You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Child Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Child Spirit

 

I have been reading the stories that people regularly publish on this website for several years but today I decided to register to also tell my own story. I actually have several stories of supernatural phenomena that I have experienced throughout my life but none of those stories have I ever told anyone. The fact that I decided to tell the following story on this page is because I need to know if anyone else has had this type of experience.

The incident happened exactly on the night of September 17, 2009. I remember it perfectly because that is the date I joined the army. That night I fell asleep on the couch in the living room of the family home where I lived at the time, ready to show up the next day at the meeting place where the recruitment was taking place.

I don't know how long I had been sleeping when something or someone woke me up in the middle of the night. Just as I opened my eyes someone ran quickly away into the darkness. I could clearly hear the sound of footsteps and the mischievous laughter of a child. Judging by the laughter it was a child of about three to five years old. I couldn't see anything at all because the entire house was in darkness due to a power outage.

I think that boy or whatever he was had been in the living room with me the whole time until I woke up or he decided to wake me up and then ran away. I have to clarify that there were no children living in the family home at the time and the front door was locked from the inside. There is also no chance that a small child will sneak into the house at midnight and start running around in the middle of complete darkness.

I didn't feel any kind of fear, this is the strangest thing about this incident. Rather, I was intrigued. I didn't feel the slightest sense of danger. Actually I could have continued sleeping peacefully but I was too curious to know what was really happening so I used the light of my mobile phone and scanned the whole house but couldn't find any children anywhere.

This incident has never, ever been repeated but I remain deeply intrigued and obviously have questions that need answers. Although I guess I will never be able to know what really happened that night. This is an incident that I have kept secret for fourteen years without deciding to tell anyone.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KnightRaven (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 months ago (2023-10-21)
Hor: I had a similar experience after my father in law passed away. Just days after his passing, I awoke to someone forcefully shoving my shoulder and telling me to wake up. There was no one around. My wife and I think it was her dad's spirit telling me to wake up as the man of the house as well as get busy with funeral arrangements.
Hor (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 months ago (2023-10-10)
Thank you Lady Glow!

I do not believe that the place where the family house is built is haunted, on the one hand because the experience was never repeated and on the other hand I have never heard any other resident of the house report a single paranormal experience.

But you are right that it may have been the spirit of someone who was somehow linked to me or as Rajine says, it may have simply been a spirit that was passing through.

I've lived with this doubt for fourteen years and I guess I'll never get the answers I need.
Hor (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 months ago (2023-10-10)
Hi Rajine.

It is difficult to talk about paranormal experiences with non-receptive people (unbelievers, skeptics, etc.). On the other hand, I highly doubt that anyone else in the house would have had that same experience. In any case, I think you are right and it would have been interesting to ask and know what everyone has to say. But it turns out that the next day I joined the army and didn't return until a long time after completing training.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
7 months ago (2023-10-09)
Welcome to YGS.

This is an interesting experience but it's hard to explained or to say who this little spirit was.

In my opinion, more information is necessary in order to determine if this particular house was haunted by the spirit of a child that hasn't realized they died. Another possibility would be for this spirit to be a departed loved one or close friend who passed away at a young age and came to wish you a successful time in the army.

Regardless of it's origin, it seems that the spirit meant no harm and had a positive energy.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
7 months ago (2023-10-09)
It could have been a passing spirit long forgotten. You should have spoken to someone at home about it, perhaps they experienced it as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: