You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Encounter With An Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Encounter With An Entity

 

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on an event. Recently (past 6 months) I have been experiencing a strange interaction with a spiritual entity. Experiences have ranged from hearing a monotone bird-like whistle at early times in the morning while I'm outside (5:30). If I choose to ignore the whistling, everything is fine, but if I choose to look in the direction of whistling I suddenly get dizzy and feel as if I'm about to faint, before seeing a shadow move quickly around me.

The first encounter I believe was around Oct 15, 2022. I was washing some coolers outside when I heard a monotone whistle, which was coming from my boyfriend's yard (he lives across the street from me). I looked over and felt as if everything was spinning, I saw what I believed was my boyfriend standing on his porch staring at me, but his face was blurred out. After reaching inside and closing the door, the spinning stopped. Upon questioning my boyfriend about the situation, he claimed no one else was home at the time, and he was asleep inside. I disregarded the situation and we didn't speak of it again.

About 2 months later (Christmas time) I was outside setting up some decorations when I heard the same whistling and footsteps in his yard. (the whistling sounded like his but in a monotone) I turned and there was no one there. Upon asking him again, he told me he was working in his attic at the time and no one was outside. This was about 7 in the afternoon. I haven't had many more encounters since then, but there are days when I can hear the same whistling right outside my bedroom window and the more I ignore it the louder it gets.

My boyfriend has also told me he has seen "me" outside at times when I wasn't and that I would look directly at him and smile... Minding that he would be standing by a window, and I usually don't just stare at his house or windows like that. He has also mentioned that he would sometimes hear me calling him outside at 3 in the morning almost as if I'm trying to lure him out the house.

We have found it strange the this entity has chosen to present itself in the form of the other, but we never learned its intentions. If you could please reach out and help me understand why this might have been happening, that would be great, thank you. Please feel free to ask for any more information about the situation if needed, I would be happy to provide you with more details.

Other hauntings by M00nchxld_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, M00nchxld_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whisperingwoodspodcast (2 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
Hi,

I came across your story, it's a great story and I'd love to use it in a book I'm writing. The story would be completely re-written in my own style, but the main elements would remain the same. The book will be published in March 2025 and it is a collection of folklore and scary stories.

The reason I am emailing is to request your permission. If this is something you are agreeable to, please let me know.

Sarah
The Whispering Woods Podcast
M00nchxld_ (3 stories) (9 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-30)
hello The_Lost_Voyage_11, I usually don't call him outside his house so it may be a future event. I only look at him and smile if hes visible ex. Hes outside in the yard or on the porch. Also I'm not to sure of the history around our houses, but we are surrounded by a historical graveyard that has the belief to be haunted, but I only recently found this out. It was strange we only had these encounters during this time and rarely have any since then. Thank you for you theory tho, it seems to make sense.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-30)
Hello M00nchxld_, thanks for sharing your story, it is rather perplexing for sure.

I have a theory about what might be going on but some more details about these experiences would help. You mentioned that your boyfriend has heard you calling to him but you weren't, have there been any times where you have actually tried to call to him like that (not at that time but any time at all)? In reality (paranormal encounters aside) have you ever actually looked at his house and smiled like that at him, (the way he saw you) at any time, or have you in actuality ever seen him on his porch like you did that first time.

What may be occurring and is out there but I submit it as a possibility, may not be a spiritual/supernatural encounter at all. There may be some sort of energetic vortex between your homes and what you are both experiencing are events/time out of sync with what's going on. You may be seeing him in the future/past and the same with what he experiences when he sees you in these experiences. If you've ever called him outside at all, maybe even though he's experiencing it at 3 in the morning, it may have already taken place at say 2 in the afternoon on another day or maybe hasn't even happened yet.

The clues in this are the the low whistle which could indicate time shifting into another vibration (it's theorized that past, present & future exist all at once, just separated by vibration) and vibrational frequency could be what you heard, especially since you got dizzy right afterward. That could be because you were caught up in this vortex and shifting between present and past/future. It would be disorienting to the human body to change vibration like that, kind of like spinning around really fast and then stopping. The reason his face appeared blurred in the first encounter could be because of that vibrational shift, the vibration going faster in a future/past self may give the appearance of being blurry because you were out of sync for that brief period of time.

The fact that these events seem to culminate late in the year from the period of Oct-Dec is also interesting, it is said by many that is when the veil between worlds is the thinnest, perhaps that extends to what we consider time. You both seem to experience these events in the area between your homes as well, so it originates in the same general area.

You've never mentioned seeing anything more than a shadow, which could also fit into what I mentioned. The 'entity' as you both describe it appears to be a doppelganger of either one of you. In many case people hear the voices of someone they know but they don't usually see them, although there are some rare exceptions.

If it's true, then you are both merely seeing versions of yourself and your environment in the past/future. It can be disconcerting but is nothing to worry about.

I have tried to explain my feeling on what is going on and make it clear, however if I lost you, I do apologize and you can feel free to ask any questions and I'd be glad to clarify. I had written something similar recently regarding some sightings near a civil war battlefield. Hopefully this helps some with a different perspective on your experience.

What does spark my curiosity about this fascinating series of encounters is what may have happened in that general area to have created such an energy vortex to begin with, usually it has to have a strong emotional component to it. Are you aware of the history of the area your homes are in? Did anything significant happen there? Good luck!
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-26)
Hi M00nchxld_

If there's no rational or logical explanation for your experiences, perhaps you can find someone who can shed some light on this, I could guess and say that maybe you have a spirit attached to you.
M00nchxld_ (3 stories) (9 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-25)
[at] RCRuskin- yes sorry I did mean 2021... And by monotone I mean it was a one tone whistle. There was no rhythm to it. It sounded like my boyfriends whistling but instead of rhythm it was just one flat tome... Sometimes high sometimes low... Like a kettle on a stove. Also I have never experienced the dizziness associated with the whistling before... I have had sudden dizzy spell out of nowhere before that only last a few sends but they always follow after a headache... There was no headache during the whistling that might have triggered it, and it only seemed to happen at the times I encountered this entity. - Day/ Moon
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-04-25)
Hi, M00nchxld_. By 2022, I assume you really mean either 2020 or 2021. That aside, the monotone whistling, and then feeling dizzy if you turn towards where the whistling comes from seem to indicate a problem with the semi-circular canals which affect your balance, but are also connected with that part of the ear whose name escapes me right now but which deals with actual hearing. Tinnitus is the medical term for the monotone whistle and it can happen due to many factors and conditions.

But medical issues aside, is it really monotone? You describe the whistle at one point as "the whistling sounded like his but in a monotone." Someone smarter in acoustics than myself would tell you that many subtle factors make up what someone sounds like, including variations of pitch and harmonics, so I have some doubts it really was a monotone, though it sounded like such.

Yes. I do overthink things a lot. There's stuff here that seems mundane and stuff that just seems weird. Thank you for sharing this interesting experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: