You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Victorian Home Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Victorian Home Part 2

 

For those of you who read my previous experiences in my Victorian home, this is a continual to that. I have had more experiences since then that I would like to share.

This was one of our most recent experiences. I, and my family were removing a large tree that was growing up our fence. My mom was taking pictures of us and the tree so that we would have memories of it, of course. That night, my mom was looking through the pictures in her Ipad that she had taken of the tree. The tree was sitting in the middle of the driveway, above, there is a window that looks directly out at the driveway. After looking at the picture for awhile, she said to me "Come here for a second". She showed me the picture, and zoomed in on the window above, which I never would have noticed. She asked me, "What do you see in this photo"? I looked at the window for a moment, then, it came to my attention that it looked like 4 VERY detailed faces in our window, that just seemed to be glaring out. I'm going to be honest, though I'm not usually very easily creeped out about the things that happen in my home, usually just curious, this really creeped me out.

It wasn't really the thought of 4 people being in our window, it was more the expressions on their faces. 1 had a face that looked exactly like a sad clown, the 2nd one had it's mouth open in a wide, almost screaming position, The 3rd wasn't as detailed as the rest, but you could see half of a face with 1 eye visible, the 4th was above all the rest, almost like it was just standing over them, and I swear it looked just like a little boy with bangs. We immediately went over to the window where they were seen, which was in my moms small closet, and tried our best to debunk the situation. There was nothing on the window that could make it looks like there were "detailed" faces in the window. We even tried to come to the conclusion that it was a reflection, and tried to take a picture that looked like that one again. No such luck.

This next occurrence is something that only happened to "me", personally.

I was standing in our dining room, right beside the door that leads directly into our backyard. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I smelled very strong cigarette smoke. Just to make things clear, absolutely no one in my family smokes. Cigarette smoke has never been a smell that I enjoyed, so I knew it immediately. The smell seemed like it was very close to me, almost right beside me. I looked around to see if there was any explanation at all for the smell. There was nothing that could have caused it. Then, just as soon as it had come, the smell just disappeared. I found it really strange, but I didn't bring it up until the end of the day, when I was with my mom. I told her exactly what happened. She was really uneasy about it, probably even more than me. She brought up how her dad was a very heavy smoker. He sadly passed away when my mom was only 16. Maybe it really was him that I had smelled earlier that day? I did look up why I would smell cigarette smoke. I found what is known as "phantom smells". The thing is, I don't have any kind of infections, and phantom smells happen more than once, but this was the first time that I ever experienced this. Plus, it never happened again afterward.

This was an event that happened awhile back.

My dad was heading into the bathroom to take a shower. As he was showering, he heard a loud, scratching noise coming directly from the attic door. Our attic is exactly above our shower. He stopped the shower, and got out. He called my mom to come into the bathroom. When he first told her what he heard, she thought that he was only messing with her, and she didn't believe him. They both waited for a good 5 minutes, and then, sure enough, the scratching came back. Just in case it was an animal, we didn't go into the attic until the scratching was gone. The next day, both my mom and dad headed the attic to see if there was any scratch marks, which would make us come to the conclusion that it was an animal. But... There was absolutely no scratch marks. No feces, marks, or really any sign at all of an animal being in the attic. If it HAD indeed been an animal, as hard as it was scratching, I can almost guarantee you there would have been scratch marks.

This next phenomenon is something that happens to me on and off. I didn't really go into detail about it in the last post, but just said that "I would hear a thump under my bed".

At night, I will hear large knocks underneath my bed. It never happens at a certain time, just only at night. When I say "large" knocks, I mean knocks that actually move my bed. When they happen, my bed will shake. They will always stop for a little, and then just start knocking continuously. Sometimes more than other times. I have actually gotten so fed up with it at night, that I just end up sleeping on my mom's chair in her room. In the morning, she always asks me why I came in, but I usually just make up something. They don't really scare me, but it gets annoying when something is constantly shaking your bed when your trying to sleep. I always look under my bed to see what on earth could be shaking it like that, but there's never anything. Recently, it has stopped, but I know it will come back again.

This is the last event that has occurred.

I was sitting on my bed watching tv. I was very relaxed, and wasn't expecting anything to happen at all. My parents, as well as my sister were all asleep. Then, to my surprise, I heard what definitely sounded like a women sighing, very loudly, and extremely close to my face. It really startled me! I flew up immediately, and left the room.

I do believe that all of this was paranormal. I at least, couldn't come up with actual logical explanations for the following incidents. I'm always happy to share, and hear your guys opinions on our experiences. If I have anymore events, I will definitely share.

Sincerely,

JB

Other hauntings by Jb66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jb66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
JB66 next time try just saying "knock it off." I have spoken aloud to things that I believe/know are around and have told them to knock it off. I have also told them before, "I am not talking to you right now" and have started singing loudly or playing loud music. I think it helps.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-21)
Hello Jb66,

Your house do seems to have been holding a lot of history in its walls.

Imagining your mother's father being in the house is an evidence of its rich history of a family heritage inevitably attached with a lot of emotional events.

I personally can't find any certain logical explaination the phantom cigarette smell but connecting this event to your mother's father also doesn't seem to be satisfying enough considering you never experienced it afterwards.

Well, most of the entities in the household don't create the impression of being malevolent except the scratching one.

Have you ever tried to research the background of your house especially of the accountability of the 4 kids.

I believe you should try to cleanse your house considering how fraustrating it can be to deal with.

Peace
Lorenzo (3 stories) (21 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
The cigerette smell could be explained logically. It could've been a phantom smell.
The other things cannot be explained.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
I have had the cigarette smoke situation happen before. It happened during a period when my former downstairs neighbor was going through a very very rough time emotionally. The smell was so heavy that it woke me out of a dead sleep and the room was hazy. I thought for sure she was chain smoking on her bed (which is directly below mine on the floor beneath) but even so, there was just too much heavy smoke in my room to have just filtered up from between the 100 year old floor boards (I also found out the next day that my other neighbor had been with her all night and neither had smoked all night let alone inside - it's against the lease anyway). I wonder if her negative headspace had attracted a negative entity that night.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Hi Jb66,

I was wondering if your mother would let you share her picture of the faces in the window. You could post it on Imgur or another image sharing site and then post the link in your comments here.
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Actually the sighing part nd the bed shaking both I have experienced... We did a 'hom'or a puja due to which it stopped.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: