You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Person Looked Like Girlfriend

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Person Looked Like Girlfriend

 

I was preparing dinner tonight, before my girlfriend came to my place. In the corner of my eyes I saw her walk from my dining room down to my bathroom. As this figure who I thought was my girlfriend pass me I said hello. She turned or it did and looked at me and walked by. After a minute I went back to check on what I assumed was my girlfriend and there was no one in my room or bathroom.

When I got to my son's room there was an extremely cold draft passing through me so I stopped and decided to turn around and go back to cooking dinner. I was so bewildered I wanted to leave my dinner and everything just to get out of my apartment and not go back in. To make matters worse as soon as I walked into the kitchen my girlfriend texted me and said she would be 15 minutes late.

This is not the first time I saw a shadow person or ghost here. I'm just concerned now because it's the first time it decided to take a human form. Should I be concerned? I'm going to sage my apartment tomorrow, is there anything else I should do to this apartment? My concern is whatever this is trying to make contact with my son. He is 9 years old and is on the spectrum.

He is entirely too trusting when it comes to anything and he told me about the old lady in the apartment he sees. Which I believe is my girlfriend's grandmother. Which is weird since she lived in Alabama and I never met her or saw a picture of her. After I described the old lady ghost to my girlfriend she said she saw her grandmother here also. I'm lost on what to do please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Peregrine879, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-29)
You say "my son" not "our son" -Is your girlfriend your son's mother? If not, it could be his mother checking on him - this sort of thing has been reported in cases where the person in question is still very much alive.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-29)
The chill might have occurred after because that's when the poster realized it wasn't the girlfriend?

These doppelganger stories are pretty common. I've had these experiences too. I don't know if it's always cause for concern. Proceed cautiously.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-25)
Greetings, Peregrine, and welcome to YGS,

You thought you saw your girlfriend. Your son sees an old lady. Your "girlfriend she said she saw her grandmother here." You suspect that the "old lady" and "your girlfriend's grandmother" are the same person. Have you shown your son a photo of your girlfriend's grandmother to confirm/deny this hypothesis? All you have is a guess you *hope* is right.

When pursuing the glimpsed individual, "I wanted... Just to get out of my apartment and not go back in." This is called a "gut reaction." On YGS, most of our regulars --especially those whose information has proven helpful to me over the years-- agree: trust your instincts. Human beings have a "fight or flight" response for a reason; something seems "off" so you avoid it & any potential danger. You experienced a moment of this, but you brushed it aside.

I do not care to speculate without sufficient data; however, the data in your narrative could be interpreted as one entity using familiar faces as a useful camouflage. You wouldn't question your girlfriend as a danger; your son may see an old woman as harmless; and your girlfriend would perceive her grandmother as a guardian spirit.

I do not wish to cause you alarm, here; I'm presenting a different interpretation of the descriptions you provided.

You girlfriend's grandmother may indeed have travelled to observe you, in the role of a protective spirit, to ensure that you are a good person to be with her granddaughter. The dead who are aware of their status have been known to visit places of significance to their families to check up on them, even if the deceased had never been to that place while alive. (I know of one that took off on its own vacation, post mortem, but that's not my story to tell.)

Should your son recognize a photo of your girlfriend's grandmother as his visitor, then you've got a lot less to worry about! Deal with that *first.*

Cold spots & inexplicable drafts are more common when an entity is drawing energy away from a location in order to interact (appear, influence people, move objects, etc.). As you'd already observed the motion of the entity, it seem odd to me that your chill occurred *after* you pursued it down the hallway.

Something is not right, here.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: