You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Interaction With A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Interaction With A Ghost

 

I was younger when this happened, so it's been a good while. I apologize in advance if I get any details wrong or don't quite remember some.

This took place in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Just a quick google search will show you that this place is old.

It was around evening. My Mother was making dinner in the kitchen, and I was playing Minecraft whilst my younger brother watched. I had suddenly felt a cold hand being placed on my shoulder, then another hand traveling up the back of my neck, lightly touching the back of my hair. I whipped around to see who it was, but no one was there. I then asked my younger brother if he did it, but I knew his arm wasn't long enough to reach around our desk chair like that, and the hands were too big to be his.

Our house was newer than other houses in the area but still older definitely and creepy, so it wasn't the first time that something that could be labeled as paranormal had happened, it was just the first, and last time I had been physically touched by the ghost here.

I would see shadow figures on the walls, feel as though I was being watched and simple things being moved or falling. It was especially prominent in the basement, which makes me think that maybe our house had been built over something. Though, this ghost never seemed unfriendly. They had never tormented us, just did little things to get our attention.

If I'm being honest, it felt more like this ghost was watching out for us. I never felt like I was in danger when in their presence, just more not understanding what was happening.

If you're willing, let me know your thoughts in the comments. I'm genuinely curious as to what more experienced people have to say on this.

- Pumpkin

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pumpkinclaww0940, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-23)
Hi Pumpkin,

I've recently been experiencing something similar. I notice that whatever it is that's been hanging out in my house has grown to come to me at specific times. Did you ever notice these things happening at a particular time of day?

It's possible that this could be a previous homeowner just kind of chilling in the house and making sure your family was doing well. Are there any records you could look at to get information on previous occupants?
Curlygirly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-17)
Hi Pumpkin!

While I'm definitely not more experienced, I do know what you mean. There have been times when I have been awoken by a sudden tap on the face. Or a brush on my cheek. Or a feeling of someone sitting on the bed. Never felt threatening. Just strange! You are not alone!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-15)
Hello Pumpkin,

I think you were fortunate to have encountered a spirit (ghost) that seemed more benign in nature, than something that could've been malevolent or terrifying to live with! Perhaps one of these spirits/ghosts you were feeling around you was a deceased relative watching over you and your family - or maybe these ghosts grew fond and/or tolerant of you while you lived there because you didn't pose a threat to them. Who knows, it may have been a variety of paranormal things going on in that home due to the history of the land? Did anyone else have similar experiences that lived in your home?

Sometimes I feel that our own lack of understanding and limited view toward the paranormal can cloud our judgement and cause us unwarranted fear. Honestly though, it's pretty freaky feeling when you can sense a presence and feel 'something' touching you but are unable to actually see what it is! From my experience, whether it's paranormal or not, I've learned to always go with my instincts and trust my inner feelings anytime I face the unknown...

Take Care:)
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-03)
Hi Pumpkinclaww0940

I've also had a similar experience with the cold hand brushing my face one night, I've seen shadows and heard disembodied voices, but I still don't know what to make of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: