You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Re-Occuring Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Re-Occuring Dream

 

I have been having a re-occurring dream for the last 10 years. This re-occurring dream started in 1995. I was married at the time. I got divorced in 2203 and left the family home with my two boys. I don't know how to start so I will just go into how I know I will be having this dream or nightmare or whatever it is.

Anyway, this is how it starts: I will get ready for bed but hours before I always seem jumpy and have a feeling there is somebody watching me. I try to shrug the feeling of but cannot. When I get ready for bed, I am overwhelmed by fear and scared to sleep in the bedroom.

The weird thing is I have two men in the flat, my boyfriend and my youngest son. My eldest has his own place now. When I tell them how I am feeling they both always say to me "don't be silly we are here".

Before I get into bed I light a candle and turn the radio on to divert my attention to music. I always manage to fall asleep, then I will wake up suddenly and I can sense there is somebody in the room. I try to stay awake but it is like I am forced back into sleep. In this state of sleep, there is a male presence that is trying to kill me. He always seems to go for my neck, wanting to strangle me, I try to get away but can't. It is only when the hands touch my neck I am shouting for help and manage to wake up.

The strange thing is I have this dream and this presence has come to harm me in immediate family homes, so the first was my grandfather's house in India, the second was the marital home, the third was my uncle's home in the USA.

When I moved into my two-bed apartment, the dream stopped and for about 2 years I was fine, until about 2 years ago. The feeling came back and so did the dream expect this time, it was a more frightful experience for me. This presence, in two dreams went for my eldest son. I managed to save my son both times, the second time I stood in front of the presence and told my son to run.

This thing, has tried to kill me, on two occasions rape me, it has carried me into my son's rooms with me struggling. The last experience I had, I actually woke up and told it to go way and leave me alone, and managed to get back to sleep only to be woken again. I tried to stay awake but could not, the hands went around my neck and the next thing I knew my boyfriend had me sit up in bed.

I had broken out in a sweat and woke up crying and pleading for this thing to leave me alone. I do not sleep for months when I have this dream, but I have also realised that when I have this dream or nightmare, I know someone is trying to harm my immediate family.

This is very brief- there is loads more, I also have had premonitions and can feel when something is going to happen it is usually the bad happenings that I pick.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-13)
I'm sorry, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and I have probably gone completely round the twist from being locked down forever, but there are all these lovely and mystical names here... Bella, alina, oceana, lady-glow, silverthane... And every time I see the name FART EXTERMINATOR in the middle of all that... Well, I lose it in a fit of disoriented cackling. Please forgive me, and call the men in the white coats as you see fit. 😜 😜
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-13)
FART-EXTERMINATOR

Actually 2020 + 173 = 2193, not 2203.

I guess you're trying to fix the OP's typo with a mathematical mistake... Oops!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-08)
FART-EXTERMINATOR: I don't think this poster is going to answer any of your questions, she hasn't been on in 6 years.

I see that you're a newer member so I'll give you a few pointers. I've noticed that most of the stories you've commented on are quite old (3 or more years) and it's doubtful you'll get any response from the poster unless they're still active. One way to check this is to click on the poster's name at the top of the page and that will take you to their profile. From there you can scroll down and see the comments they've made and the date they made them. That should save you some aggravation.

I have to say, I do appreciate that you're reading through the archives! There are some buried treasures in there. Thank you for joining us and welcome aboard.
FART-EXTERMINATOR (24 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-08)
You stated that you got divorced in the year 2203, that's in 173 years time, are you a time-traveler? 🤣
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
You should have a blessing. If you want to contact me my e-mail is dimitris [at] die3grazien.com.I can inform you on that!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Hi Ghostjimmy,

Thank you reading my story, whatever or who ever he is, he is still around. In fact I saw him again last week.
Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
It may be a demon, a premonition, a ghost, a psychological problem... I don't know! 😕 I suggest a blessing!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Maya
The only links between India, US, UK are the family houses. I would have the same dream, with the same events, the same angry man, trying to strangle me, or rape me but I would be in a different family home. So the same dream I had in America, the family that were trying to save me were my uncles, aunts. The the same dream, but in my great grandfathers in India, and it was my great aunt was in the dream and so on. Does that answer your question.
Maya (8 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
holiday in india? But how can you link that with your experience in US? I mean do you find anything similar in what happened in INDIA and what's happening in US? Did you recognise who that person is, who is trying to strangle you?

Maya 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Hi Girlie,
The hands feel very real, my friend who I mentioned it to did say to me it was someone from the past who is very angry with me.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+3
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
HI, O.k so another?. If it does try to strangling you and it has, do the hands on your neck feel real or cold. If it felt cold look at my first comments. If real then call 911. But if in a dream, then it's a past live, or just a dream. It can be just a dream like this, you had a dream one night with someone stangling you. You where so scared and you kept on thing about it all day long even when you sleep, so you had the dream again and got even more scared and there you go you got a dream that won't leave.
GIRLIE 😕
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well this is a tough one for me. A good friendf of mine has the same thing going on with her. I bet you have already met her 😉.I wish I could help you here but I believe she will be more of a help then me. But I will say that this is a very interesting story And I hope you get all the help you need. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Girlie,
I can only explain what I see and go through. Whether you wish to believe it or not is up to you. Read my experiance again and you will see I do actually state it is a male. I will refer to this thing as him or male now, for your benefit. He always goes for my neck, strangling.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+3
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Surya,

So what do you think it is then? A real man. But even though you didn't say it was a ghost a male presence useully mean ghost. Also what thing? The presence or the real man? Your not telling realing what it is when you could. Was the thing trying to kill you real or not. And if you where struggling chouldn't you have seen the thing that was holding you?
RAH (GIRLIE) 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi Tammy,

As promised I will start from the beginning up until now. It all starts from the age of 11 a holiday in India.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
girlie,

Rest assured this is not made up. I have not once said it is a ghost I have referred to whatever it is as a male presence. As for help that is why I am here!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi,
Surya there is one person that is a psysic that I like. I have learn a lot from her. Get help. I'm not saying I don't believe you. But GHOST CAN'T HURT YOU. If they did you'd think one ghost would have killed those people who started 911. I'm not sure your making this up or not but you need to see someone.
GIRLIE 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Surya, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm fascinated by your experiences as I feel we have a lot in common.

I was going to urge you to write about them on our site and I'm delighted to see that you're actually planning to do so.

If you've got some free time read one of my stories Through the Eyes of a Little Girl.

That would answer you why I was asking about premonitions.

Thank you Tammy 😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi rhodes68

This is something that took me a while to realise. Up until 2 years ago, in this re-occurring dream this man is always going for me. The dream as stated in my post, has been the same, but in different family house, so the first dream was actually in my martial home, and I was asking for help from my ex-in-laws them but they were not able to help to. The second was my grand-fathers house in India and it was family from India who were there again they were helpless. Although I have managed to wake up, the next few days sometimes weeks are nothing but disastrous, finances go to pot, family problems, things breaking, I fall ill. Now two years ago and only twice, I had this dream but this time this person was going for my eldest son. The house was the marital home in my childrens bedroom. I woke to go into my childrens bedroom and my eldest son who usually sleeps on the top bunk was on the bottom bunk, there was a massive hole in the floor the was the barrier between the bed and me getting to my son, I was screaming, leave him alone, let him go, I ran into my ex-in-laws room and woke them to help, we all went back into the childrens room and again they were helpless, I culd see this thing slowly pulling my son into this dark hole. My son was 14 at the time, it was at 14 he turned from being a sweet child to a parents worst nightmare, he go into trouble with the police, bad company, he decided he did not want to live me anymore and went to his father and he got from bad to worse. I then had the dream agin which I have stated in the post also, when this thing was trying to get my son again and this time I managed to push my son aside so I was in fact standing in front of this dark male form, I told my son to run he mananged to escape, however in the dream and this was the first time I felt this, I was almost being raped by his gaze. Strtaight after this dream, for days I could not get rid of the uneasy feeling, I thought it was because of the nightmare, but it was not my son got badly beaten up by 13 youths, I was told in the hospital he was actually lucky to be alive and not paralysed. Whether it is a warning I don't know, all I know is wen I have this dream, gaurantee something will happen.

Premonitions- this is very interetsing

I started having premonitions just after I came back from Indiaand that was when I was 11. Have not been back since. I will post why but they came more often when I got married and I was pregnant with my first child.

I married into a Brahman Family. The house has a temple which is near the kitchen and facing towards the garden. Now the living is massive and when you first walk in to the right there is a picture of the Goddess Mata - mother. The picture covers the whole of the wall. There is a sofa in front of the picture, and then a glass coffee table in the middle of the room. Anyway back to the story, I worshipped Mata, would keep the fasts on her day, clean the temple. I was 7 months pregnant when I had the first premonition. I was sitting on the sofa so my back was to the picture, I saw the motherly figure come out of the picture and stand in front of, She used the coffee as a barrier between me and the other household member, nobody could get past the coffee, I then with her blessing gave birth to my son but he came out of my stomach. She stood in front me protecting me throughout the birth, and she placed the baby in my arms, The baby I saw in my arms, the looks, the skin colour, the hair, was the baby I gave birth to. The same happened with my second child, exactly the same except this time my eldest son was the only one allowed to be next to me when I gave birth to my second son. I have had loads more premonitions, which have really freaked members of my family out because they have all happened. So there you go. I will put in my next post when all these things started happenening to me.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi bruwx
I don't understand what you mean by head up or head down. 😕
Our headboard is against the wall, the windows are on left, the bed is in the middle of the room. The door is on the right.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi Jenny
I spoke to a very good friend of mine, when I told her about this re-occurring dream, she told me the same, a male from the past life who is very angry with me. She also said I should confront and ask him what he wants. I have tried this on 2 occassions and when I do he goes away for a little while, 1-2 months and then returns.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Hi iwerewolf,

My boyfriend told me the same thing, sleep on your side, you will not have bad dreams/nightmares, sleep on your back, you will have the bad dreams. Howvever this is not the case with me, I woke one night because I could feel myself being watched by this man, (I don't know what to call it, I call it man because I know it is male) I was sleeping on my back, I told it to go away, leave me alone, and turned to my side the second I did this I was nudged on on my back, I turned back to lie on my back, but before I could do or say anything it was almost like I was forced into this nightmare, so I don't know about the way you sleep. 😕
JennySmedley (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
I wonder if these could be past life memories emerging? I had a recurring dream of being raped, but once I'd been regressed and remembered this event happened in a past life, I never had the dream again.
iWereWolf (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
If you sleep side ways you won't have entity nightmares, but if you sleep on your back then it's possible for you to have entity nighthmares, something to do with your back spine.

We all have a choice in life, and no one has more power than ourselves than to make that choice for us, not even a demon can make choices for us nor God has the power.
Not even I can make choices for you.

Become a Champion! Believe your a winner,
If you get stuck on anything ask for help, I usually pray or google for help.

You can do it and I know you can, because you have the power to choose what ever you want be in life!
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
MAybe its a sort of succubus or something like that, in my country they say that if you sleep head up it gets you but if you sleep with your head down, orany other way wich is not up it won't get you... Do you recon that everytime it tries to get you youre sleeping heads up?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Surya hello and welcome. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I'm sure that living in constant fear and being tormented in your dreams almost every night is cruel to say the least!

I was wondering especially after reading your final paragraph:are these dreams you have premonitions of things that will happen in the future? Have you ever had a dream that warned you about something that actually happened later in time? Finally when you say you know that someone's threatening your family, do you mean literally threatening? Has anything happened?

Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions-it's just that I found your story quite ineresting.

Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: