You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Michael Likes the Rain Too

Real Ghost Stories

Michael Likes the Rain Too

 

I'm taking you back to the first time I have ever seen a spirit or ghost. When I was about five I began to feel like there was something else around me that I couldn't explain. Years pasted on and when I was twelve I saw him for the first time. (Keep in mind that this is a different spirit then the one posted in my other stories)

I remember the day. It was April Fifth and it was a rainy day like most days here in Oregon. I like to feel the breeze and hear the sound of rain falling so I often sat in my window and listened. Well on this day I was sitting there and I began to feel like something was watching me. I turned and looked back into my room and saw a young guy, he looked like he was in his early twenties, floating towards me. I sat there in my window and watched it. I was young and didn't know what to do.

He came up and stood next to me and looked out the window. Then he turned and looked at me and said, "I'm Michael, I'm not going to hurt you. I always listen to the rain with you, it's relaxing..." I didn't say anything to him because I was afraid like most people.

Michael was around for a couple more years and then one day just up and left.

A month later is when the new spirit arrived. Does anyone think this is connected. Let me know.

Other hauntings by Nightgoddess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightgoddess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Maybe Michael is your angel but yes maybe the same thing happened to him from the man
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Perhaps Michael is pushed around by the man too. Pray for him to come back, from what I've read in your other stories, you need him.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
Night Goddess,
I would like to take a stab at answering some of your questions. Remember though, some of this is subjective...

By opeing up using a ouijia board- that means there is a thought that when using a ouijia board, you open portals and often the ones you try to communicatte you do not reach and/or you are lied to by evil entities. If a ouijia board session is opened wrong, used wrong, closed wrong or destroyed wrong, the portal can remain open, causing whatever would like to come through to have a path to do so. I for one have never heard of an incidence involving an ouijia board that was positive or had a positive out come. As a matter of fact, one of my stories on this site address the use of an ouijia board when I was very naive.

Getting your attention- my opinion in this is that it would be just like us, standing in a room trying to communicatte something with people or even just one person there, and you are not acknowledged, that would be terribly frustrating. I also think this can depend upon the situation. It would depend upon the entities (for lack of a better wrod) purpose for showing itself or manifesting.

What makes them evil- I also have a theory that this can be taken in many forms. There are those entities that are tuly evil that never existed on the human plane. They are bent on destruction and dark, evil doings and are sent here to plague the living. Another type of evil entity would be those individuals whoe pass on and did not necessarily live a good life. Take that to mean what you will, but for example, some of the serial killers with no remorse or anything, would they not come back evil and dark?

Hope this helps, again some of these answers are based upon my beliefs and theories.

God Bless!
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
This is to anyone. I have read a fair amount of stories on here and the more I talk and hear about peoples own experiences it has gotten me interested in learning more about the paranormal. So that means I have questions! Ok first off I've heard a lot about people letting things in by using an Ouija board. What does that mean? Do spirits wait behind a door and when it opens do they rush out (or in)?
Second, why is it that they are always trying to get your attention? Is it because they want attention, or they just like moving things around and making noises? I have little things that go on like he wants me to know he there or something. (I'm talking about the mean one).
What makes a spirit mean? Do they just choose to be like people do or does something happen to make them that way? Also what is the difference between an entity and a poltergeist? That's all the questions I have right now, but there will be more. Thanks

😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Hi Nightgoddess,
I believe that certain entities just ARE protectors. I do not think it is something you do, or do not do. I do not think it is in who you are totally, either. I believe there is just some sort of built in emotion for some entities that makes them protectors.
It may simply be in the way they passed away. I notice a "trend" in some of the entities that appear to have died violent deaths at the hand of a spouse. It would seem that many of them become protectors of young children, but not all of them do.
They may just feel a closeness to certain people because of shared emotions, I am not sure.
As for the feeling of Michael not being his only name. It is just a feeling, but I think when he was alive he went by a different name. Maybe a nickname, though.
Thank you.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
To Whitebuffalo or to anyone,
how do spirits even become your protector? I'm really hoping that he is "lurking" around. Sometimes I'll wake up to something touching my cheek lightly like its him but as soon as I open my eyes I can feel the other one instead.
Around the time he left I was getting exstream nightmares. I remember one night I woke up from a really bad one, the worst I ever had, I saw Micheal looking at me. He was always right there by my side when I had a nightmare but this time he stood back and said "I can't..." A couple days later he was gone.
Whitbuffalo you mentioned something about Micheal not being his only name. What do you mean by that?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Nightgoddess,
From this story and other comments I have read from you, I would say you are definitly sensitive. I would also tend to agree with msfrawin. You are open, but avoid trouble and do not have to follow another to feel fullfilled.

WHat types of activity do you experience currently or recently?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hello Nightgodess. I realy liked your story. While I was reading it I had an impression that this was somebody close. Maybe not family close but someone you have known but never seen. A person who protects you from evil. Maybe an angel or a guardian. What ever your religion. I believe since youy were younger it was easier for you to see these things. Now you being older makes it harder to see. Just like White Buffalo said. Maybe hes still there but you should try listenig. He must have been a good person. I don't know why but I just believe he was. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Wow.
Nice peg, MrsFrawin.

Hello again, Nightgoddess,
From your description, I would think that Michael thought of you rather like a little sister. He was there in the time of need, and just wanted to support you in everything that you chose to do. I would like to think that he was your protector, your friend, and your companion (He did go along with you to your Mom's).
I would think that he was skittish to talk to you for the same fundamental reasons you were afraid to talk to him. You were both unknown to each other, and quite possibly he had encountered other persons who did not look favorably on the vision of him(Like Casper. He was a friendly guy, he just got a bad rep as he was living impaired).
I am curious, though, what happened around the time that he left? Are you SURE that he left? I wonder if you were to just whisper his name, if he would be there for you again. Maybe he is "lurking" in the shadows, so to speak.
If this is a possibility (and I am trying HARD not to read too much into his name, as I feel that Michael is not his ONLY name), he could possibly help you rid your living space of the "beastly man". He has been your protector in the past... Any idea of who he may have been in life?
Thank you
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
hello nightgoddess,
i'm going to go out on a limb here and make a few guesses. You are probably the kid in the group who is quiet and don't like a lot a trouble. You are a thinker. You can go along with the crowd but are just as happy to go off by yourself and do your own thing. You have had some turmoil in your life and prefer the quiet times. You are very intuitive and probably the one your friends come to when they need someone to talk to.
with that said here comes the bad part. Ghosts and spirits are going to be drawn to you, I guess the closest analogy is that you smell good to them. They feed off your fear but there are a few things you can do.
first set aside a small block of time everyday to meditate on the good things in your life like the love of your parents or siblings, that you have good health, even if it looks like it's going to be a nice day the more you meditate on the good things the more good things you will come up with. Take up nature watching. But keep in mind that these are all positive things try to think of more each day. Negative spirits cannot stand to stay around positive people, they basically starve.
and as white buffalo and essie have suggested try the earth, sea salt, and pure water just put a small amount in a bowl or even several bowls and put them around the house in inconspicious areas, you might also try smudging the house. In any event good luck and thanks for sharing your story.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Well Whitebuffalo,
I always felt like someone was always watching, like someone was there watching out for me. I really felt him when I was alone. I'd wake up from nightmares and feel like my own parent was there and everything would be fine.
We didn't have long conversations, just small ones. He always seem kind of skiddish to talk to me, I don't know why (do you possibly know). Anyway he was in my house, he never left except when I would have to stay at my moms then he would come with me.
Do I dare ask you to give me more questions? 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Ok, Nightgoddess, you asked for it. 😆
Well, you were around five at this time, but...
Do you remember how you felt in his presence? Do you remember if you had ever felt like that BEFORE seeing him, but while you were alone? Did he visit you often? Did you have full conversation at some point? Was he your personal friend, or more of a companion? Was he a protector? Was he a GUARD? Did he stay in the HOUSE, or was he out in your yard?
As you did not SEE him until you were twelve, according to the first paragraph, but you knew he was there around the age of five (or rather, you knew SOMETHING was not quite right) perhaps he was there all along? You are the only one who could answer that, as you would have felt like you knew him.
Thank you. (There are more...😆)
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Flutterofwings,
I do still live in the same house, I'v lived here since I was I think two or three.
Whitebuffalo,
what kind of questions do you have
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hello again, Nightgoddess,
I DO find it interesting that a month after Michael left, your beastly man showed up. I would have to ask MANY questions to see if the two occurrences were connected somehow or merely a coincidence.
I would like to say that Michael sounds like a very friendly guy. I find it interesting that he told you on your first meeting that he was there to take in the rain as you did. Water is supposed to be a great conductor for spiritual activity.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Do you still live in the same place, you did when the young man stood with you. Looking out the window at the rain? I would need to know if your in the same place, to tell if it's anothe entity or not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: