You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Experiencing Paranormal Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Experiencing Paranormal Activity

 

When I was about six years old, I was playing with my barbie dolls in my room of our new house. It's a big beautiful new house. Yes, the house was new. I looked up, and I saw a ball of light. I didn't feel threatened at all. As a matter of fact, I believed it to be my dead grandmother whom I've never met; an angel. So, of course that sparked my interest.

From then on, I was interested in the paranormal. As a 10 year old, I was always on the internet looking for ways to explain what I experienced when I was six. I never knew my curiosity would spiral me into this world in which I do not belong.

I figured out how to harness my natural psychic ability. (I believe everyone is born with it.) I always liked to believe that there were spirits around me, giving me the protected feeling that my grandmother would have given me. I frequently would venture into places that I probably shouldn't. And search for entities. I would snap pictures and things like that, but I never came up with anything. It was a bit disappointing.

When I was the sixth grade, I became friends with a group of people who shared the same interests as I did. This was very exciting, since I no longer felt like the oddball in the group, and I felt like I could talk about things more openly than I could before.

They invited me to a Halloween party that fall. One of my friends said there would be an ouija board there. I was so excited to hear this. The night of the party, we were all in her room and talking to 7 spirits already. One particular spirit seemed interested in us. He was 18, I think. He told us he died in a car wreck. And I could relate because I almost died in one when I was 8.

Well, anyway, when I got home, and was lying in bed, I felt a presence in the room. But I looked, and there was no one in the door way. I played it off. I just thought I was scaring myself. For a child of 12, I was pretty level headed. As I was staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come, I felt two hands run down my torso, gripping my 12 year old curves. I felt paralyzed. I didn't know what else to do but sit there and wait for the sensation to leave my conscious mind.

Ever since that incident, I've been experiencing more and more paranormal activity. I frequently feel energies around me. And I've become able to distinguish paranormal energy and energy created by man made things. And I often smell roses, cheap perfume, cologne, cow manure, and other smells that shouldn't be there, you know?

I also get pushed and touched quite often. I passed these things off as possibly paranormal. But I couldn't be sure. It wasn't until recently that I thought of the possibility that this thing that's stayed with me through the years could be responsible for my depression. I have gotten help, and I'm okay now. But for 5 years I was depressed and cut myself. I'm wondering if that night with an ouija board ruined my chances at a normal life.

There's so much more to my story, but I'm just giving the gist, because I need some answers. I want to know if I'm in any danger because of this thing I let into my life. If anyone has advice, or anything you think could help, I'd be more than happy to hear from you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, candace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghostjimmy (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
We nearly used an ouija board,too.I took all of my information from this site, but everybody told us not to do it. I was determined to do it because we thought that "they" were going to hurt us. We decided to stop it before it's too late and move on with our lives. We still study the paranormal but mostly as a hobby not a matter of life and death. I suggest you go to a priest of your religion. He can help you with sending these entities away. Start praying often and don't be afraid of them! Just think they can't hurt you and you'll feel much better. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is dimitris [at] die3grazien.com.
Thank you,
Ghostjimmy.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I know I contnually repeat my opinion on these issues, but... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Ouijia boards!
It is quite possible there was a portal opened.

Pray. Tell whatever entities are there they are not welcome and they need to leave in the name of the LORD!

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hello Candace,

I don't actually think your in any kind of danger. You've noticed some touches, smells etc. But as far as I can tell your fine. Depression is a tough thing to go through, your sixth sense is as much a part of you as seeing or hearing, don't dispair because you are able to "see" better than other people. If you do not choose to live with your gift, or if it is too much of a burden, I suggest you protect yourself with whatever means you see fit (some poeple pray, others use crystals, sage supposedly) and just start living your life. That's all I've got to say.

Love, peace, and chicken grease. Gary๐Ÿ˜‰
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I am going to sound like a broken record but I think these experiences (especially the negative ones) have more to do with hormones and kenetic energy coupled with the insecurity all pre teens can have as their body begins to mature. I don't think a ouija board is anything more than the subconscious playing out a scenario. I don't think anything followed you home from that experience but then again I was not in your shoes so I am surmising this. What it does sound like is sleep paralysis. Teen depression is very common and most of us grow out of it as our hormones balance. That aside I'm glad you got the help you needed and you may be sensitive so hopefully if you want to persue this gift you will do so with a positive attitude knowing you are in charge and nothing can hurt you.
OceanxGoddess135 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I believe you one hundered percent that the Ouija board did do some damage. I've used it and every time I do, it always seems that something bad happens afterwards. I have too suffered depression and aggressive spirits from the Ouija board but giving them that control and attention probably just made it worst. I used sage to bless my house and it seemed to work for a short while. I used it to bless the ouija board and I buried it in my back yard. After that, and after my best attempts at moving on and ignoring them it seemed to help. I hope that was some kind of advice to you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Candace welcome and thank you for posting your experiences. Some stories are harder than others to tell.

You seem to be wondering whether the ouija incident was what deprived you of a normal life for years but that is a very difficult question to answer. I'm sure it hasn't helped improving it and I sincerely hope you are in no real danger at the moment.

As you, yourself, said you've always been sensitive and could perceive the spiritual world, a gift you later cultivated. You've been ghost hunting, always on the quest for finding answers... I think that is precisely the reason you were approached by this spirit. There's no way to know for sure that it contacted you through the ouija-that could have just been a coincidence. It could have followed you any other time.

What makes you certain for instance that the ball of light in your room when you were 6 was your grandmother? Could it be that this entity has been following you since childhood?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Well I guess you have the sixth sence. I do agree with you that eferbody does have the sixth sence. Its just that not everyones is a strong as others. Mine for example is weak. I do feel but I guess I acnt see them. For me that's a good thing. Thanks for sharring your story with us. ๐Ÿ˜ I hope to hera from you soon and take care
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
well, it does sound like a door was opened into your life, but at what point? You've had some experiences from what I gather before the party, but the ouija board could have opened up something, possibly. Its a door you'll have to find a way to close. I'm not certain, and don't want to offend in any way, but if your religious, praying helps, if not, I don't have much experience in alternative ways of closing doors like that. I do believe that others on the site may have more methods, other than prayer, if that isn't some thing your interested in. The ones that do, are kind enough to offer help though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: