You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Bingham Light On Halloween Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Bingham Light On Halloween Night

 

I haven't posted on this site in a long time, mainly because I haven't had any recent experiences aside from maybe one earlier this year or last year I think.

However, that changed just this past Halloween so I just wanted to give an update on another experience with the Bingham light! (Read my previous stories for back information.)

I went out to the community of Bingham to attempt to see the light this past Halloween. It was obviously the perfect time to go.

I was expecting to see a crowd of people out there given the occasion, but to my surprise I only saw 1 or 2 other cars and they were only driving through the location and then left. By time I had gotten down the mile long dirt road (S. Butler road) I was the only one out there.

Nothing spectacular happened that night. I just got out of the car and did the usual call, "Bingham Light, come out!". As always, it was pretty creepy out there but I had been out there so many times that I became quite accustomed to it by now. I think the scariest part about being out there is the darkness itself along with the remoteness of the area. The light in and of itself is nothing scary. It's just knowing what it is that gets to you!

The crops in the field was grown up to maybe a foot and I noticed there were 2 cotton trucks parked on opposite sides of the field.

I stood out there maybe 20 something minutes (estimate) calling the light and looking around me at all times. I asked it to reveal itself in a way that wouldn't scare me.

It wasn't much long after that when I noticed right dead in the middle of the field I saw a faint flash low to the ground. It took a second for my eyes to really adjust to what I was looking at, but given my previous experiences I quickly realized that was the light! It was moving towards me at a fairly quick pace in it's usual side to side motion. Within seconds it was only a few yards away from me. I quickly ran to my car and tore out of there!

The thing about this light is that it's so faint that you really don't realize what you're seeing until it's nearly right up on you. That's the scary part about it. A lot of people (and I do mean A LOT) have exaggerated the appearance of the light over the years, but on the handful of occasions I've seen the light it showed itself as a soft faint blue-ish illumination that flashed side to side. Never anything like hard and bright light - like car lights or a flame. It's not even as bright as a firefly illumination and there ARE tons of those out there in the warm months, so that alone has unknowingly confused many I'm sure! But I digress at this point...

Anyway, I left S. Butler road and took a left onto Hwy 34 to drive another mile or so around to Reedy Springs Ct - which is another dirt road. The whole area is connected, so Reedy Springs Ct runs parallel to S. Butler road (imagine something along the lines of a big rectangle and you sorta got the picture).

I got down Reedy Springs Ct, turned my car around and parked at the point where the two dirt roads intersect. At first I got out of the car and made the call but it began to dawn on me just how creepy that area was. I thought the area around the crop field on S. Butler road was creepy, but Reedy Springs Ct is just outright dreadful on a dark night!

I couldn't stand out there any longer. I quickly got back in my car and rolled the passenger window down and made the call to the light. I made sure to look around me at all times as that particular area is where the light is known to come up on you close and FAST... Though it never happened to me yet.

After several minutes I didn't see anything and I wasn't about to wait around much longer either. I was getting creeped out by the minute so I had to go!

Although not much happened that night, I can say that I did finally get to see the light again after so long. After all, considering I had over 50 something visits, I've only seen the light maybe 5-6 times in the span of 10 years.

I'm glad to know that the ghost light of Bingham still exists!

Other hauntings by Dee-J

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dee-J, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-11-28)
Rajine - Hi how are you?

The place is definitely creepy. The whole community that the area is in actually feels "off" in a sick creepy sort of way. It's just a small little community out in the middle of nowhere. Not so assuming in the day time but gets worse at night.

MANY people have claimed to seen the Bingham Light. It's a very popular phenomena in my region. I've heard about it since I was around 10 years old.

The way it was told to me I had imagined it as being some light on a pole out in the middle of a field with a long defunct railroad crossing somewhere in the background, and the light would come off the pole and chase you down. Hearing people talk and telling their stories will have you believing all kind of stuff.

But I found out that the light is quite different than most people have told it...
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-11-26)
Hi Dee-J

The way you describe the place has the makings for a horror movie, do you know if anyone else has experienced the same or similar to you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: