You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandpa Knew

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandpa Knew

 

Grandpa: "when am I going back home?" Mom: "July 15" Grandpa: "No, find an earlier flight, that's too late" Mom:"How do you know?" Grandpa: "Albert told me". This conversation is the first time we noticed that my grandpa was able to see and communicate with his deceased brother. My grandpa was diagnosed with a serious liver disease and his life was being timed. My mom got a flight for july 15 but he said no. So my mom got an earlier flight.

My grandpa was talking to us then, telling us that Albert (his brother) would be picking him up when he got to the airport in philippines on july 13. My mom ignoring this fact she got a flight for july 11.

The day that he was leaving, they were still in my house, my grandpa started to wave at the ceiling. My grandma, dad, mom, brothers and I all looked up to see who he was waving at, he said "Albert". By this time we got the chills. Then he continued to say "he's reminding me that he's going to pick me up at the airport"

My grandpa traveled from Canada all the way to Philippines in two days, he arrived noon of July 13 pronounced half dead. He had no control of his body, his eyes were closed, though he was still breathing. We realized that Albert had "picked him up".

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chinka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
my grandfather had a similar experience before he died. Just seconds before he died he looked into an empty corner in his hospital room and said, "We did good..." We still have no idea who he was talking to. 😢
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
I am a STRONG believe in the idea that our loved ones come to help us in the Crossing Over transition, Chinka. I would like to add that sometimes they do start hanging out a few days before it is time, sometimes a mere hour or so. Your Grandfather knew and he did the most honorable thing by facing it head on. I am sorry that you have lost him, but am overjoyed that he had the help of his brother on that trip.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
I have also read where people knew the exact time of their death. Read a story of a man who said his dead brother appeared to him in a dream and told him the time and day he would be coming for him to take him to the other side. He was in the hospital at the time and told the staff this for days before it happened but it did happen just as he said it would.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
So sorry for your loss, But many people know, when it's there time to leave this world, and go on there journey to another place.

My pop did too, and my Mom knew about five weeks before she passed on as well. Getting her house in order, giving stuff to her friends and family.

So it was nice, (not in the way of death however) that his brother, was indeed there to pick him up.
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Wow, what an intresting story. I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you know your grandpa is safe. Maby when your time comes he will "pick you up" 😉
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
My most sincere sympathies for your loss. It's so comforting to know that your grandpa wasn't alone on this journey as his own brother was there to show him the way and make the transition smoother.

Thank you for your story. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Chinka,
I am very sorry for your loss, your family has my deepest sympathies.

How wonderful that your Grand father had his brother to guide him, to talk with him and to let him know he would be there to 'pick him up' and to help him on his journey to the other side. It is so touching that the love of a family can carry on across all divides and distances!

Thank you for sharin your beautiful story with us!
God Bless! ❤
maki047 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
At least your grandpa is now in good hands.

That happened to my mom, when she only had couple weeks to live. But she would always tell them to "go away", and that "she's not ready".

She didn't want to leave me yet, I was only 9. 😢
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I'm sorry for your loss,
I've heard of stuff like this happening before, It's an interesting concept
Thanks for sharing ❤
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I think you are right; Your Grandpa knew. I have never heard of a family member or loved one coming to relay such a message from the beyond. This is very interesting.

Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
My deepest sympathies fro you big lost. I bet your Grandfather was a good man. It is said that the closest members to the family come to take you to heaven. I believe in that very deeply. A week before my mother passed away, she told us that her younger sister had come for her. My aunt died over 30 years ago.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: