understand. Thank you for sharing these.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-23)
Jabonde99, Thanks for affirming my belief. The most interesting thing about all of my own "experiences" is that I never sought them, never needed them. But they are here, as certain as our ancestry is here (and as my husband says, there's no rush to find it, it's not going anywhere). I think it's about paying attention! Hope you all will have a wonderful holiday this week and a Happy New Year!
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-21)
MrsRamsay,

Thanks for the story, it was clearly explained. I don't know if it was something in the wide universe that was trying to send you a message, or someone more closely connected to you. It does mean something, it means something for you and was meant for you. I believe you have put it all together. I'm hoping you are at peace with the loss of your mother and these memories remind you of all the good things. It seems it does.

James Bond
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-12-18)
"What you are, what you were, and what you are to become will always be with you." Q from Star Trek.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-12-14)
Oh yes MrsRamsay... I DO know! 😜 I had a teacher in school that always ended his class by saying "everything is connected." The older I get the more I realize how true this is.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-13)
Greetings on a rainy night in Georgia! Thank you all for the comments...YES, I have been quite into synchronicities for awhile now! Guess I'm the same way, just seem to notice them all the time, but some are larger than others. It is truly to the point that sometimes I can almost feel my loved ones whispering in my ear about something, but not really. It's now in my imagination though. One more quick thing about Mom. I don't know how long after her death -- I had cleaned out the small items from her desk -- and on her calendar the day she died in her own handwriting it said: "Not here." That's the one that will haunt me like crazy. She was NOT supposed to go anywhere, we were close enough that I knew her schedule. She went downhill so quickly after her diagnoses, I'm almost positive she wasn't writing in her calendar. I know she always doodled when she was on the phone at her desk, but this was spot on the day she died. And then I FIND it! Another synchronicity?! (By the way, Mom knew I had these beliefs about...spirituality. She was somewhat a skeptic but she always listened to me when I told her about things that have happened. Sometimes I think she knows that I KNOW. You know?:)
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-13)
There is a Jungian belief about the collective/universal conscience that is inexplicable in causing unexplainable coincidences called synchronicities. In short, it is a coincidence so meaningful and statistically impossible to duplicate by chance that there exists no other explanation other than by an unseen, omnipotent force being behind the event. Your story detailing this collection of events, I think, certainly qualifies for a synchronicity. It is also a very beautiful story.
MK1 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
That is a beautiful story, [at] MrsRamsay.

If I had a dollar for every event such as this one that has happened to me... You know the rest.

Of course it was a message. A tender, touching message, and it came at the exact time that you needed to hear it. Unexplained? Certainly. Unexplainable? Not if you believe.

Again, wonderful story. Really enjoyed reading this one.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
WOW! 😳 Reading this was a bit like dejavu for me. My mom died on Mother's Day in 2012. She was back home in NC when she passed. There was a book out about a little boy who had a near death experience, his father is a pastor. The name of the book is called "Heaven Is For Real." My cousin called me days before her funeral service telling me she found that book behind her couch and has no idea WHO it belongs to?! I put on a brave face and drove with my boyfriend to his mom's house for Mother's Day, he said I didn't have to go but I didn't want to be alone and went. I was in a daze and really wasn't "there." Before leaving my boyfriends mother told me she wanted to give me something that might make me feel better. She handed me a book and it's title was "HEAVEN IS FOR REAL," I will always believe it was my mom telling us that from the other side. YES, I believe you received a spiritual message as well. ❤ Wonderful story MrsRamsay, thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: