You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Early Morning Jog

Real Ghost Stories

Early Morning Jog

 

I would like to begin this true experience of mine by saying that, this event is related to my Best Friend 'Mukul' and his village when we both were 13 years old.

Basically, it was Summer 2017 and a few weeks later, we were about to have summer vacations. I can still recall that it was 2nd day of our vacation, when I receive a phone call from Mukul. Answering it, I came to know that he was about to visit his grandparent's village in Orrisa. To my surprise, he and his parents also invited me to come with him. After my parent's approval, I also got involved in his plan. This was my first time when I was going with any best friend of mine to a certain place. I was too much excited about it.

I don't remember the date but it was nearly 4:00 p.m. When we got into the car with his parents for the journey from Sambalpur to his village at Orrisa. We reached there nearly by 10:00 p.m. Tall, branched trees, dense bushes and a large abandoned area felt too much scary to me for the first time. Mukul somehow could relate to this, and when at night we were going to sleep, he even assured me that I will feel used to the place in some time frame. By the way, we had a plan to stay there for 15 days.

The next day when I woke up at 4:00 a.m., I felt too much relaxed due to the cool atmosphere and positive vibes but gradually the temperature got increasing too much with blazing sunlight. We used to do regular stuff inside the house. On the 3rd day, we decided that we must go for jogging in the early morning like 4:00 a.m. When we wake up. It sounded ok to me, and I agreed to it but later I realized that at 4:00 a.m., the view outside his house was so scary that I even could not think of staring the trees for a long time. Still I had to go with him, but I felt some comfort due to his presence. As usual we used to jog daily at 4:00 a.m. And came back by 5:30 a.m.

It was that one day while jogging, I spotted an abandoned house which was left half constructed. It looked really scary at such a time when you are jogging with no adult or any cars going around and the roads are completely occupied with silence. When I discussed this with Mukul, he told me a story related to this which I don't think is true but is horrible as hell, therefore I would post it later if you guys would like to know what it was. Listening to that story at that time, it then became risky for me to continue jogging with him but still on his assurance I continued that. And I think it was our 7th or 8th day when something so terrible happened that I couldn't stay there for any more days.

I wake up at 4:00 a.m. Sharp and Mukul is standing beside my bed telling me to get up and get my shoes on. I got up and we began to jog. This time I could feel that he was a little sleepy so whenever I looked back, he was few steps behind me. I told him to catch up soon, and all of a sudden, that same house appears. I kept staring it while jogging and I called Mukul to ask something about the story he told me but there was no reply. I called him again and I was replied by complete silence. 3 more times and still no reply. At that time, I just had one thing in my mind, that I won't look back no matter what happens.

I continued jogging with my heartbeat accelerated, and then I found an old man sleeping on a cot by the side of the road. Interestingly there was another cot kept besides his one. I went near to him and asked him about the time. And he replied, 'It's 2:34 a.m.'. Too scared, I didn't think of anything and just lied on the other cot and tried to sleep as soon as I can. Later when I could see some sunlight, I asked him the time again, and he told it was 5:00 a.m. I rushed back to Mukul's house and he was sleeping there, cause I used to wake him up for jogging. I called my parents then and there and told Mukul about this. I came back home that day and Mukul also arrived some days later. When Mukul arrived back, he also told of one experience he had in those 2 to 3 days which were so scary that today even I think somebody stares me at night when I use to do anything. Even while I am writing this now, I am still so scared, that somebody is staring at me right now.

If you agree to my vision, you can e-mail me for conversation, I can even tell you such events in my life that are so scary and true that I almost thought of dying then and there. Probably, I will write them too in the next posts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmanPS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-27)
Bro please write about the other scary events in your life and come back to clarify the sketchy parts in this story. 😜 😜
Lorenzo (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-21)
I don't realy understand what happened. Was the second part a dream?
Nelson_but_not_Mandela (12 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
that was scary but I don't understand if the guy sleeping on the street was a ghost. 😕
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Huh...?

AmanPS.

Welcome to YGS.

With all due respect and making it clear that this is only my opinion, I find it difficult to say anything about this experience without knowing any more information.

Basically what you are saying is that you woke up earlier than usual, went for a jog alone believing that Mukul was following you, came across a stranger sleeping on the side of the road and went to sleep in his company (gosh!) and then went to your friend's place only to find out that he hadn't followed you.

Without knowing the details you have decided to withhold it will be hard to understand what is going on, specially for all the readers that cannot relate to your cultural background.

I don't understand the motives that made you submit your (incomplete) story to a public forum only to expect to discuss it in a private way.

My apologies if I'm being blunt but, in my opinion, your worst enemy is your own fear.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Hello AmanPS,

Oh my God! You literally posted an eerily similar event which I was going to post later. My upcoming narrative had also happened in a village.

First of all, I'll say calm down. Being paranoid will worsen your thoughts along with the situation at this moment. Take some deep breaths and chant God's name if you believe in one.

Do you have any idea why a doppelganger ghost tried to lure you out of the house?

Did you friend's narrative of the house had anything off about it? Like any information regarding these doppelganger spirits?

My experience do have an odd resemblance to yours.
In my maternal village had a legend saying "Never discuss any events or planning under a tree or any suspicious area, it will symbolise that you're calling the inhabited ghost to be with you". Surprisingly, my maternal village is also in Odisha.

I never could understand the contemporary nature of these spirits wheather they're so only playing tricks or are being attached to the individual. According to an incident in my maternal village, this kind of spirit once lured a person into the forest and he was lost for almost a month.

I hear of their encounters from all over the state. These are often assumed to be wandering lost souls who can be potentially malicious. In my village, it is like almost every single person had encountered this type of entity atleast once in their lives.

If you believe any entity had latched itself on you or you can't seem to get rid of the paranoia, I'll recommend you to perform a cleansing ritual, a religious or non- religious one which suits your needs.

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: