You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Schools

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Schools

 

I was always sensitive when I was younger. I knew that we were surrounded by spirits and could sense when they were near. My High school was situated near an old one room school house that had been closed for somewhere around 50 years. The stories I was able to gather from the older inhabitants of the town were that there were strange happenings in the school and a small group of the younger students were found dead in the schoolroom one morning when the school marm opened the building for the day.

Intrigued, I went to investigate. The doors and windows were boarded up after years of vandalism. I heard the giggling of young children from inside this condemned building and then the patter of running feet.

Shortly after this I began to hear these sounds in the halls of my high school halls when I was alone. There were very few times I felt they were malevolent, but they did keep the malevolent spirits that walked the halls of our school at bay.

Of course, I have many other stories... The town where I spent most of my youth was filled with many haunted places. What happens in the desert... Stays in the desert.

I lived in a house where we could hear old radio stations playing at odd hours of the night and day, and a young woman with long hair walked the halls of our home. She looked vaguely like my mother who had killed herself when I was 12. She had long brownish hair that she would stand near the heater and brush in the early mornings most days. She would move things around and be a general nuisance, but she never did anything overtly evil or mean.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RakesTalisman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-21)
I believe that the lady you saw could just be your mum looking out for you, I can imagine that the other incidents were unnerving, do you think perhaps the malevolent spirits were always there and they could have been a cause for the deaths of those children?
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-03)
Golly, I guess I must have been distracted by something before my last post was fully published. Anyway, it had been to say that I had searched the internet for a while looking for any crimes of that nature in the state between approximately 1930 and 1970 and found only a few haunted schools in Las Vegas sporting either too few details in their backstory or backstories that didn't line up at all and one school in Ohio where the story was quite similar to the OP's but for that tricky little part about it being in Ohio. Perhaps the OP could give us a few more details about the history of the haunted school.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
Welcome to YGS.

RakesTalisman.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm curious about your following statement:

"a small group of the younger students were found dead in the schoolroom one morning when the school marm opened the building for the day."

Have you come across any recorded history about this tragic events? If so, what was the children's cause of death?
Was the school marm the only person who had the key to open the door, making him the first and the last person at the school in any given day?
Any word on how the children gained access to the school after it was locked?

I imagine that a tragedy of this nature must be included in the annals of the town. Have you checked them?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, - are you suggesting that the spirits of the children followed you to the high school or do you mean that they were there before you visited the old building.

If the former, did they follow you to any other place?

Anyway, if the children's spirits are trapped on this side of the veil, I'm glad to hear that they're able to giggle and not suffering the circumstances of their death over and over again.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: